Juggling Hit-cap

You know how even though hunters have, by all means, a low hit-cap I hate having to juggle my hitrating to keep at 7%.

Its hard to base upgrades 1:1 due to those limitations.

Right now im perfectly capped, well actually im .67 over cap, but I havent gemmed and enchanted a single piece of gear for hitrating; which is how i like it, because gemming/enchanting for hit is a crutch.

But in order to upgrade my T85 chest/helm combo, which due to its setbonus and non-haste stats can still almost keep up with 245 set and/or non-set pieces; but i could go for the new T2 245 head and the T95 chest (which luckily doesnt have haste) but changing 1 would ruin the setbonus and making the remaining piece that much worse.

Same goes for my stat-stick, I have acess to the Archon Glaive, but in order to get it I need the hit-rating on it from somewhere else, ideally from ToGC10 the good Planestalker Signet; but even then I'd still need more hitrating to keep capped.

So basicly in order to upgrade my 'old' pieces I'd need 2 at the same time, which with the luck of the draw isnt very likely to happen any time soon.
    I could ofcourse regem my gear away from the Agi inserted into it, but then the upgrade would loose its full effect and be a minor upgrade or even a sidegrade.

Anyone else having this problem or am i putting too much stock into the spreadsheet telling me the truth?

Re: Juggling Hit-cap

This is what Focused Aim exists for. Should an equipment change + talent change be a net DPS gain, then execute it.

The pushback protection on Steady is just gravy.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Mark of Supremacy can help fill in a significant hit rating hole if one becomes a reality from other loot drops that you know you want for future builds.

No armory link, based on your post, I'm guessing you're using Twisted Visage still? Yah, at first, that hit rating can be hard to give up.

There is a massive amount of hit rating available to us, with the only slots without atleast one 245 hit item being cloak/2h weapon/1 trinket/legs/gloves. Everything else has hit available, and this is without ToGC25 (it does include ToGC10 however).

Any hit issues a hunter has should be temporary at best.

Oh yeah, sorry about that:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...er&n=Baelzibub

Twisted Visage [X] Check

Yeah i was thinking about going for:

245 Dragonstalker head.
    245 T9 Chest
    245 T9 Gloves
    245 Reckoning and/or Archon Glaive
    245 Devourer Epaulets
    232 Planestalker Ring
    245 Planestalker Ring
    245 Belt of Deathly Dominion

Those stuffed with Delicate Cardinal Rubies and Deadly Ametrines puts me at 100,1% Hit.
    And at 8675dps according to Cheeky's.
    Anyone else found a stronger combo?

Oh and:
    245 Deaths Verdict (like that will ever drop /HAHAHAHAHHA)

The whole mark thing is a good idea, im swimming in emblems and not really in need of more money so im not doing the crusader orb thing.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Baelzibub
    Yeah i was thinking about going for:

245 Dragonstalker head.
    245 T9 Chest
    245 T9 Gloves
    245 Reckoning and/or Archon Glaive
    245 Devourer Epaulets
    232 Planestalker Ring
    245 Planestalker Ring
    245 Belt of Deathly Dominion
    Dont use gloves... they are the absolute worst piece of the tier set. Try get Sunreaver Assassin's Gloves (no idea what the ally gloves are called) from Col 10 HC faction champs.
    Go for chest + shoulders if you need hit.
    or chest + head/leggs if your good on hit

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy
    Dont use gloves... they are the absolute worst piece of the tier set. Try get Sunreaver Assassin's Gloves (no idea what the ally gloves are called) from Col 10 HC faction champs.
    Go for chest + shoulders if you need hit.
    or chest + head/leggs if your good on hit
    Good Call, so Head/Chest and Sunreavers gloves. That shouldnt be a problem.

When in doubt, get the 245 emblem trinket. Depending on your focus aim, it alone covers almost all your hit issues. Until you can set yourself up elsewhere.
    No, real men set standards and are territorial. Real men don't accept others that stray from the norm. Real men bully those that appear to be weak and inferior. Real men crave structure, hierarchies and rules. Your definition is just a way to neuter the male gender and only losers are deceived by it
    What I learned in a Nintendo thread

I'm just glad im not the only one that has trouble juggling hit..

I was using armbands of the northern stalker from 10 toc but i had just gotten the bracers of untold massacre from 25 man and couldnt switch them out due to that it would put me 40 under hit cap, so i ended up replacing my t 8.5 gloves with the 245 tier gloves giving up another 30 or so hit and just threw my pyrite infuser back on (in place of FotFF) putting me back above hit cap and giving me another 3% crit from switching out my bracers and gloves..
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

Gemming or enchanting for hit is hardly a crutch. It's just a way to add hit in 10 or 20 point increments to get where you need to be. At least with a hit gem/enchant you can swap in another gem/enchant should you pick up hit on another item, if it's a stat allocation you're out of luck...

The real gripe with hit, as far as I'm concerned, is that it's scaling up with the other stats on Hunter gear in Wrath even though our hit requirement is still quite low. That might be good for another class with higher hit requirements, but personally I'm overhit and in need of drops to amend this. Chances are when I replace an item with hit I don't need, I'll have to gem 10 hit to get back to the cap and I'll gladly do it.

I take more issue with hit doled out in 86, 97, 100+ point chunks when I need 263 than I do with being able to only add 10 or 20 when I only need a bit.
    [url=http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kirin+Tor&n=Calyxto]

Quote Originally Posted by Baelzibub
    Right now im perfectly capped, well actually im .67 over cap, but I havent gemmed and enchanted a single piece of gear for hitrating; which is how i like it, because gemming/enchanting for hit is a crutch.
    Except hit gives the most bang for your buck in gems but I guess if by "crutch" you mean "properly geared" then you would be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurikar
    Except hit gives the most bang for your buck in gems but I guess if by "crutch" you mean "properly geared" then you would be right.
    Except gemming/enchanting for hit really is a bit of a last resort, since it will be replacing Agility. Hit from items doesn't come out of the pool for agility (you'll be losing Crit/haste/ArP, which are less desirable than agility). Consequently, hit from Focused Aim is generally worth even more for a Marks hunter, since the talent you'd be taking points out of (generally Imp. Steady) is pretty crappy in its own right.