Thread: HL or Fol???

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

HL or Fol???

HI! So ive done a bit of research on the 2 different ways of healing.... well kindof lol. Actually not really =/. So i thought id ask the MMO community! But pretty much Fol stacks sp and Hl stacks int. So got some questions. Cause im kindof in the middle lol and im kindof of tired of it, so im rebuilding etc. So here we go!

As Hl(spec) are your Fol's actually powerful? or is pretty much the only thing thats decent is Hl?

As Fol(spec) do you have issues running out of mana? (cause im starting to run htotc and shtuff, so i have to keep beacon up and other thingswhich isnt cheap.)

Which ones more viable for what?

and just any other info or tips you could share with a fellow pally ;D

Deleted

Re: HL or Fol???

simply,
    FoL = Easy mode, HL = Hard mode

Quote Originally Posted by HolyShizNit
    HI! So ive done a bit of research on the 2 different ways of healing.... well kindof lol. Actually not really =/. So i thought id ask the MMO community! But pretty much Fol stacks sp and Hl stacks int. So got some questions. Cause im kindof in the middle lol and im kindof of tired of it, so im rebuilding etc. So here we go!

As Hl(spec) are your Fol's actually powerful? or is pretty much the only thing thats decent is Hl?

As Fol(spec) do you have issues running out of mana? (cause im starting to run htotc and shtuff, so i have to keep beacon up and other thingswhich isnt cheap.)

Which ones more viable for what?

and just any other info or tips you could share with a fellow pally ;D

You should go HL spec (if such thing exists) in raids, your FoL will still crit or heal for a decent amount which is nice... but really HL helps out other healers in sense that they wont have to worry too much about the tank since they'll have pally healing them =P

You can never stack enough SP to make FoL a worthy heal, unless you're doing lower tiered content where no damage is really happening. Paladins just gem int to sustain holy light for as long as possible, tossing out the occasional holy shock while moving. FoL is crap, the HoT isn't worth it. If you want to be a baller on single tank fights, beacon them up, and roll HL through the people taking damage in the raid.

The SP-stacked FoL setup fails when the proverbial poo hits the fan (unless you have some weird raid comp with several holy paladins), so don't do it. Gem int and make sure your gear has a lot of haste as well - your HL's will be quick, and judicious use of cooldowns will allow you to keep your mana up.

in 25mans my holy light heals for 14k and 25k crits
    in 10mans my holy light heals for 12k and 23k crits

in 25man my flash of light can crit at 10k
    in 10man my flash of light can crit at 8-9k

all depending on buffs ofc

but the thing is that spamming Holy light and incorperating holy shock and flash of light i can do 6-8k heal per sec assigned to tank healing and "o shit" things.

Flash of light spamming and using holy shock and holy light for harder parts i can do 4k hps. this is more for a raid heal role or in simpler raids.

the biggest thing to healing is matching your cooldowns with ur tanks cooldowns. dont blow ur wings and massive heal + trinkets at the same time as the tank uses shield wall etc.

also find how long you can last with holy light spamming. Using the 100 less manacost libram and seal of wisdom is also recomended.

gem and gear; gem for int and int only.
    u should look for Int, Haste and crit in that order in your gear. Mp5 is handy but not a priority.

unbuffed i have 40% holycrit, running with seal of wisdom glyph (5% less mana cost) and http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/40705/libram-of-renewal/ i get my holy light cost down to a bit over 1100. When i crit with holy light i get back 430ish mana, making the final cost of holy light down to around 700. which is very managable.

raidbuffed i have 36.7k mana and i can last a holy light based spam for around 3-4minutes using manapots and divine plea.

if u can find ur lasting point u can try balancing out spamming holylight vs flash of light u can manage ur lasting point.

good luck have fun.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol
    gem and gear; gem for int and int only.
    u should look for Int, Haste and crit in that order in your gear. Mp5 is handy but not a priority.

unbuffed i have 40% holycrit, running with seal of wisdom glyph (5% less mana cost) and http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/40705/libram-of-renewal/ i get my holy light cost down to a bit over 1100. When i crit with holy light i get back 430ish mana, making the final cost of holy light down to around 700. which is very managable.
    Mp5 >>>> Crit, Mp5 is almost double as effective for pure regen as crit even with our ridiculous mana reduction effects to stack with Illumination, also its more like 380ish mana for a crit

The priority is Int > Haste > Mp5 > Crit <> SP with crit and SP being interchangeable depending on how often you Flash and Shock

thank you all for the helpful tips and answers! So yeah ive decided to re gem/enchant everything for solely int. Then try that out and see how it works out. GRACIAS! ;D

Flash of light is ok for 10 man content but holy light is by far the best for difficult raiding in 10/25 toc gear you will have over double the possible output and holy lights will be down to 1.3 secs so the speed thing isnt that important. With that it is much easier to stack int then ever socket 1 nightmare plus all yellows ies as your meta and you can grab toc reg trinket + badge trinket for over 4k extra mana raidbuffed. Also if you are not doing hardmodes your highest possible int pieces include 3 crafted pieces uld mail boots+ crafted chest and wrists(if you dont mind being made fun of look at the cloth for the best stats).

The only somewhat difficult part of holy light pallies is managing cds. knowing when to pop divine plea, you only want to do this during down time such as right before massive crash worms burrow etc, if you have to do it while tank is taking damage pop a trinket or aw with it. Pot as needed and if you are horde pop arcane torrent on cd( this is important over a beasts fight it is around 10k extra mana.)

Plus if you are pugging most good group leaders know to ask about a pallies mana pool rather than spell power.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol
    in 25mans my holy light heals for 14k and 25k crits
    in 10mans my holy light heals for 12k and 23k crits
    I call shenanigans on your math, sir.

FoL is obviously better, but you have to only use Rank 1 FoL to really get the power of the spec

The idea is to gently tickle the tank with tiny heals so that the boss is incapacitated by laughter at your pathetic efforts.

Sure the tank may die, but it'll be fun and that's the important thing right?

Hi, I gem sp>int>mp5>crit.

I have 3800 sp raid buffed in 25 togc. We have cleared 25togc. In the current content I don't see the difficulty to heal tanks especially when the tanks are geared. However it's because we have a holy light pally in my raid, it's good for me to go for flash of light.

comparing output, on tank healings i did more healings than holy light spammer. however, holy light spammer do help a lot in healing raid.

i want to say that it depends on your raid needs, if there is 1-2 holy light spam in your raid, you can try flash of light to be a supportive healer.

Quote Originally Posted by apokteino
    I call shenanigans on your math, sir.
    was just a rough estimate, sir.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

HL if ur the main Hpally hands down. If you have a great HL Paklly in ur raid already u can get away with FoL but i don't recommend it uless ur guild clears togc 25

OR you can be pro and sit on the fence, and use HL, FoL, and shock accordingly to healing demands

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    FoL is obviously better, but you have to only use Rank 1 FoL to really get the power of the spec
    FoL Rank 1 was awesome in Vanilla :>

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    FoL Rank 1 was awesome in Vanilla :>
    Rank 2 or 3 of Consecration was balls for Ret DPS in TBC :>

Quote Originally Posted by koss
    OR you can be pro and sit on the fence, and use HL, FoL, and shock accordingly to healing demands
    this. heal according to damage being dealt, dont just spam heals if theyre not needed. if the tank is taking like 4k a hit, flash of light will do you probably fine, if hes taking bigtime damage, use a hl, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk00
    this. heal according to damage being dealt, dont just spam heals if theyre not needed. if the tank is taking like 4k a hit, flash of light will do you probably fine, if hes taking bigtime damage, use a hl, etc.
    This isn't entirely great advice. It depends on the encounter solely, and timed burst. Dont just "see big damage, start using HL" by that time your tank may be already dead.

Use HL to overheal when there are times with high tank damage, (Frozen blows, impale 3, etc) and feel free to flash otherwise. Its better to be pro-active about your healing than re-active, since you have so much mana anyway.