The Current state of BG's below lvl 80?

I just wanted to ask for others honest opinions and feelings about the current state of BG's below lvl 80. I level an alt of every class and recently decided to do some BG's that I have not done in a long time. It took 2 days to complete an AV daily due to the fact that just approximately 10 to 20% of the raid was trying to actually win the BG, well at least the way I'm use to it being done. Almost no one was assaulting the North or trying to kill the other factions ( Alliance ) bosses. Many players just seem to be hanging out in the Horde main boss area and defending it and I found so many that appear to just be afk'ers an even saw a couple just killing beasts in the zone.

Sorry , I know it is probably QQ, but are others, that really enjoy trying to seriously get the victories, having this same experience? If so, it really has no entertainment value at all to do some of the BG's now.

Re: The Current state of BG's below lvl 80?

I think that with the change of making BG's "rated" will help with the people frolicking in the meadow, and will hopefully group people together. The thing that bothers me more about battle grounds are people who decide to start complaining how bad X faction sucks as soon as they are losing. I also don't like the new afk feature, i was responding to someone's whisper the other and got the deserter de-buff. It was annoying but not the end of the world. But yea when BG's get rated(not sure how) i think it will make them more fun and competitive. I also think they should give more incentive to actually playing the BG right, for example: the other day my friend and I decided to play "hit man" on our rogues where we pick 1 person in the battle ground and just kill them repeatedly ignoring everyone else. And although we lost that battle ground we had top honor in that game because we killed this person so many times. So i would like to see more incentive via honor to completing objectives within the battleground.

A big problem i have found is that often , bgs are still starting with uneven teams (blood lust).

Another huge issue is the fact that lower lvl players have absolutely no incentive to do bgs but still do. They miss most their spells , barely dint with melee and die very quickly whilst relative to level , receiving the same exp as higher level players (i.e takes a lvl 79 50 bgs , takes a lvl 71 50 bgs).

I wish they would employ a war hammer approach to lower lvl players in bgs. In which they buffed stats of everyone to reflect said players all being the same level. Basically in wows case a person 6 lvls lower than hes target inside a bg would no longer invoke a 10+% chance to miss. As well as this they would get similar hp pools to higher lvl players and similar defenses. Higher lvl players would still have slight advantage in gear , talents and new spells. But the whole experience wouldn't be a waste of time for lower lvl players. Games would be alot fairer then they are now. I cant tell you how many times ive seen 1/2 a team stacked with lowbies and simply get roflstomped.

Alterac Valley sucks below 80. Reasons are as follows:

- NPCs are far too difficult to kill.
    - The majority of the raid thinks "grinding honorable kills" is more valuable than winning the BG quickly.
    - Que times are often poor.
    - Very rarely is anyone specced to tank with tank gear.
    - A fair portion is watching TV/browsing the internet and hoping their faction wins.
    skott#1374 - add me to expand your b.net friends list of reliable players for raiding/arena.

Video if myself raid healing, raid dps, and raid tanking:

http://goo.gl/wNZeS5

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinOrcWarrior
    Because so much questing gear has defence on it...
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

theres bgs lower than 80? i couldent tell because there almost all a joke unless its like the 70s

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment
    Because so much questing gear has defence on it...
    In 51-60 bracket (or whatever the lowest is) you could still have people of the appropriate class that carry around stamina and whatever bits of def gear they could find, I for one levelled a feral druid like this, which I know doesn't need def gear, but I kept lots of high stam gear in my bags for tanking dungeons, it's the same principle.

Past level 60 there is def gear for tanks anyway.

I think the BGs are pretty fun at the lower levels. You don't need to worry about resilience.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinOrcWarrior
    Alterac Valley sucks below 80. Reasons are as follows:

- NPCs are far too difficult to kill.
    - The majority of the raid thinks "grinding honorable kills" is more valuable than winning the BG quickly.
    - Que times are often poor.
    - A fair portion is watching TV/browsing the internet and hoping their faction wins.
    The big problem is the fact Blizzard didn't adjust the levels.
    In the 50-59 AV you have level 60 mobs. This makes no sense at all. People below 57 hardly do anything against them (misses for casters and glancing, dodge, miss, parry, block for melee)
    This made sense when the major group of people was at the same level as the mobs, but now it's simply stupid. Make them all level 55 or something.

Now lower level bg's in general. I actually love to level alts and get some xp from bg's at times to skip some annoying zones/levels.
    It's just like playing the lottery, sometimes you have an awesome group sometimes you have a group of people who are still in white gear at level 20 aka they fall dead when a hordy looks at them harshly.
    Combine that with the pain hunters/warlocks are below level 30-40 and it can become extremely tedious at times.

I'd really like a wg-esque buff for lower levels. Improving their hp, dmg and healing output slightly when they're not at level x9. It makes no sense to give an advantage to people who join at the max level when you intend people to be able to level in battlegrounds.

here is how bgs go per level bracket

11-19- wsg is a kill fest with the one guy with health (rogue or a druid) just running across
    20-29- wsg and ab have much more speed so it is viable but healers still don't have the tools so it comes down to rogues and others who can put out big crits and damage
    30-39- same as 20-29 except 2 classes gain powers that define the bracket- kidney shot and bubble nuff said
    40-49- fastest mounts and healers become more viable because more mana to out last the melee long enough. More signiture powers like death coil plus many talents that help a ton
    50-59- av becomes the premir leveling bracket and in these brackets when pvping to level it goes x0-x7 AV and x7-x9 wsg, ab or what ever the player likes (aka level fast in AV and pvp for fun and level in the ones you like) DKs can one shot you. (my mage at level 59 has just over 3k health AFTER full stam enchants and stam gear and about 1k without)

dks rule the bracket (they aren't op because of class design) because they are in a full set of blues and are at level 58 minimum when they come out of there.

60-69- dks still rule but others can take the lead at times because of level 60 class defining powers. All bgs are viable for fun but AV is still best for fast xp.
    70-79 this is like the 50-59 bracket for front half is for leveling back half for fun. DKs are no longer so op that they will 1 shot you and killing them for any class isn't impossible. Healing is deffinatly ok. Some classes struggle without their level 80 powers (warlocks, shamsns,and to a lesser extent druids)

80- shitz and giggles along with elitists oh joy

imo 70-79 is best dispite my lock being gang banged by every class.

Specific BG xp gains
    you always get xp when you win

WSG- You ONLY get xp when your team captures the flag. At level 78 i get about 4.5k xp per cap to put this into perspective as rested killing a mob my level (5-7 secs) i get 2k xp

AB- gives about 3k every 260 xp so you will probably get some xp (if you don't it'll be so fast it won't matter)

AV- You get xp when towers capped, every 50 (i believe) die, captians killed, killing general, etc

Eots- like AB and WSG points when you cap and every so often from points.

SotA- honestly no idea prolly when you destro a gate or don't lose any

IoC- no idea really