Warrior QQ and arena > BG's

the main issue is that warriors can much much more easily "stick" to a kite type class, instead of kiting occuring for almost the entire duration of the fight. theres 2 ways it "SHOULD" be, 1 is the warrior hits very hard (like they do now) but they can rarely get there hands on a kite class, or 2 they hit softly but can spend the majority of the time training onto the kiter, with only small windows of space being created for the kiter to do things offensively. As it stands now they have both, and it should be tweaked. An example would be in season 4, there was a HUGE! difference between a 2300 warrior and your average joe 1400 warrior, now that difference is all but just gear and the quality of there support/healer partner, because every warrior just spams charge intercept over and over till they decide its time to bladestorm, to the point where they all play like identicle twins. There charge opportunities are so often, and the bladestorm button is so idiot proof and cheesey that there doesnt seem to be much of a difference in warr play. when they can sit on a kite class for almost an entire match and do devastating damage while stopping the ability for the kiter to hardly get a spell off or create the distance between him and the warrior that should exist almost the entire game determined by the warrs damage output which is insanely close to the glass cannon class's. the charge distance and CD between how often they can do it should be increased and there melee/bladestorm reach should be shortened greatly aloowing the truly skilled warriors to still shine, and putting the crap ones back in the rating bracket they deserve to be in before there heads explode from thinking there actually good.

Battlegrounds are horrid in comparison to arena play, the fun, skill level, coordination, and almost every single aspect of this games pvp. BG's are for nothing but good arena players to go into and take out some frustration on garbage players (the majority) and are not and should not be taken seriously. This is an honest opinion, not trolling or me being on my high horse, ive gotten 70k honor kills, and played in each season of the arena extensively. In BG's there is almost never even odds at a given flag or capture point, and if there is, other players are guaranteed to arive during the skirmish to screw it all up. The skillful player/s may lose because hes outnumbered, or because some dim wit in greens is there breaking all the CC and has no clue what a DR is. there are vehicles to hide in so you can avoid the games mechanics. Some are there to win, some are there to farm and could give a shit if there side wins, and alot of people are bots which make it even worse. CC timing and combining other CC's with it, and then the counter use of the trinket/cleanse at the right time is a HUGE part of the game, and none of that matters in BG's, so you take the knowledge and skill out of it. BG's are casual friendly, and until there is proper play in them with different brackets for the noobs and the veterans and the high rated arena players all seperated, and a meaning and reason to try and coordinate actual pvp skills into them, they are just garbage clusterfucks that no one cares about. Its bad enough that crap players can get there hands on the best gear in the game in VOA that they have no clue how to even use, but trying to casualize pvp even further by trying to make BG's an actual focus of the game is just a miserable idea and i wish they would let it go. One last note, if players cant choose specifically who is in a rated BG with them, then none of the good players will get into them, having my rating rely on pugs, no thanks man.

Re: Warrior QQ and arena > BG's

yea but warrior is also in plate armor so they are slower at running than clothies
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

I agree with you about warriors and then i stopped reading

tl;dr

Well, agree about warriors - charge/intercept+MC+mortal+wirl+harmstring+spell reflect+this melee reflecting thing+fear time to time....there are some abilitys that used not so often as ms+harm+charge/intercept and it can look like warr only use those 4/5 spells. Warriors need more "devastating" moves, i mean more difference and some sort of triggers for some of 'em (trigger for MS or harm can be done good). (for example - "warriors maelstorm" to use execute at 20-40-60-80-100% hp or deal 10%-20%-30%-55%-70% damage od wirl instantly..some sort of this can do warriors gameplay more "devastating" (w/o breaking balance!))

About arena/BG - at 1st "soon" we will get rated BG; 2nd - IMHO make two BG bracket will save this - one will gather lowrated pplz, second - pplz rated over..for example over 1800.

P.S. "walloftext" arent good ;(

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Quote Originally Posted by IhatePvE
    Well, agree about warriors - charge/intercept+MC+mortal+wirl+spell reflect+this melee reflecting thing+fear time to time....well, there are some abilitys that used not so often as ms+harm+charge/intercept and it can look like warr only use those 4/5 spells. Warriors need more "devastating" moves, i mean more difference and some sort of triggers for some of 'em (trigger for MS or harm can be done good). (for example - "warriors maelstorm" to use execute at 20-40-60-80-100% hp or deal 10%-20%-30%-55%-70% damage od wirl instantly..some sort of this can do warriors gameplay more "devastating" (w/o breaking balance!))

About arena/BG - at 1st "soon" we will get rated BG; 2nd - IMHO make two BG bracket will save this - one will gather lowrated pplz, second - pplz rated over..for example over 1800.

P.S. "walloftext" arent good ;(
    cool idea, but it stands that if there going to hit hard and have deadly damage, then they need to be almost continuously kited, or kiteable. If there going to smash off a large chunk of life when they close the gap, then kiters should have the tools required to keep seperation almost at all times. So that if the kiter makes a mistake and the warrior is good he deserves it, and if the kiter is pro and the warr is a noob he will never get the chance. That was the most important aspect of mage warr arena play, now its just cheesey, the quality has gotten lost, and to even the best mage, it feels like meleecraft, and like there fighting robots that are all identicle twins, this is absolutely not a good thing.

Sadly I am going to have to disagree with you. There is still a difference between good warriors vs bad warriors. The good warrior will wait for you to be stuck in a stun so the bladestorm will be used to its fullest potential, wait until you have used your defensive cooldowns (think Ice Block, blink, bubble, demonic port, disengage) or wait til your healer is being lolfucked by CC. While the bad warrior will just charge/hs/ms/bladestorm and hope for a kill.

Also your ratings were off, the average joe use to be atleast 1550.

Edit: Also I play a warlock, so all of my information you can just disregard (except for the average joe thing).

I don't know if you'd like the input of a 2k+ warrior but here it is.

There is without a question a difference b/w an 1800 and 2100 warrior. You seem to think that we are all offense, offense, offense, when a large majority of the time we are being focused to keep our damage in check. I get the feeling that you're QQing about the 2v2 bracket. My suggestion is to, first, get your partner to peel the warrior off of you, and second, to play 3's.

Bladestorm is usually not what finishes an opponent off, rather, it begins the cycle that will lead to a kill (cleave two targets, CC one and focus partner until DRs then Hard-switch + CC healer.)

Battlegrounds are really a crap shoot. There is only so much a solo warrior can do in a BG, but give him a pocket healer and THEN the magic happens.

With regard to charge and hamstring, you need to communicate with your partners to peel the warrior off of you, they are very CCable. (Except a Prot warrior... a well geared prot is freekin' scary. I would love to role prot myself, but just don't have the right kind of +BV gear to make it effective)

I tried to keep it short and sweet...flame away.

Balls Deep!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrion
    the main issue is that warriors can much much more easily "stick" to a kite type class, instead of kiting occuring for almost the entire duration of the fight. theres 2 ways it "SHOULD" be, 1 is the warrior hits very hard (like they do now) but they can rarely get there hands on a kite class, or 2 they hit softly but can spend the majority of the time training onto the kiter, with only small windows of space being created for the kiter to do things offensively. As it stands now they have both, and it should be tweaked. An example would be in season 4, there was a HUGE! difference between a 2300 warrior and your average joe 1400 warrior, now that difference is all but just gear and the quality of there support/healer partner, because every warrior just spams charge intercept over and over till they decide its time to bladestorm, to the point where they all play like identicle twins. There charge opportunities are so often, and the bladestorm button is so idiot proof and cheesey that there doesnt seem to be much of a difference in warr play. when they can sit on a kite class for almost an entire match and do devastating damage while stopping the ability for the kiter to hardly get a spell off or create the distance between him and the warrior that should exist almost the entire game determined by the warrs damage output which is insanely close to the glass cannon class's. the charge distance and CD between how often they can do it should be increased and there melee/bladestorm reach should be shortened greatly aloowing the truly skilled warriors to still shine, and putting the crap ones back in the rating bracket they deserve to be in before there heads explode from thinking there actually good.

Battlegrounds are horrid in comparison to arena play, the fun, skill level, coordination, and almost every single aspect of this games pvp. BG's are for nothing but good arena players to go into and take out some frustration on garbage players (the majority) and are not and should not be taken seriously. This is an honest opinion, not trolling or me being on my high horse, ive gotten 70k honor kills, and played in each season of the arena extensively. In BG's there is almost never even odds at a given flag or capture point, and if there is, other players are guaranteed to arive during the skirmish to screw it all up. The skillful player/s may lose because hes outnumbered, or because some dim wit in greens is there breaking all the CC and has no clue what a DR is. there are vehicles to hide in so you can avoid the games mechanics. Some are there to win, some are there to farm and could give a shit if there side wins, and alot of people are bots which make it even worse. CC timing and combining other CC's with it, and then the counter use of the trinket/cleanse at the right time is a HUGE part of the game, and none of that matters in BG's, so you take the knowledge and skill out of it. BG's are casual friendly, and until there is proper play in them with different brackets for the noobs and the veterans and the high rated arena players all seperated, and a meaning and reason to try and coordinate actual pvp skills into them, they are just garbage clusterfucks that no one cares about. Its bad enough that crap players can get there hands on the best gear in the game in VOA that they have no clue how to even use, but trying to casualize pvp even further by trying to make BG's an actual focus of the game is just a miserable idea and i wish they would let it go. One last note, if players cant choose specifically who is in a rated BG with them, then none of the good players will get into them, having my rating rely on pugs, no thanks man.
    FIrst off, you probably just don't understand warriors enough to kite them, we can only charge once every 20 seconds, and intercept once every 25-30 seconds. If you can't kite that, maybe you belong in BGs.

And Bladestorm? I'm guessing you play either a lock or a mage from the rest of your post: blink and teleport are good spells to save for bladestorm. If you play elemental or boomkin, respec, reroll, or quit bitching.

If warriors are doing too much damage to you there are 2 things you can do, stack more resilience, and stack more stam. If these are stacked and you still are taking too much damage your either lying, or don't know how to kite.

And about BGs, don't compare rated BGs to the bgs we see today. You will be grouped with people of equal skill, much like in arena. And they have said that you will have teams, with 10-15 people. And just because arena's are different than BGs (not always fair fights), does not make them require no skill or knowledge. It's only a different type of knowledge/skill, I.E. Avoiding those situations, and making them work in your favor (always fight in numbers).

You sound like you've been playing this game a long time, so much so that it's affected your ability to adapt to new situations, new abilities, new mechanics, new ideas, etc. I suggest going outside, reading a book, learning an instrument, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Avestheman
    I don't know if you'd like the input of a 2k+ warrior but here it is.

There is without a question a difference b/w an 1800 and 2100 warrior. You seem to think that we are all offense, offense, offense, when a large majority of the time we are being focused to keep our damage in check. I get the feeling that you're QQing about the 2v2 bracket. My suggestion is to, first, get your partner to peel the warrior off of you, and second, to play 3's.

Bladestorm is usually not what finishes an opponent off, rather, it begins the cycle that will lead to a kill (cleave two targets, CC one and focus partner until DRs then Hard-switch + CC healer.)

Battlegrounds are really a crap shoot. There is only so much a solo warrior can do in a BG, but give him a pocket healer and THEN the magic happens.

With regard to charge and hamstring, you need to communicate with your partners to peel the warrior off of you, they are very CCable. (Except a Prot warrior... a well geared prot is freekin' scary. I would love to role prot myself, but just don't have the right kind of +BV gear to make it effective)

I tried to keep it short and sweet...flame away.
    Spot on, the thing that makes a good warrior these days is defence. Try to bring a warrior in 3's and see that 2/3 games he's gonna die first, spending the whole game in defensive stance, stunlocked/disarmed/slowed/cced not doing shit, and eventually die.

Yeah, seems the OP doesn't know his opponents' class very well. It's pretty evident that either you play an "anti-class" to Warriors or are just not as good as you might want to think you are. Just because a class can Intercept every 25-30 seconds and Charge every 20 seconds doesn't make him immune to kiting. I'm really confused as to what class you might play that your having trouble kiting a Warrior. Maybe you really should evaluate your skill and what classes and skill level you choose to play with. Warrior is the easiest target to focus fire down once Shield Wall is used not to mention the easiest to CC outside of Dispels and HoF. Since we have such nice damage reduction abilities for magic we dominate also, amirite?

This kind of post makes me sad purely for the fact that you don't have enough sense to justify why your hating on a class outside of a few abilities that are tied to extensive cooldowns and aren't managed well outside of a pairing with a healing class.

Do yourself a favor and stop giving your class a bad name in PVP.

Heya. I have been playing a warrior for the last 5 years, i have no alts. To actualy hear some1 complain about a wariror is very fun . I play arena and have done pvp always, in all season. Got rank 13 on warrior and been true all OMG we got buffed faces, witch lasted for few weeks of fun then gone again.

What i dont get is your issue to get away from a warrior is, a warrior is the easiest class in the game atm to cc. We have the slowest slowing speed, 50%, hunters have 60, mages have 60 and rogues have the normal 70 as old days. We have the smalest ammount of cc, we have fear. I do not look on charge and intercept as cc. All good players jump when this happens and most of times gives very little affect if you aint fast on using Piercing howl asap. I atm play with a druid in 2 vs 2( yea flame me lol). But what most people allrdy know but others dont get is that yea we have Bs, yea it hits hard. But why shouldent it hit hard?. Its a warrior, we only have meele, we cant even interrupt without macro or changing stance. And world cd breaks in between also. But i dont complain about it, i love playing warrior. Its a perfect class, and his hard to play good.

This is a Fact. No other class in the Game takes as big hits as warriors when it comes to beeing nukes by Maqical dmg, all know that. If you want hig critts ask a warrior for a duel. And all other classes does imba dmg, Atm its insta cast that tops the list, Arcane, frost mages, ele shammy destro tops the list with omg pew pew dmg and they know it. i DONT think you should complain about warrior dmg cause its prolly the only balanced dmg class atm. You never se a mage go dead from warrior in arena in 2 sec. But a warrior can boom die frmo Maqical in that time, easy. 1 Exsample is when i died in shatter from 2 frost mages with 32k hp in 2 vs 2 before stunn went off. Im not saying i should do that, 12 k lava burst, destro locks doing 8-10 k insta hits.

Im not saying fix other classes, i just dont se how warriors atm is OP class that needs to be fixed.

Gnyrk lvl 80 orc warrior dragon blight.

Ps : I usualy play all arena games 30-50% in defensive modes not to die from nuke, its not Bs skill pew pew die thanks bb

People whining about BGS lol.

Noob

Warrior bladestorming your sorry ass

<-- my pic
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Biggnome

Quote Originally Posted by venik
    FIrst off, you probably just don't understand warriors enough to kite them, we can only charge once every 20 seconds, and intercept once every 25-30 seconds. If you can't kite that, maybe you belong in BGs.

And Bladestorm? I'm guessing you play either a lock or a mage from the rest of your post: blink and teleport are good spells to save for bladestorm. If you play elemental or boomkin, respec, reroll, or quit bitching.

If warriors are doing too much damage to you there are 2 things you can do, stack more resilience, and stack more stam. If these are stacked and you still are taking too much damage your either lying, or don't know how to kite.
    And you are the #1 retard of today.
    Ele/Balance go reroll, that just prooves ur foolishness.
    and then, about stackin stam/resil and locks/mages havin to save teleport/blink for bladestorm.
    So you are stating, that us Warlocks and Mages should gimp out our SP gems/enchants for resil wich immediatly is negative for us and pushes us right back into defensive vs any warrior setup.
    i think just cant read between the lines and see what the actual problem is.

So, your sayin, go from 2.8k SP to 2.3k SP and get ur resi up. Yes and like that we will certainly be able to kill a Warrior with Spell Reflect/Pummel/Charge/Last Stand...
    Conclusion, your a warrior, hittin 1800 for the first time in WoW, very happy u were able to faceroll to T1 weap rating and u just hope u wont get nerfed.

And oh yea, let me tell you about ur totally shit arguement..
    My Lock has about 1k resi and 26.3k hp, and still.. Warrs hurt.. too much.

l2p man srsly, b4 u come here and talk total shit

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty
    And you are the #1 retard of today.
    Ele/Balance go reroll, that just prooves ur foolishness.
    and then, about stackin stam/resil and locks/mages havin to save teleport/blink for bladestorm.
    So you are stating, that us Warlocks and Mages should gimp out our SP gems/enchants for resil wich immediatly is negative for us and pushes us right back into defensive vs any warrior setup.
    i think just cant read between the lines and see what the actual problem is.

So, your sayin, go from 2.8k SP to 2.3k SP and get ur resi up. Yes and like that we will certainly be able to kill a Warrior with Spell Reflect/Pummel/Charge/Last Stand...
    Conclusion, your a warrior, hittin 1800 for the first time in WoW, very happy u were able to faceroll to T1 weap rating and u just hope u wont get nerfed.

And oh yea, let me tell you about ur totally shit arguement..
    My Lock has about 1k resi and 26.3k hp, and still.. Warrs hurt.. too much.

l2p man srsly, b4 u come here and talk total shit
    can write a whole wall of text for you sir, but i can just keep it short.

if your a mage/hunter and you lose to a warrior in 1v1 you are fail, end of story
    they both have a million abilities to counter our distance closers
    "OMG WTF WE HAVE TO SAVE BLINK AND TELEPORT FOR BLADESTORM??"
    ofc you have, its called managing your CDs, they are abilities to take you out of sticky situations....
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by shamanz
    Wall of text hits you for OVER 9000(1 overkill)
    You die.
    ya I can see how reading is hard :

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow
    ya I can see how reading is hard :
    i can see how pressing enter is hard.

this doesnt look appealing to read and is annoying to read, if you make a thread you should atleast make it look appealing for the readers
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Powell
    can write a whole wall of text for you sir, but i can just keep it short.

if your a mage/hunter and you lose to a warrior in 1v1 you are fail, end of story
    they both have a million abilities to counter our distance closers
    "OMG WTF WE HAVE TO SAVE BLINK AND TELEPORT FOR BLADESTORM??"
    ofc you have, its called managing your CDs, they are abilities to take you out of sticky situations....
    if you are frost ok, but if you are arcane then its a different story, arcane mage + rogue doesnt have much peeling except for the occasional "get off our priest asshole!!!!" the arcane mage requires that windows of cast opportunity be afforded, so time needs to be created. The warr class seems to be able to completely negate this by never having more than 2 seconds not being on the mage shutting his cast down. The arcane mage needs to get a 3 or 4 stacks of arcane blast to effect the match, thats just to have your basic effectiveness and they should have the tools to easily control this. The warr is able to stop the mage from ever getting 2 stacks up while at the same time doing massive damage. There absolutely is an imbalance here that needs some focus from blizzard to be fixed. Whether they do it or not is the convo, arguing whether the warr has too many tools to close the gap is a waste of time, because of course they do its an absolute. Any warr that argues any different is just afraid of changes that may come and force them to be as frustrated because they cant constantly sit on the class they want to as the kite class is now because they cant create the basic space and time they should have just to be effective.

Warriors are OP I play two of them in arena and my god too much damage.

The problem is Sweeping Strikes + Bladestorm + GT + Death's Choice/Verdict. I simply just wait for GT/DC/V to proc and switch to a target that is fully dotted(I play WPLock and run double trinket). The target will usually die if not I switch right off to another target which should die soon after.

The burst plus fast switches is just too good, nerf warriors please!
    WEWENTWESS GWALLDATIROR CASUALTY

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Casualty

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Cowsualty

10+ Year Old Account

Holy wall of text, Batman!

Wall of text crits Your eyeballs for 6 points of damage (7,532,853 overkill).
    Your eyeballs shrivels up and dies.
    Your eyeballs uses [Reincarnation]
    Your eyeballs starts casting [Recall]

"It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama