Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Cataclysm skills

Dont lie, every shaman here at some point herd about a new toy they were getting in a major patch or expansion and got all giddy and wanted to know more about it. So what kind of thing causes that to happen? If i can say anything about blizz its that they make skills and spells that sound fantastic on the board when we know nothing about it so i wonder what kind of thing that will be in the next exp.

I remember hearing about Thunderstorm and going insane, and then even more so when i saw its very OP first form which could have renamed the spell [Death by fall damage - Rank 9001].

So the post is essentially what us nerds spend hours of manhours thinking of:
    What ridiculous, OP, unfair, and just plain cool spells can we the, neglected children of blizzard, come up with.

and this post better be HUGE cuz i have like 20 of them from myself alone....

/GO!
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

Re: Cataclysm skills

I personally don't see any new skills being implemented in Cataclysm.

There are only 5 new levels and no new talents.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by XeroXen TruSin
    Totem of the storm
    Requires: Earth totem

Increases the stats and armor of all nearby allies by5%

an earth totem not only useful to non melee, but one people may actually ask for

Warpath totem
    Requires: Fire totem

Increases all damage done by 5% and reduces all damage taken by 3% to all nearby allies

a fire totem that doesn't suck and will scale with people, also highly wanted
    its different but i think i like it. I also played with the war-tools tree creator but it was more or less was just a copy of the tree in effect with a few ability changes, my best of which was:
    Instant
    40% base mana 10min cooldown
    Reagents: Ankh

Shaman becomes like lightning increasing all damage done by 30% and all damage taken by 20% for 10 sec. While in lightning form all spells are guaranteed to critically hit and have their cast time reduced by 50% and mana cost increased by 50% in addition the effect chance of Lightning Overload is increased by 20%. Cannot cast non-offensive spells or summon totems.

Storm Surge- Shaman becomes like lightning, bolting 10 yards ahead, causing all enemies they pass through XX nature damage. 30 sec cooldown.(i do know that this is more or less "stealing from mages" but we need survivability, and i don't want to carbon copy a spell)

Earthquake- Channeled. the shaman causes an earthquake at their feet for 10 seconds causing damage to all enemies within 10 yards. Damage caused scales with attack power or spell power, whichever value is higher. Damage dealt is physical if attribute is attack power and Nature damage if attribute is spell power.
    (we already know with Frostfire bolt for mages that the damage caused by a spell can be changed, this is based on how well a class can use the AoE depending on how they gear)

I won't put Wind Walk as we've all seen 90,000 variations and ideas for it

also a Lightning lash(like air elementals have) would be good for keeping a target, although only an enhance would want that and it seems more like an elemental skill (if you don't know, go attack an air elemental in Nagrand then try to run away, they throw a little lightning tether that pulls you toward them)
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu

oh god sir..... there will be SOOOOO many new skills and talents... a good portion of the game is changing, and we already know essentially every class is having their talent trees COMPLETELY reworked to fit the new style for cata. I mean, hunters have no mana and warlocks dont gather soul shards anymore...

and now that i think about it weve already been told about new spells and abilities

Deleted

every shaman here at some point herd about a new toy they were getting in a major patch or expansion and got all giddy and wanted to know more about it.
    Presumably "herd" refers to Tauren Shaman?? ie: what do you call a group of Tauren Shaman - a "herd" of shaman.

Soz couldn't resist.

Guessing you just mis-spelt heard.

Dont lie, every shaman here at some point herd about a new toy they were getting in a major patch or expansion and got all giddy and wanted to know more about it. So what kind of thing causes that to happen? If i can say anything about blizz its that they make skills and spells that sound fantastic on the board when we know nothing about it so i wonder what kind of thing that will be in the next exp.

I remember hearing about Thunderstorm and going insane, and then even more so when i saw its very OP first form which could have renamed the spell [Death by fall damage - Rank 9001].

So the post is essentially what us nerds spend hours of manhours thinking of:
    What ridiculous, OP, unfair, and just plain cool spells can we the, neglected children of blizzard, come up with.

and this post better be HUGE cuz i have like 20 of them from myself alone....

/GO!
    you know what i would love?

i would LOVE to be able to actually loot the corpses of mobs that are killed by my totems or spirit wolves.

example? say im blastin thru deadmines to help lvl my friend's alt... i'd love to be able to just pop spirit wolves set to aggressive and let them run wild wiping out entire sections of the mine at once. Only problem is, if i don't 'tag' the mobs they're not lootable by anyone in my party.

same thing happens if i round up a bunch of mobs and let them get burned down by my magma totem. What good is having any AoE if i have to go around and manually hit each mob before i AoE them down?

don't other classes with pets get to loot things that their pets kill? Mages can AoE huge crowds of mobs down and not have to worry about 'tagging' them - why can't we?

/frustrated and annoyed

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu

Blizz said 3 new spells per class, 72 73 and 75

Quote Originally Posted by serif
    you know what i would love?

i would LOVE to be able to actually loot the corpses of mobs that are killed by my totems or spirit wolves.

example? say im blastin thru deadmines to help lvl my friend's alt... i'd love to be able to just pop spirit wolves set to aggressive and let them run wild wiping out entire sections of the mine at once. Only problem is, if i don't 'tag' the mobs they're not lootable by anyone in my party.

same thing happens if i round up a bunch of mobs and let them get burned down by my magma totem. What good is having any AoE if i have to go around and manually hit each mob before i AoE them down?

don't other classes with pets get to loot things that their pets kill? Mages can AoE huge crowds of mobs down and not have to worry about 'tagging' them - why can't we?

/frustrated and annoyed
    Your totems are considered pets by game standards meaning, unless you deal 1 damage to all the mobs, they are not tagged by your totems. Meaning you did not technically kill them because they were not tagged to you. This is also in the game to prevent classes such as hunters just setting pets to aggressive and having the hunter never lift a finger while he loots all the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalfomancer
    Your totems are considered pets by game standards meaning, unless you deal 1 damage to all the mobs, they are not tagged by your totems. Meaning you did not technically kill them because they were not tagged to you. This is also in the game to prevent classes such as hunters just setting pets to aggressive and having the hunter never lift a finger while he loots all the gear.
    its still lame that the only AoE i have that will 'tag' mobs is my chain lightning that will only his 3 guys at a time.

and i guess i get the pet thing, but the spirit wolves are summoned pets that only last 45 seconds, they should be treated differently than a hunter who has his pets with him at all times... i would still have to 'lift a finger' for the 3 minutes in between each feral spirit CD

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Leé the Noble
    in addition to spells changed thru the talent system and already existing abilities that they want reworked. like, idk, TOTEMS? we will have a lot of new ones, ill bet a good amount on that.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    Presumably "herd" refers to Tauren Shaman?? ie: what do you call a group of Tauren Shaman - a "herd" of shaman.

Soz couldn't resist.

Guessing you just mis-spelt heard.
    well they are the best shaman after all.

lol but yes, typo

Speaking of AoE... I would like to get real AoE - more then my Thunderstorm and Magma totem. Give me Lightningstorm! Blizzard - but with freaking lightning bolts! No "X mins CD", a spell I can channel all I want to!

I take it that should have been 82, 83 and 85 :P

they're implementing some new spells

Totem of casualise - removes the necessity to provide multiple situationally beneficial totems and gives all totem related buffs in the form of a 'meta - buff'
    Wrath of totem - hurl you're totem at the enemy knocking it into a subconscious state of turbulence allowing you time to yoink its purples
    Lava Squirt - splooges a sticky spray of large unbalanced yellow numbers across your enemies, dealing rediculous damage and wtfpwning the enemy based on the lack of caster skill points

I'm playing hunter as main and I can tell you, no we don't.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Fire Nova for shamans next patch.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by eitzo
    they're implementing some new spells

Totem of casualise - removes the necessity to provide multiple situationally beneficial totems and gives all totem related buffs in the form of a 'meta - buff'
    Wrath of totem - hurl you're totem at the enemy knocking it into a subconscious state of turbulence allowing you time to yoink its purples
    Lava Squirt - splooges a sticky spray of large unbalanced yellow numbers across your enemies, dealing rediculous damage and wtfpwning the enemy based on the lack of caster skill points
    Wrath of totemic death apocalypse god-rain of the 7th plane: Caster gives all his strength and dies to summon fourth a totem rainstorm that drops enough totems to crash a server and delete all who are close enough to witness its divine glory.

then you tell me where the hell you mind to put all those new skills in my full bars

Quote Originally Posted by Strozzino
    then you tell me where the hell you mind to put all those new skills in my full bars
    For that you need:
    Totem of Action Bar - Summons a totem which adds an extra action bar for everyone in its radius.

its still lame that the only AoE i have that will 'tag' mobs is my chain lightning that will only his 3 guys at a time.

and i guess i get the pet thing, but the spirit wolves are summoned pets that only last 45 seconds, they should be treated differently than a hunter who has his pets with him at all times... i would still have to 'lift a finger' for the 3 minutes in between each feral spirit CD
    There is thunderstorm if you have an elemental dual spec. But yeah sadly that is about it.

I would love to see something like this although it might be a little OP : /

Ball Lightning
    2 Second cast
    15 Second Cooldown
    6% Base Mana

Hurls a ball of lightning at a target causing 900-1200 Nature damage. When Ball Lightning hits the target it explodes causing 500 Nature damage to all targets within 8 yards.

Edit: Maybe redesign lightning overload so that when it proc’s off of CL it has the chance to cast another CL versus a reg LB. : /