Need help - Prot PVP

Hey guys, Ive recently started doing 2v2 arena as prot with a resto druid. We have done just a few matches to try this week. We ended up with 7 wins and 4 losses, and 3 of those was against rogue+healer teams.

We got rogue/priest twice: rogue sits on the druid, interrupt his ciclones, put MS on and priest dispel his hots like crazy, and hes dies before I can actualy do anthing to help. Becose im saped in the start, then im blinded, then feared (yes, im saving my trinket for blind, but then I got a full fear, and the priest dps my druid to help the rogue get the kill). I do stun the rogue and silence the priest, also used Hand of sacrifice/divine sacrifice, also use HoP. But is too much pressure on the druid and the rogue use hes CDs to escape, reset and kill.

And we a rogue/shammy: Im saped, rogue finds the druid start dps shammy helps with OP burst: im blinded after and my druid is dead.

Theres anything I can do to help my druid against this kind of teams? becose Ive already used hand of sacrifice and didnt broke the the sap.
    Should I focus on the rogue to force his healer to heal, or should I focus on the healer?

The other teams we faced was pretty ok. We beated rogue/mage, ret/hunter, feral/DK, DK/druid, mage/ret, war/pally, druid/hunter;

If wanna see my gear, look for my name on armory, im the only one there.

Re: Need help - Prot PVP

Use hand of reckoning, gets you combat so you're unable to be sapped.

Trinket cyclones and use DSac for blind.

Peel the rogue, toss your druid a freedom and judge justice on the rogue and stun//Seal of justice swap if needed to help the druid get away. Though travel form and freedom should be plenty.

Basically, don't get sapped, and if you do, your partner has to be smart enough to get away from the rouge. But hand of reckoning is jesus godly and you should never get sapped at the start.

As for rogue//shammy, same thing. DONT get sapped. Trinket the hex, DSac//Hand of sac before the blind and peel. Once the rogue is out of cooldowns hes much less of a threat, and an easy kill target.

dont bother playing 2s as prot paladin - you might get to 1.7-1.8 but unless you have a godly partner who can survive and do shitloads of damage at the same time just change to 3s

unholy dk, prot pally, dc priest = win, feel free to switch the dk with a warrior(arms)

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05
    dont bother playing 2s as prot paladin - you might get to 1.7-1.8 but unless you have a godly partner who can survive and do shitloads of damage at the same time just change to 3s

unholy dk, prot pally, dc priest = win, feel free to switch the dk with a warrior(arms)
    Or rogue.

teach your druid to juke, freedom + travel form will generally buy an escape.

the rogue will never go for you unless the druid escapes, which is faily easy for him/her to do once sprints are burned, once that happens, the rogue can't do any significant damage to you, and you can gib something well before they manage to switch on your druid hard enough and long enough for a kill.

I do know that Hand of reckoning puts me in combat, thats what I try to do, but the other guys are not stupid, they stay in Los so I cant use hand of reck. I end up saped anyway.

I do use freedom on the druid, but remember the priest/shammy is spaming dispels on the druid, he can with luck get like 3 sec with freedom only.

I think im doing right, at least I try to do all the advices I got here.
    Thx for the advices.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki.gdm
    I do know that Hand of reckoning puts me in combat, thats what I try to do, but the other guys are not stupid, they stay in Los so I cant use hand of reck. I end up saped anyway.

I do use freedom on the druid, but remember the priest/shammy is spaming dispels on the druid, he can with luck get like 3 sec with freedom only.

I think im doing right, at least I try to do all the advices I got here.
    Thx for the advices.
    Ring of Valor is impossible to be sapped on as a pally. Lordaeron its pretty easy to get a taunt off with quick LoS juking, or just jumping over the middle. Its nagrand and BEM that you only have to worry about.

On nagrand, I like to stay at seperate pillars from my 2v2 partner. If one of us is sapped, the other knows and knows to avoid the rogue, alternately if opened on, the unsapped is still able to run over quickly. Also, if you see the rogue's teammate rushing in, expect it soon, juke around a pillar and taunt.

BEM is the most annoying for getting into combat, but 70% of rogues will be coming up your ramp towards you, so if you stay towards the ramp near where you start, and then charge out along the ground and up their ramp, its easy to get combat (Expect the rogue to open on your druid), especially if you let your druid know and he charges through mid with you.

If they're being smart about it, keep you and your partner spread, if he saps one he won't get to the other in time (or at least until sap wears off).

Ideally your druid should be near a source of LoS, so when you toss freedom, tell him so in vent at the same time so he can juke the dispells with LoS while running away.

This might be off topic, but wth is juking?

Juking is pretending to go one way, the quickly dashing back and going the other way. You see this in American football when a player with the ball "jukes" a defender in an attempt to get around him.

Juking is also what they call it when you fake-cast, or pretend to be trying to get a cast off then cancel it in anticipation of a kick, silence, or similar effect, in order to avoid the spell locking caused by it.

It's something that takes lots of practice, and lag can make a big difference in your ability to do it successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu
    Ring of Valor is impossible to be sapped on as a pally. Lordaeron its pretty easy to get a taunt off with quick LoS juking, or just jumping over the middle. Its nagrand and BEM that you only have to worry about.

On nagrand, I like to stay at seperate pillars from my 2v2 partner. If one of us is sapped, the other knows and knows to avoid the rogue, alternately if opened on, the unsapped is still able to run over quickly. Also, if you see the rogue's teammate rushing in, expect it soon, juke around a pillar and taunt.

BEM is the most annoying for getting into combat, but 70% of rogues will be coming up your ramp towards you, so if you stay towards the ramp near where you start, and then charge out along the ground and up their ramp, its easy to get combat (Expect the rogue to open on your druid), especially if you let your druid know and he charges through mid with you.

If they're being smart about it, keep you and your partner spread, if he saps one he won't get to the other in time (or at least until sap wears off).

Ideally your druid should be near a source of LoS, so when you toss freedom, tell him so in vent at the same time so he can juke the dispells with LoS while running away.
    Ring of valor, your right its not hard to get in combat fast. In ruins of Lordearon the other guy just stays in the starting place, while the rogue go after me to get a sap.
    But the idea to stay away from my druid, so he takes some time, before getting on him to dps is very valid, I will start doing that.

You say you get sapped then the rogue "finds" your druid?

I think the problem here is your druid is staying in cat form prowl.

Against any rogue team, your druid should switch too tree form and put up hots strait away... rogues find cats b4 cats find rogues.