Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Hallow's End Issue, Shadowmourne, Comics

Shadowmourne - Legendary Axe
    The latest PTR build introduced a few quests related to Shadowmourne, the Legendary Axe you will get in the Icecrown Citadel.

Actually, you probably won't get Shadowmourne. You will most likely acquire a downgraded version of the axe called Shadow's Edge and will have to upgrade it by completing multiple quests in the Citadel, most of them require you to kill a boss or a given amount of monsters in the instance.

Below you will find a list of the quests related to Shadowmourne / Shadow's Edge. Please note that some of them like The Final Descent or Shadowmourne, Blade of Legends aren't available on PTRs for the moment and any of these quests could change anyway.

The Sacred and the Corrupt
    It is against my judgment that I present you this errand, , as it will likely end in your undoing. Ignore my counsel and embark on the endeavor, and I shall provide you with the knowledge and resources to see it through.

You must return to Frostmourne Cavern and recover Light's Vengeance, Arthas' discarded hammer. Reforged with saronite and etched with the acidic blood of the Lich King's abominations, it will provide the foundation for our work.

Unholy Infusion
    Before your weapon can reach its full potential it must be endowed with its signature powers. First among them is unholiness. You must seek out and defeat the one called Professor Putricide, but his death is not your only goal. You must use his resources against him.

Find a way to absorb his mutated slime. Use the foul substance to infuse your weapon with the power of the unholy. Only when this has been done shall I reveal your next task.

Blood Infusion
    Your weapon is now prepared to be endowed with the power of blood. You are to face Queen Lana'thel in battle and bathe the axe in her Blood Mirror power. When it has been fully infused, you must slay her unmercifully.

May her screams pierce the ears of the Lich King as he awaits his fate.

Frost Infusion
    Shadow's Edge is prepared to receive its final infusion of power. Sindragosa, the enemy's own mount, must fall. But before she is brought down, you must sustain three of her frozen breath attacks without tasting death.

Without his dragon, nothing shall stand between you and the Lich King.

The Splintered Throne
    The Lich King's throne once served as his prison. Kil'jaeden himself crafted the vessel of icy crystals from the twisting nether. Its sole purpose was to hold Ner'zhul's vengeful spirit. When Arthas struck the crystal with Frostmourne, he released Ner'zhul's soul, allowing it to merge with with his own. Splinters from that impact are now scattered throughout the citadel.

I shall require those shards, held only by the Lich King's most powerful servants, to seal the power contained in your blade.

A Feast of Souls
    Shadow's Edge is among the greatest weapons a could hope to obtain. Is your lust for power sated, ?

I thought not. A final warning then... You now embark on the most treacherous leg of your quest. Bridle your aspirations, for if your aims are impure then your life, your very soul, is forfeit.

The weapon you hold is but an empty husk, a mere shadow of what it may become. Only the devouring of a thousand souls will unlock its true potential.

Hallow's End Achievement Issue
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    We are currently experiencing an issue with the Hallow's End candy buckets that is affecting the Trick or Treat Achievements for this event. Certain candy buckets in Northrend, once looted, are preventing characters from looting some of the Candy Buckets required for the Trick or Treats of Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor and Outlands. The current way to work around this is to get the candy buckets from Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, and Outland before doing any in Northrend.

Note, doing the Achievements first will prevent some of the Northrend Candy Buckets from being intractable.

We are actively working on a resolution for this and will provide more information when it is available.

Update: At this time please do not submit an in-game ticket on this issue, doing so will not result in a faster resolution as we are still working on the issue and will provide more information when it is available. Thank you.

Comics
    Dark Legacy Comic #210 and Teh Gladiators #96 are out.

Re: Hallow's End Issue, Shadowmourne, Comics

<3 DLC.

Jeez, the Shadowmourne questline is INTENSE. And the fact that it's evidently a reforging of Arthas' hammer means it's not even a previously-unknown weapon of lore, like many were QQing about with Val'anyr. Combines the shard-gathering of Atiesh, with the boss-wrangling of other legendaries, several times, over, PLUS the mini-grind of killing buttloads of Scourge. Pretty epic.

As awesome as Shadowmourne is, I'd rather use Frostmourne
    [size=1] Can't take requests for sigs atm

Cool.

Only the devouring of a thousand souls will unlock its true potential.
    Final step of the quest: Do battlegrounds and use some item on 1000 enemy corpses?

Super Great For The Both Of Us

Seems like a very nifty questline imo
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.

what i'm curious about is how hard will it be to get the base item

Quote Originally Posted by mena
    Cool.

Final step of the quest: Do battlegrounds and use some item on 1000 enemy corpses?
    Hahaha that would be sweet. It'll probably just be 'kill a thousand enemies in Icecrown (zone) or Icecrown Citidal-raid/instances though.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Hahaha that would be sweet. It'll probably just be 'kill a thousand enemies in Icecrown (zone) or Icecrown Citidal-raid/instances though.
    More likely, it'll be infusing it with Frostmourne. Seeing as that's done the thousand souls for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tootsweet
    what i'm curious about is how hard will it be to get the base item
    This is WotLK. Blacksmith's will make it out of 10 saronite and a frozen orb.

15+ Year Old Account

Seems like epic questline for legendary weapon, I like

It had better be worth grinding '1000 boars' for...

I'm noticing it doesn't say kill the bosses on hard mode so although i have no doubt it will be... wait for it...legendary. It won't be +1 tier legendary.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack
    This is WotLK. Blacksmith's will make it out of 10 saronite and a frozen orb.
    lol

I'm really wondering how rare it will be though. First you need the base one, which is probably the most time consuming to get. I'd love to have it, but I'd bet GMs and Officers in guild will be the only ones to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanict
    lol

I'm really wondering how rare it will be though. First you need the base one, which is probably the most time consuming to get. I'd love to have it, but I'd bet GMs and Officers in guild will be the only ones to get it.
    I thought the quest starts with getting Arthas old hammer and some "runeforged saronite" (or something like that). Read nothing with the base item to start with. Or is this only on PTR?
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted

Stupid bugged candy buckets. All I need is the one last candy bucket on one of the Rises in Shattrath and it didn't register for me. :/
    IF they're going to wipe all the buckets and reset the entire meta-achievement like they did with the summer festival I'm gonna go gnerd-rage...

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    I thought the quest starts with getting Arthas old hammer and some "runeforged saronite" (or something like that). Read nothing with the base item to start with. Or is this only on PTR?
    Maybe I didnt read it right. Late here and very tired.

Well this may give just a little insight on Hard modes for Putricide, Lana'thel, and Sindgragosa.

Unless the quest has some text saying (must be completed in hard mode). I just don't see a legendary being created from normal modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    I think he meant the opening quest to get Shadow's Edge; hard to tell how difficult getting Primordial Saronite will be. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a BS item that is both an Icecrown-recipe drop combined with whatever Orb-equivalent there is in Icecrown, maybe even as crazy as one-per-bar. That would be sweet.

DLC as awesome as ever!!