Thread: RP Idea

RP Idea

I don't know if this has been thought of for adding to the game, but I think it would be pretty cool if Blizzard implemented it. It would be a roleplaying tab you can edit and people would be able to know the backstory of your character.

Re: RP Idea

implemented?.... what?

revising:

this thread is epic win

sorry, accidentally hit enter, but i thought it would be pretty cool if they added a roleplaying tab on your character that the player can edit and other people would be able to see the history of your character, it would generally be your characters summary. Just thought it would be a cool idea. Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Scrufnard
    sorry, accidentally hit enter, but i thought it would be pretty cool if they added a roleplaying tab on your character that the player can edit and other people would be able to see the history of your character, it would generally be your characters summary. Just thought it would be a cool idea. Discuss
    There's already quite a few RP addons that do that aren't there?
    Each time you think about giving Paladins the ability to duel wield, god kills a kitten in each of the parallel universes. Twice.

i would vote yes, if it werent for the fact that players would abuse this (mainly the 12 year old blood elf death knights) and say shit like:

"Har har, mother fucking badass likes pussy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kichirou
    There's already quite a few RP addons that do that aren't there?
    But not everyone has these RP addons, it's something you can do on inspect or whatever if blizz implement. I like the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheetos
    But not everyone has these RP addons, it's something you can do on inspect or whatever if blizz implement. I like the idea.
    No, of course. But, the majority of people who RP do have them. And by also just using them the people who someone previously stated that would write useless crap in them wouldn't be an issue
    Each time you think about giving Paladins the ability to duel wield, god kills a kitten in each of the parallel universes. Twice.

10+ Year Old Account

don't listen to the nay-sayers. I actually think this is a really cool idea. Sure some dumbasses would abuse it but then what dont they abuse? That would add a nice element to roleplaying. As it is right now you have to attempt to meet new rpers and hope they are compatible with you. This is completely hit or miss, and everyone has a very low batting average. My recomendation is that you post this on the developement forum.

Deleted

so generally you want to enlarge the guildnote and make it available to the general public?

Quote Originally Posted by Aiushtha
    so generally you want to enlarge the guildnote and make it available to the general public?
    I was just thinking you could use inspect and you could click on the "Character Background" tab, and you would be able to see the backstory they wrote about their characters.

So why exactly should I RP with someone if I know his character's whole story, favorite color, his dog's name and the sound he's doing while in toilet?
    One of the aspects of RP is finding out the other character's story, not just reading it.
    If you mean it should be used like Flag addons, so you can describe things on your character the engine can't show, well, then if Blizzard would implement that, they would just admit they're not able to let you customize your character. But that's my interpretation.

Also there are many other things Blizzard could do for RP. They could for example start not replacing the "This is an RP realm" welcome message with something else 80% of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    So now the Norse are stealing ideas from Blizzard, too!