Tips on Anub 10 Heroic mode

Hey there people!

Me and my guild are having some problems with the Anub 10 Hc encounter.
    We do the first part perfect and we get him down to ~50%.
    When he comes up again we get him down to 30% fast and here is where the problems starts.
    We have had like 20+ wipes on 15-20%. It can be that the healer dies, the tank dies or a healer going oom.

The setup we have is:

Blood Dk
    Unholy Dk
    Fury Warrior
    Enhancement Shaman
    Muti Rogue
    Destro Warlock
    Holy Paladin
    Holy Priest
    Feral Tank Druid
    Dk Tank

Any tips would be helpful!

Thanks on forehand
    /Hoffer

Re: Tips on Anub 10 Heroic mode

Holy Paladin puts the beacon on 1 tank and spam the other, holy priest only on ppl with penetrating cold and help on tanks if he can, and judgment of light on the boss, so u don't have to heal melee (if your feral druid has improved leader of the pack every melee crit is 4% life, every 6 sec :P).
    hope this can help you ^^

edit: i hope your rogue puts the poison for 50% less healing (mortal strike effect, that is really needed)

You need a block Ot for anub's adds. get your blood dk to go unholy fury warr to go arms for -50% healing . There you should be fine now.
    Headcrab Simptoms:
    # Strange feeling to force Gordon Freeman, who appears to be a fish to the victim, to eat crackers.
    # Itching at groin.
    # Yellowing of the blood
    # Red, dry, or missing eyes.
    # Numbness around the cranial region
    # A severe case of dandruff
    # Hair loss
    # Skin loss
    # Head Loss
    # Death
    # Loss of bodily functions

You need a block Ot for anub's adds. get your blood dk to go unholy fury warr to go arms for -50% healing . There you should be fine now.
    I just love how people try to help others with half informed!
    No... you don't need a block OT for anub's adds. I was OT on Anub's adds, and I was in normal gear (for 10 man heroic that is).

The last phase is the hardest one, and it requires a lot of attention. The worst strain is on healers.

1, Your healers must keep everyone on 30% HP, except main tank, offtank and those who get the cold debuff.
    2, Your offtank takes adds away from Anub. No one focuses on adds. You will have to experiment if it is best to kill adds just before you get Anub to 30% (likely good idea), then new ones come, but now DPS focus will be 100% on Anub.
    3, Your offtank takes adds away from Anub, and if they want to burrow, you let them burrow.
    4, When new adds come out, there will be 4 adds. Your offtank activates all shieldwall all cooldowns you have. He might die, but if you did things right, Anub will go down quickly right at around this time.

Its an enjoyable fight, just agree with others that you don't stress out, and try to mantain a cool head. With experience, you will be able to do it, good luck!

Your setup should allow you to easily take down anub. I don't know your gear level, but if you got there it should be good enough. Phase 3 is mostly about execution regardless.

Tips: make sure your healers have used any random gimmick they need to use before p3 (divine plea, hymns, make sure beacon is refreshed, innervate a healer during the kite phase, crap like that). There is not a global CD to be wasted here. As soon as p3 starts, pop hero, finish off remaining adds, and then nuke the boss to kingdom come.

If you can get the boss to 50% (I hope you aren't using hero here) before the first submerge, then your dps is more than fine, which tells me that your healers are doing things wrong. Did it with me (resto shaman) and resto druid this week healing, and although it was tough, we got him down first go.

The key is for noone to panic: Tell the paladin to spam the tanks and NOONE else, worse case scenario do a holy shock on a target with penetrating cold. Penetrating cold shouldn't be that much of an issue either, your rogue can cloak it off, the shaman with wolves out can't possibly die, you got 2 dk's that can pop AMS... just keep them up after that. Plus you got healthstones, which is a very nice touch, and health pots.Your priest shouldn't really be aoe healing either. Assisting tanks at start, and afterwards spamming the 2 targets with penetrating cold. Keep Judgement of light on the boss if possible...Blow all cooldowns on tanks... Kill. Profit.

As someone else said, a tank that's unhittable with a high BV set can help, but is definitely not required.

I would say an mortal strike is probably required for most raids. Though your fury war does not have to go arms, he can just put 2 points in furious attacks in the fury tree. Even if you're killing adds as you enter P3, leave whoever brings your MS debuff on Anub to reduce his healing as you kill adds.

Some tank the adds away from the boss, we prefer to tank them right on the boss for splash damage as they don't seem to burrow unless they're below 75%, this gets the to 75% quickly and lessens the strain on the healers when they burrow.

Since you're using a holy pally, make sure he has the glyph of holy light, if you can group up within 8 yards of the MT/OT, he can heal the entire raid with holy light spam and both tanks with beacon.

A last thing you can do is have everyone pop frost pots as soon as P3 starts. It will eat the first tick of the frost debuff and buy your healers a little time to make sure the debuffed person gets the healing they need, this also allows the healers to let most of the raid get to very low HP without risk of death as soon as they get the debuff, thus reducing the healing Anub receives. It's ticky tacky but when you're scraping for that last 5%, everything matters.

Deleted

Does the lock gives replenishment? if not get someone who does, and if the healers cant handle it get a 3rd healer (druid is the best for this fight along with a paladin). Also small tips: holy pala should use wings as soon as ph3 begins to keep both tanks high, when wings are off tanks should start using personal cds. Enha shaman should use healing stream along with jol that should keep 1 grp alive without any problems. We used to wipe too on our first try, but it was a healing problem.

Thanks alot for the answers guys! Really helpful
    Guess we will try again tonight and down him!

15+ Year Old Account

Honestly phase 3 10 man is all about your healers being able to keep your tank up while keeping your DPS at about 15% hp and having them not die. It's honestly the hardest on the healers.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Gron

I just love how people try to help others with half informed!
    No... you don't need a block OT for anub's adds. I was OT on Anub's adds, and I was in normal gear (for 10 man heroic that is).

The last phase is the hardest one, and it requires a lot of attention. The worst strain is on healers.

1, Your healers must keep everyone on 30% HP, except main tank, offtank and those who get the cold debuff.
    2, Your offtank takes adds away from Anub. No one focuses on adds. You will have to experiment if it is best to kill adds just before you get Anub to 30% (likely good idea), then new ones come, but now DPS focus will be 100% on Anub.
    3, Your offtank takes adds away from Anub, and if they want to burrow, you let them burrow.
    4, When new adds come out, there will be 4 adds. Your offtank activates all shieldwall all cooldowns you have. He might die, but if you did things right, Anub will go down quickly right at around this time.

Its an enjoyable fight, just agree with others that you don't stress out, and try to mantain a cool head. With experience, you will be able to do it, good luck!
    Sure its doable without a shield tank, but god damn it makes things so much easier.

By the way, I'm not 100% sure about 10-man heroic but at least in 25-man heroic MORTAL STRIKE EFFECTS DO NOT WORK.

We run with two healers (druid/priest) also, but Im an enhancement shaman. So what we do is have everyone pile on melee in phase 3 and I use my maelstrom weapon 5 procs to chain heal. With my healing stream totem and chain heal and the pally's judgement of light, we can basically keep the raid up while dpsing, the druid deals with the raid and penetrating cold, and the priest can handle the tanks. In your case, have the enh shammy do that, the holy priest with renews on the raid and the pally on the tanks. problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by ekhie
    By the way, I'm not 100% sure about 10-man heroic but at least in 25-man heroic MORTAL STRIKE EFFECTS DO NOT WORK.
    Um, yes they do.

Few things that stuck out to me.

1. No mortal strike, get this as it's pretty much essential.
    2. Are you getting the enhance shammy to drop nature resist? It's another 9% reduction in healing done by anub, may not sound like much but my guild got Anub first attempt after I started doing this.
    3. If you are killing adds in P3 then you need to keep the MS up on anub and have all dps swap real quick, or just position the adds in such a position as to allow the splash from the melee to hit them. If you leave the adds up I would still reccommend putting the adds in a position to be splashed and make sure you save hero for P3!
    4. Sounds like healers may not have a debuff monitor that shows them who has penetrating cold. This is 6K dmg every 3 secs so clearly it requires quite a bit more healing then just leech life. With MS + MR totem you can afford to let the raid hover around 50-60% simply due to so much reduced healing. We found this helped alot due to a reduction in the dmg done by leeching swarm and a larger buffer zone for penetrating cold.

All in all I personally think this is one of the worst hardmode strats I could have imagined for a boss fight, when we first killed it hard mode not one cheer or overt cause of enjoyment other then "thank fuck that is over" was heard.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ekhie
    Incorrect.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by McQueens
    We run with two healers (druid/priest) also, but Im an enhancement shaman. So what we do is have everyone pile on melee in phase 3 and I use my maelstrom weapon 5 procs to chain heal. With my healing stream totem and chain heal and the pally's judgement of light, we can basically keep the raid up while dpsing, the druid deals with the raid and penetrating cold, and the priest can handle the tanks. In your case, have the enh shammy do that, the holy priest with renews on the raid and the pally on the tanks. problem solved
    Rolling renews is such a waste phase 3.

Hmmh, I thought for sure I read from somewhere mortal strike doesn't work for Leeching Swarm and for some reason I wasn't even the only person in our raid to think so. Oh well, live and learn - my apologies for the misinformation.

Edit: Seems to be lots of diverse information about this. I based my assumption in a post on MainTankadin, which states:

Quote Originally Posted by Joanadark
    Leeching Swarm healing is 100% positively, absolutely, no-question NOT affected by MS on heroic 25-man. That was one of the first things we tested. It is merely 130% of damage done, MS or no MS.
    So what's the real deal here?

Are you losing people to shadow strikes? have to maintain interrupts on adds even in 3rd phase

Are you losing people to penetrating cold? healers need to learn the fight to have very quick reactions to heal people thru this

Is p3 taking too long? Generally its not a question of dps if you are getting to p3 with only 1 burrow -- Possibly you healers are healing too much - p3 is where healers are put on the spot, heal just enuf, but not too much and be quick - takes practice to do this right and well

I am a firm believer in that almost any raid comp can down any boss with smart play and thoughtful strategy to overcome what you may lack.

Anub on togc 10 isn't really any different than toc reg if you ask me.. I'd be willing to bet though in most cases its interrupt fails or bad dps. You hitting enrage or just dying?

Leeching Swarm works with Mortal Strike effects.
    People are just dumb.