15+ Year Old Account

does 4pc t9 outweigh 2pc t8?

Hi, i only just dinged my druid 80 the other night and im migrating my character when 3.3 comes out to play with some irl mates who are currently doing togc 25 man, they have told me that they will gear me up by running heroics to get me the emblems to buy t9. now my question is this, does the 4 piece tier 9 bonus out dps the 2 piece tier 8 bonus? just because i doubt i will be running ulduar to get the tier 8 pieces i want so ill have to make do with the ones i can get from the EoC vendor.

Deleted

Re: does 4pc t9 outweigh 2pc t8?

What spec are you talking about?

If you are asking about boomkins, then the answer is no, not unless you get 4 pieces of 258 T9. Go for 2pt8 and 2pt9 (head and chest if you can).

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    If you are asking about boomkins, then the answer is no, not unless you get 4 pieces of 258 T9. Go for 2pt8 and 2pt9 (head and chest if you can).
    Posting to quote-confirm, heh. Between now and 3.3, you should have enough time to snag T8 from vendors and you may even get lucky with VoA drops.

15+ Year Old Account

sorry yeah i did mean boomkin, did you mean head a chest of t8 yeah?

thanks for the help

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zleepnir
    Posting to quote-confirm, heh. Between now and 3.3, you should have enough time to snag T8 from vendors and you may even get lucky with VoA drops.
    awesome guys, thanks for the quick replies

appreciate it

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Erudus
    sorry yeah i did mean boomkin, did you mean head a chest of t8 yeah?

thanks for the help
    No, i meant chest and head from T9, because they have no spirit, and are arguably the best T9 pieces. I realise, however, that this requires you to go back to Ulduar to get the others, and that you could easely get T8 chest and helm from emblems. That was why i said "if you can". Otherwise, just get chest and helm for T8, and buy the other pieces from triumph emblems.

15+ Year Old Account

No, i meant chest and head from T9, because they have no spirit, and are arguably the best T9 pieces. I realise, however, that this requires you to go back to Ulduar to get the others, and that you could easely get T8 chest and helm from emblems. That was why i said "if you can". Otherwise, just get chest and helm for T8, and buy the other pieces from triumph emblems.
    thanks mate, appreciate it

Personally I use the head and shoulders, but that's because I crafted a merlin's well before getting the 245 trophies. When I get the remaining ToGC trophies I need to make the jump to 4pc in 258, I'll probably aim for head/chest/hands/legs, and use the heroic glacial wilds shoulders.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Deleted

The pants or gloves from Anub are pretty damn sweet, and if you can get those from heroic aswell, it may be a better choice. But is it realistic to wait around for 4x 258? Assuming your guild is killing Anub, it still takes a good 30 weeks to give all raiders four pieces of 258 :P

Out of interest how large is the difference between t8 and 4 t9 245 ?
    i can see being crit capped on lunar eclipse would be amazing also even better since with wise eclipse it would be 100% that you get instant solar ?

I dont play moonkin (tree/cat) but i still get to tell them what to do

Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

yes it does

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by shags the penguin
    i can see being crit capped on lunar eclipse would be amazing also even better since with wise eclipse it would be 100% that you get instant solar ?

at most I can only see the difference being abot 500DPS from me physically testing it ... it's 100-250 DPS and I've spent quiet a bit of time on the target dummy :P (what is strange is sometimes 4T9 has come out a lil ahead) but I still roll with 2 T8 2T9 and shoulders from jara 10man hc.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by shags the penguin

To put it this way: I did some dummy tests (many tests) and took the top 3. One group was with my normal gear (2pt8 2pt9) and the other was with 4pt9 (all 245). The average DPS of the top 3 runs in either setup showed 2pt82pt9 to be 50-150 DPS more than 4pt9. Going up to 4pt9 i258 would make the difference very small, in favor of 4pt9.

If you are running with this kind of gear setup, you will be nearly crit capped (or spot on, depending on your gear). Thats why we use WiseEclipse, which cancels our lunar eclipse (if we cant fit in another SF before eclipse runs out) so we get the benefit from lunar, but are able to proc solar. This means that the last cast will crit (according to having lunar up) and we will go straight into solar eclipse. Ofcourse, i still have a very small chance to not crit during lunar eclipse, but it is very marginal.

The only time i use 4pt9 is on Anub heroic, because id rather have the extra spellpower - we dont spend that much time casting in eclipse on that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Poldara
    at most I can only see the difference being abot 500DPS from me physically testing it ... it's 100-250 DPS and I've spent quiet a bit of time on the target dummy :P (what is strange is sometimes 4T9 has come out a lil ahead) but I still roll with 2 T8 2T9 and shoulders from jara 10man hc.
    I guess once again its down to RNG if all your starfires crit without the t8 set bonus then the difference will be small/negative...maybe the bonus to the solar may keep t8 up a bit but meh... after spending 13 hours /played on the PTR and I haven't left a city yet I might have to go moonkin on live... its rather fun

Nothing quite like making some videos on moonkin rotation for my guild then ending up with about 20 wraths in a row without a proc

Thanks for your answer

Out of interest what should a full 245 moonkin hit on a dummy my best was 5.797

Edit fail spelling
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

Deleted

I saw a clear difference when i did the runs without 2pt8 - there were even times where i didn't go straight into solar, which was a DPS loss because i had assumed that i would.

I believe that when i did the runs a few weeks ago, my dummy DPS was 5800-6100, or somewhere in between, on a regular basis. This was without using either starfall or treants.

I saw a clear difference when i did the runs without 2pt8 - there were even times where i didn't go straight into solar, which was a DPS loss because i had assumed that i would.

I believe that when i did the runs a few weeks ago, my dummy DPS was 5800-6100, or somewhere in between, on a regular basis. This was without using either starfall or treants.
    Ah nice thanks...time to pick up myself 2 part t8 and see what happens in full resto gear :S :-*

yes I agree "SF did Not Crit" sucks

Deleted

It's around 6K DPS for me on dummies , sometimes I get more sometimes less , if I use trents is more then 6K if I use SF it's pushing it up a lot higher again (mainly cause i have volatile power trinket too and I always pop em at the same time :P )