Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Cataclysm Shadow Tree

Edit : Well my tree isn't apropriate for Cataclysm so...

Here I made another one we could actually be satisfied with.

http://www.war-tools.com/t66583.html?b=9ze

Mind Rot is now trainale at lvl 20.
    Mind Blast is 8.5 CD baseline.
    The talent Focused Mind is Baseline and also affect Mind Rot.
    It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Cataclysm Shadow Tree

Sorry to shatter your dreams, but I think you misunderstood "how" they are gonna redesign talents.

They want talents to be "fun" instead of: I go that tree for that attack.
    No hidden talents: They are gonna give stats for certain points invested in that tree, that also apply to that specc.

They are kinda removing most tree specific spells...
    Tree's will be more fun to balance stuff out. No more: This Specc is so much better for dps than that one, it will only adjust your playstyle.
    Dawwwwwww

I think your avatar sums this thread up better bahamut.

actualy pretty good compared to most of the talent trees make up, no i win talents. its not good to get the spell at t2 that requires shadowform tho when you dont have shadowform. other than that seems pretty plausible.

edit: ya the hidden talent thing is wrong i was just talking about the actual tree
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I'm never wrong, and when I am I make sure that there isn't anyone left to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Echariya
    ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Hehe :P
    But still: He/she used wartools, even though there is not a single clue yet on how Blizzard is gonna redesign the talent trees. I like his talent tree design and stuff, and it would prolly help shadow priest end-game dps a lot, but this is just not how Blizzard wants to design it. At least, they said they didnt want to design it like this...... then again.,.... it is Blizz who we are talking about
    Dawwwwwww

Erf I misunderstood...

But euh even so... I don't think there are funny talents in our actual tree...will we have an empty one ? lol

i play sp but even i gotta admit : NERF!!! that spec is really op

How can you say it's OP if you haven't even try it.

And I made this spec thinking that other classes might be powered up as well.

Just tell me what is OP ? I spent 2 days on it looking carefully if it was OP or not, i went to a conclusion that no.

10+ Year Old Account

^
    Thanks for that valueable statement.

Anyway, despite the fact that they are indeed not gonna rework the talent trees like the OP did I would say they are going to HAVE to add new talents inplace of the old ones? As far as I know they are gonna remove talents which increase raw damage, critical strike bonus (e.g. Ruin; warlock talent), etc. So there obviously has to come something in place otherwise we won't have enough talent points to spent.

Now to the talent tree the OP has made.
    Great talent tree imo. Definitely better than any other made up talent tree I've seen. Barely any retardly overpowered talents and not underpowered either, pretty much balanced actually. If you take in mind that some numbers have gotta be tweaked I don't see a reason why this talent tree wouldn't be able to go live. It pretty much solves all the problems a shadow priest has.

One negative thing though. Talents like Shadow Guard and Shadow Escape, they are way too RNG based I would say. Blizzard generally is moving away from things like this. Sure RNG is a part of the game but they would have to balance the class around things like this, which is fine in PvE but PvP... Here is gonna be the problem that you could get the proc of Shadow Guard proc (PW:S > morphs into Shadow Guard) four times in a row and your opponent is pretty screwed. Or you wouldn't get it all in a fight.

Hope you understood some of my points.

Good job overall though!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shad47
    Erf I misunderstood...

But euh even so... I don't think there are funny talents in our actual tree...will we have an empty one ? lol
    How about talents to design your own Shadowform?

Would that make it more fun for Shadow Priests?

Also: I personally think blizz will redesign talents to somewhat give extra attributes, as well as effects....
    Mind flay can now occasionally stun or something simulair....
    Dawwwwwww

Fine then, a serious comment.

15% chance to trigger no GCD for the next 4 casts of Mind Rot.
    Those 4 casts have a 15% chance each to make the next mind blast instant and the next 4 mind rots no GCD.
    The instant mind blast has again a chance to make the 4 Mind Rots cost no GCD and reduce the channel time for Mind Flay.
    Mind Flay has a chance on each tick for the first to happen and on a crit tick, even more.

Assuming you do the normal opening...And come across the Mind Limit Break...4 casts in the time you can spam the button with a load of proc chance. Seeing as Mind Rot is rank 1 and it will scale.

Also, if you want my opinion, bring Blackout back to Shadow. That was a fun and random talent that made people afraid or laugh randomly. For all I care, Blackout on specific spells. Useful? Don't know. Fun? For sure.

TL;DR: Nani?

Yeah sorry the tooltips are not really finished, i wanted to add internal cooldowns.
    And making Mind Limit Break trigger only on some spells.

==> Hotfix lol

If you are going for a cycle, I am all for it. But Mind Limit Break in it's current thought out form makes the need to cycle rather obsolete. That said, I do like Whet Mind very much.

Blizzard mentality lately has been "less spells, more damage". Look at what happened to Affliction, it went from DDR (not the bad kind, mind you) to basic rotations. This would save shadow from a similar fate.

I suppose Blizzard opens up a completely new dimension for us by showing us their version of "fun" talents.

Fun...that's a strange word coming from Bli²....

I think you misunderstood me there. Mind Limit Break is the one that is causing the nukes every 3-4 seconds. Whet Mind is fine as it is (or at least, more fun) as it forces you to cycle your abilities more.

Hmm yeah you may be right... then I'll change the talent. Just chek out the new version.

Voila c'est fait ! It's done.

A more revenge kind of thing in pvp? Could be what is needed. I don't think the hefty cooldown on Whet Mind is needed though, but that's more personal I suppose.

Though, everything added up, you end up with quite a lot of pvp talents. Quite a different turn to what the current shadow tree is and some added fun talents. Quite nice indeed.

A more revenge kind of thing in pvp? Could be what is needed. I don't think the hefty cooldown on Whet Mind is needed though, but that's more personal I suppose.
    Not only pvp, remember we have a specific rotation.

We can be stunned, incapacited and silenced also in pve which means a loss of Dps and the end of the linear rotation while CC.
    So Mind Limit Break is a way to recup the dps loss. No GCD means quick dps.

I'm proud of my remake ^^

We don't really lack dps in pve, with the new haste scaling and all, so the internal CD is a good way to prevent too much dps.

Though, everything added up, you end up with quite a lot of pvp talents. Quite a different turn to what the current shadow tree is and some added fun talents. Quite nice indeed.
    Well that was my goal ^^

I also wanted to place SW in our rotation with Shadow Sentence. Sad no one looked at that.

That entire thing is kinda dumb, partly because it demonstrates a very weak understanding of Blizzard's design philosophies, but also because it's both horrendously complicated and laughably overpowered.