Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

PvP Change to JoTW

Judgements of the Wise Rank 3:
    -Your damaging Judgement of Light and Judgment of Wisdom spells have a 100% chance to grant the Replenishment effect to up to 10 party or raid members mana regeneration equal to 1% of their maximum mana per 5 sec for 15 sec, as well as immediately grant you 25% of your base mana, and your Judgment of Justice spell has a 100% chance to bring your character into melee range of your target when cast.

This would give Paladins more flexibility in staying in melee range without a snare. It would function as a mini-ghoul leap; no stun or daze effect attached.

The ability could not be used on every Judgment cast in PvP for risk of the Paladin running oom, and with Judgment's 15 yard range, is more of a way to stay in range than to bring one's self in range. The talent also helps to alleviate Retribution's limited target switching capabilities for Arena situations.

Just something I thought of to add a bit of extra flavor to playing Ret with a new unique mechanic.

[EDIT]: to include post on page 8

Another idea to allow for better target swapping without linking the effect to a core ability is to add a glyph to make Righteous Defense function as an intervene-esque spell.

Glyph of Defense

- Your Righteous Defense spell now has a range of 8 - 25 yards and causes you to run at high speed towards the targeted party member, and then charge into melee range of the enemy target nearest to him within 15 yards. Increases the cooldown of Righteous Defense by 22 seconds.

Would be an interesting mechanic that weakens the PvE taunt effect in exchange for an intervene > mini charge for PvP.
    (Parentheticals)

15+ Year Old Account

Re: PvP Change to JoTW

Quote Originally Posted by [Einer
    ]
    Judgements of the Wise Rank 3:
    -Your damaging Judgement of Light and Judgment of Wisdom spells have a 100% chance to grant the Replenishment effect to up to 10 party or raid members mana regeneration equal to 1% of their maximum mana per 5 sec for 15 sec, as well as immediately grant you 25% of your base mana, and your Judgment of Justice spell has a 100% chance to bring your character into melee range when cast.

This would give Paladins more flexibility in staying in melee range without a snare. It would function as a mini-ghoul leap; no stun or daze effect attached.

The ability could not be used on every Judgment cast in PvP for risk of the Paladin running oom, and with Judgment's 15 yard range, is more of a way to stay in range than to bring one's self in range. The talent also helps to alleviate Retribution's limited target switching capabilities for Arena situations.

Just something I thought of to add a bit of extra flavor to playing Ret with a new unique mechanic.
    How would the paladin go OOM from this?

Also, a "heroic leap" on a core spammed mechanic is not good.

ONE: No.

TWO: If you get that close to someone, it is probably not a caster who would keep out of that range, but a Warrior or someone who wants to keep close.

THREE: I find it weird that one talent would give you a mana recharge and a heroic laep... Soemthing like this would need to be a talent itself >_>...

FOUR: No.

Five: You really do not need it. It is a bad mechanic anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    How would the paladin go OOM from this?

Also, a "heroic leap" on a core spammed mechanic is not good.
    Well, the leap only occurs on JoJ, and the mana effects only occur on JoL and JoW.

In other words; if you want to use the Judgment with PvP effects for staying in range you sacrifice replenishment and 25% base mana for 7 seconds.

Also, this mechanic is to Heroic Leap as Blizzard is to Starfall.
    (Parentheticals)

Deleted

haha i'am imaging in alterac valley all those paladins doing a dkpet leap towards their target, would look so funny ;d

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    you want to have JoJ on durid the whole time, so nay, a bad idea to tie somin useful to already core ability.
    This.

you want to have JoJ on durid the whole time
    Well, the change is sort of anticipating Cataclysm more than live - when Druids will supposedly have a magic dispel anyway.
    (Parentheticals)

]
    Well, the change is sort of anticipating Cataclysm more than live - when Druids will supposedly have a magic dispel anyway.
    I believe they will probably make judgments a different type of debuff or have a new mechanic in order to stop the cleansing of it all the time.
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    I believe they will probably make judgments a different type of debuff or have a new mechanic in order to stop the cleansing of it all the time.
    I doubt it. It certainly won't go to physical and be undispellable, and what else would it be?

More likely, it will be left alone because a Druid or Shaman would have to shift to dispel it, and it would be protected by Stoicism and other Paladin magic debuffs.

So it would be removable, but it would not be in such a way that does not require a sacrifice of time, mana, and GCDs.
    (Parentheticals)

15+ Year Old Account

]
    Just make HoR daze for 2 seconds.

Just make HoR daze for 2 seconds.
    Doesn't allow for target swapping, and there would be no trade off made for the snare.

Plus, that would be in effect the same as having the utility on a core ability, because Paladins would just Macro it to an ability with a similar cooldown (like Judgment), one that would ideally be usable out of melee range (like Judgment).
    (Parentheticals)

]
    Doesn\'t allow for target swapping, and there would be no trade off made for the snare.

Plus, that would be in effect the same as having the utility on a core ability, because Paladins would just Macro it to an ability with a similar cooldown (like Judgment), one that would ideally be usable out of melee range (like Judgment).
    Taunt is not a core ability, and it would not hurt PVE Tanks.

Or am I thinking of the wrong ability?

I think you just didn't read the post.

It's off the GCD so I'm suggesting it would be macro'd to another ability.
    (Parentheticals)

]
    I think you just didn\'t read the post.

It\'s off the GCD so I\'m suggesting it would be macro\'d to another ability.
    So? A daze on CD is not going to make or break a fight. Casters can satill tele for the most part and such o_O...

Sides, there are plenty of stuns and such off the GCD IIRC.

15+ Year Old Account

No you are right. HoR is not an ability used in PvP, so that is your ability to add an interrupt/snare to- Although I would want an interrupt that is not a taunt as well.

just like mages macro CS to Frost Nova?)
    Interrupts are much more situational than, and have a much longer cooldown than (in the case of Counterspell) snares.
    (Parentheticals)

No you are right. HoR is not an ability used in PvP, so that is your ability to add an interrupt/snare to- Although I would want an interrupt that is not a taunt as well.
    And when it did have an effect in PvP it was macro'd to everything.
    (Parentheticals)

15+ Year Old Account

]
    And when it did have an effect in PvP it was macro'd to everything.
    Which is different from Tank DKs in PvP from macroing Rune Strike how?

HoR would still cost mana. Who cares if it is spammable when Rogues/Druids have an auto-snare ability?

Which is different from Tank DKs in PvP from macroing Rune Strike how?
    I think it would be pretty obvious: HoR is an instant effect, Rune Strike is on next melee, so it is not necessarily instant, and if it is timed so that it is, it's damage that was going to happen from the auto-attack anyway.
    (Parentheticals)

just when HoR actually did damage to players.

allow me to introduce a macro for you

/cast hor
    /cast exorcism
    /use hand-mounted pyro rocket

Haha yea, I use HoR / Exo macro for pulls when I'm questing. Pseudo 'Holy Arcane Missles' spell FTW.

(Parentheticals)