Ele sham and ? 2vs2

Ok so im getting to 80 soon and i was wondering being a ele shammy what would be a good combo for 2vs2 arena.
    More Pewpew less QQ

Re: Ele sham and ? 2vs2

Heya mate, i'm not certain about this, but i would recommend a burst combo.
    It seems like Ele shammies aren't the best at surviving, so bursting down the other team before they get to you, that seems reasonable.

Just of the top of my head i would think Ret pally or Rogue, but to be honest i have no idea.
    But just know, the ele shammies i have faces has gone down fast !
    Quote Originally Posted by Untoldblasphemy View Post
    "You play for fun, but when I kill you, who's having the fun?"
    ^ Awesome !

Quote Originally Posted by Store1989
    Heya mate, i'm not certain about this, but i would recommend a burst combo.
    It seems like Ele shammies aren't the best at surviving, so bursting down the other team before they get to you, that seems reasonable.

Just of the top of my head i would think Ret pally or Rogue, but to be honest i have no idea.
    But just know, the ele shammies i have faces has gone down fast !
    dunno have seen elem shammys survive pretty long imo you should try with mage or Moonkin something what can CC maybe heal or do sick burst.. caster not melee and have seen Elem shaman and Holy Paladin doing very well.

Probably a Rogue would be fair good.
    I teamed up with a Guild member Alt Rogue and I was PvE Geared/Speced and we tore some teams up.
    With the right coordination and burst it's pretty nice.

Go with rogue, holy pally or disc priest.

Not the easiest setup but the most noob friendly probably is with the rogue. Theres a priest/shaman team on my bg at like 2600 rating but they both are realy awesome players with multiple glad titles.

Destro lock I'd say. Good cc and comparable burst. Globalling stuff is fun.

15+ Year Old Account

Destro Lock or Rogue.

I'm thinking destro lock or a mage. Both would be pretty OP

Holy pally
    Warlock
    Mage
    Boomkin (Kinda pushing it)
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Never seen this, but it'd be interesting:

Ele/BM hunter.

Hmmm ok ty guys there is a destro lock that gonna be 80 soon too so i might try it out with him
    More Pewpew less QQ

It's 2v2 it doesn't matter at all what you pick.
    "Attractive blonde Rita Skeeter, forty-three, whose savage quill has punctured many inflated reputations…"

Quote Originally Posted by RitaSkeeter420
    It's 2v2 it doesn't matter at all what you pick.
    this

I play 2s with a ret pally. Pretty good burst fun comp to play. only problem we face is sometimes priests are hard to get down. good comp tho very fun
    80 Warrior
    80 Death knight
    80 Shaman

I'd run ele/mage, ele/dlock or ele/hpally. All viable comp, most annoying is probably mage/ele.

ele sham/warr is very good comp

Quote Originally Posted by Galash
    I'm thinking destro lock or a mage. Both would be pretty OP

No team with an elemental shaman in it in 2vs2 is OP... And saying "would" sounds like you've never tried it so how do you know? (talking about ele/mage).

I'm playing ele/mage with a RL friend atm, but seem to be stuck just below 1700 rating. Its a pretty fun comp to play, especially against cleave teams . The problem is just that once you get over 1600 rating (atleast in my bracket), 60% of all teams you meet or gonna be Priest/Rogue, 80% of all the teams have a rogue in it. 10% is Warr/druid, 5% is warr/other healer and the last 5% is random.

The problem is that with rogue/priest the rogue just sit on the shaman and rapes you... There is really no way to counter it, since you're not able to heal with the rogue on you, and the priest is dispelling all snares/sheeps on the rogue. If you sheep the priest, he trinkets it, you sheep him again (only 5 secs this time), and the rogues uses CloS. That means another 4 seconds where you can't touch him, and by the time he is out of CloS the priest is almost out of sheep, ready to dispell/heal the rogue. You can't change your sheep/hex to the rogue and presure the priest because he just dispells the rogue who is capable of (almost) completely locking an elemental shaman down.

Havn't jet found a strat to deal with those damn rogue/priest teams. (except standing on some edge and throwing him down, but sadly that isn't viable in all arenas)

EDIT: Not saying it completely sucks, some people figured it out and achieved some pretty nice ratings . Not a lot tho'.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    trust me druin=PWN is ptw durid not durin but np its no sorry 8) .but is good ask if you can no know so yeah good to you but ask if you no know 8) but trust me i have playin long so DRUID IS BEST=3 form beat all i mean explmame=stealh cat like rogue(pwn9 8) then BOOM big bear big heelth so its moar armor than cat and then just tree?=no tree god like cenarius but give you more heelth=pwn then you go owl and stars do magic to you 8)

Destro lock ---> you'll delete whatever you face

Quote Originally Posted by younoseeme
    i played ele/mage to 2300+. priest/rogue is one of your easiest setups. we have around a 80-90% win ratio against this setup. the mage needs to peel first, then you burst the rogue. once the shaman gets a good distance... the mage and the shaman can begin doing damage to the rogue attempting to force some of the rogue's cooldowns. sheeping the priest early to force a trinket is ideal but not necessary.

cleansing totem should be down 100% of the time. with cleansing and earthbind a shaman should be able to somewhat kite the rogue. by sheeping the rogue you allow the shaman to gain some distance from the rogue. the mage sheeps again if the rogue trinkets or it gets dispelled. a large number of rogues will trinket the first sheep and cloak any incoming cc. the shaman should already be in ghostform ready to run. sheep the rogue after cloak if he's not on dr otherwise a rank 1 frostbolt or a frost nova/cone of cold can suffice. sheep the priest and pull your elemental out then call for burst. there's no way a rogue can survive a frostbolt into a pet nova into a deep freeze to a frostbolt lance lance with the shaman's burst. a counterspell on the priest's holy tree is a guaranteed win with cloak down.

double dps teams with rogues and warlock/healer are the your hardest setups, but everything is winnable if played correctly.
    I see your point, but 0.1 second after the rogue's CloS is going to end, he uses his vanish. Then he opens on the shaman again and this time the sheep is on DR and you've probably trinketed the first kidney shot. What do you then do?

Another problem is that in 90% of the times the priest will be cool enough to stay out of sight, which means a sap on the mage, which equals 10 seconds where the rogue can play with me as a shaman (and the priest can manaburn me if he wants to). If the mage trinkets sap he is going to get blinded ofcourse. Should he iceblock out of the blind?
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    trust me druin=PWN is ptw durid not durin but np its no sorry 8) .but is good ask if you can no know so yeah good to you but ask if you no know 8) but trust me i have playin long so DRUID IS BEST=3 form beat all i mean explmame=stealh cat like rogue(pwn9 8) then BOOM big bear big heelth so its moar armor than cat and then just tree?=no tree god like cenarius but give you more heelth=pwn then you go owl and stars do magic to you 8)