Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: How to increase dps?

You're missing the point.

Death Strike is melee.

Deleted

let me help out ehre they are saying that since death strike is mele and IT is ranged you can use IT while still moving towards the boss instead of waiting for mele range to DS sorry for pointing out the obvious but it seems some have trouble grasping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saram
    You're missing the point.

Death Strike is melee.
    Yes I realize that DS is melee what you don't realize is that starting with it.ps means you don't have your diseases up for the entirety of your rotation. So you can skip like 1-2 seconds of dps time by waiting to use a DS or you can drop your ds when your last couple of heart strikes dont get damage buffs from diseases. That is the point I am trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiboyslol
    Yes I realize that DS is melee what you don't realize is that starting with it.ps means you don't have your diseases up for the entirety of your rotation. So you can skip like 1-2 seconds of dps time by waiting to use a DS or you can drop your ds when your last couple of heart strikes dont get damage buffs from diseases. That is the point I am trying to make.
    With 1/2 epidemic diseases will last long enough for you to get all of your heart strikes off, even if you open with icy touch and plague strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullmaster
    and pretty much gem for Strength instead of AP, for Death Knights I believe Strength scales into 1.5 AP (I THINK!!!) for every 1 point of Strength.
    DKs get 2 points of AP per point of Strength. In addition, if you use the right talents (Veteran of the Third War and Abomination's Might in Blood; Ravenous Dead in Unholy) you can get a total Strength bonus of 11%, which means you get 2.22 AP per Str point on your gear. Blessing of Kings on top of that will give you an additional 10%, which I think puts you at 2.442 AP/geared Str (assuming the +11% from talents and the +10% from Kings work multiplicatively instead of additively).

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hiboyslol
    If that's your reason for opening with DS, there's certainly something wrong.

I thought you opened with DS to raidbuff 10% AP ASAP (which is generally a good idea depending on raid comp, my point was casting IT wouldn't delay that as it's ranged) however if 18s isn't long enough to use all your abilities, your rotation is wrong or you're lagging badly. 18s used to be the maximum duration for diseases anyway, and blood could easily fit all abilities into that window back then too.

That's the second reason opening with DS is more benefitial than opening with IT

Deleted

You're trying to sound like you thought of it before now.

Lets not admit to being wrong though and again overlook the fact that IT is ranged and doesn't delay your first DS on 99% of encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Saram
    You're trying to sound like you thought of it before now.
    Well I played blood through all of 3.1 so I've known that for quite some time

Quote Originally Posted by CeberusTheDK

- move that point from vampiric blood, and put it in improved blood presence imo, Other than that your spec is solid.

-Lose [Glyph of Plague Strike], get [Glyph of Dark Death] to power up your death coils. It'll mean more DPS.

Vampiric blood is better for tough situations.

How to increase dps?
    Take these pills twice a day for 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    Vampiric blood is better for tough situations.
    As dps, having VB-specced is just a huge nono, NONONONONNONONO..
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

almost everything is better.

Quote Originally Posted by catstyle
    As dps, having VB-specced is just a huge nono, NONONONONNONONO..
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

almost everything is better.
    Vampiric blood is an amazing survivabily cooldown, run some hard content and learn to appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Vampiric blood is an amazing survivabily cooldown, run some hard content and learn to appreciate it.
    I cant just do it, sorry, suiciding a ghoul for some health, or a pot.
    It might ease yah out from time to time, but imo its not worth it if you dont struggle ALOT with staying alive.

It might ease yah out from time to time, but imo its not worth it if you dont struggle ALOT with staying alive.
    The fact of the matter is you're going to have to spend points on non-DPS increasing talents if you want to get deep into blood, and and VB is one of the most useful "oh shit" abilities available to a blood DK. It's only one point, and it's going to come in handy a hell of a lot more than shit like Vendetta or Scent of Blood or Blade Barrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Deleted

If of all your DPS, the DKs are the ones struggling with survibility, there's something up.

You would have a point if anyone had to sacrifice a dps talent for vampiric blood. You don't though, the alternatives are improved blood presence, blade barrier, spell deflection, will of the necropolis, mark of blood or scent of blood.

Using death pact or a health potion is a rather big dps loss, would you really rather take a dps loss for survivability when you can do it for nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Let me just go ahead and point the obvious

4.)Get out of blood spec your making my spec look bad.
    frost>blood, true story

Id take mark of blood honestly to ease out some nasty phases or whatever, seeing it gives more.
    If not, imp blood presence actually attracts me more, seeing hard numbers and whatever what benefits the most is rather hard since it depends on the fight, the raid, etc etc.

Yah, its a good oh-shit button, but it dont shine in my eyes at all.