Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Video Tactic] Twin Val'Kyrs 25 Heroic - Door strategy with voice over

Hello MMO Champion forums again.

On wednesday my guild killed the Twin Val'Kyrs heroic using the door strategy,
    We took this tactic from a kill video i found and i have expanded on this and given
    a voice over for the encounter.

NOTE: This is my first time doing a voice over

I hope that this video can help you out using this tactic,
    it is viable at the moment with the current patch before anyone says otherwise
    This kill was frapsed last night (wednesday 30th September)

If it seems helpful please do post on your guild forum etc.

Good luck and thanks for watching!

Links:

High Definition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZkQUd-jCBA&fmt=22
    Normal Definition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZkQUd-jCBA

If you enjoyed my video please click the button to subscribe to my channel.

Deleted

Re: [Video Tactic] Twin Val'Kyrs 25 Heroic - Door strategy with voice over

Watched it, liked it, waiting for the next.

Very nice. Good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas
    Why do ppl thing that dodge isnt good in ICC? i mean if u have alot 25 bananas and 25 oranges and someone steals u 20 bananas, what will u do, buy back some bananas or buy more oranges?

Very nice guide.

NOTE: This is my first time doing a voice over
    You have done a perfect voice over, thanks for uploading the video. ;D

Cool strat. How do you deal with touch of light?

Deleted

Divine Sacrifice
    +
    Fire res aura and aura mastery
    +
    Divine Hymn
    +
    Healthstones + Healthpots if nessecary. (although if you can save these for a possible 2nd vortex it would be ideal)

Basically everything we got, its easy to survive the first one but if they decide to give a 2nd one (which is entirely random once the first 4 abilities have been used)
    It will be tricky, as you see in the end of the video about 25% of the raid is killed by the 2nd Vortex which we were quite unlucky to get.

We had a few soulstones and ankhs up our sleeves and finished them off

Nice one, grats.

i use taktic thx

Wait,
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandamonium*
    Fire res aura
    The Light Vortex is fire-based?
    Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.

^ Yes

Also, good job on the movie, even though we use a different tactic.
    You can also suggest using resistance flasks (+50 to all) instead of stoneblood to your ball catchers. We found this to be more effective in case they need to catch a (for example) dark ball while having the light essence because it is right next to a white one.

25 player:
    2 tanks, 6 healer and 17 dps. If 4-5 people are white, the rest of the dps need 10'000 personal dps during "hard" shield O.o

Grats to this

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Aralcarim
    25 player:
    2 tanks, 6 healer and 17 dps. If 4-5 people are white, the rest of the dps need 10'000 personal dps during "hard" shield O.o

Grats to this
    is that the actual requirement ?

if so then wow :P but popping heroism and all cooldowns should ya know. do a bunch of damage
    10k per person tho hah

Nice video as usual Panda.

To be honest, to me this strat is akin to making the fire's evade on Archi. I dislike it, and it's one of the reasons the heal got buffed in that recent hotfix. With that said, some of the officers in my guild disagree with me and we did it this week. You only need 2 people soaking white balls, and they just have to switch colors when the vortex happens. They still need heals, but not very heavy ones. Also, you want to stack as close to the tanks as possible to get as many people splashed with powerups as you can. If the heal on the off mob is first, ignore it, because the 20% or so it will heal is nothing. Otherwise, we found that switching targets about 3 seconds before a special, and popping hero as soon as the shield came up was the only way to even come remotely close to popping the shield. This strat is VERY luck based, and not dependable due to the fact that if you get a second shield on the off mob, you can't break it, and they will enrage.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by fizyx
    To be honest, to me this strat is akin to making the fire's evade on Archi. I dislike it, and it's one of the reasons the heal got buffed in that recent hotfix. With that said, some of the officers in my guild disagree with me and we did it this week. You only need 2 people soaking white balls, and they just have to switch colors when the vortex happens. They still need heals, but not very heavy ones. Also, you want to stack as close to the tanks as possible to get as many people splashed with powerups as you can. If the heal on the off mob is first, ignore it, because the 20% or so it will heal is nothing. Otherwise, we found that switching targets about 3 seconds before a special, and popping hero as soon as the shield came up was the only way to even come remotely close to popping the shield. This strat is VERY luck based, and not dependable due to the fact that if you get a second shield on the off mob, you can't break it, and they will enrage.

Hmm i would say it is more similar to standing on the ledge at the Eredar Twins in SWP.
    Which was a viable tactic alot of guilds used!

yes as stated the tactic is luck based. But you dont have to be that lucky

You will have 5-6 special abilities cast in the time period of the battle, the first set of 4 you can deal with easily, it will only do 1 of the 4 abilities for the first 4.
    By the last 1-2 abilities in the first set of 4 spells its easy to predict what will be coming.

The luck comes with the 5th and the 6th specials. Depending on how good your dps is, the only thing that is going to screw you is the 2nd dark twins pact, a 2nd light vortex is unfortunate but not the end of the world.

If we hadnt used the gateway we could have done this exact same strategy up against one of the walls would just need a bit more group + essence tailoring.

Cant say i ever did the fire evade trick on archi, was that where you humped the stump? i remember seeing a video about that and laughing, but never trying it with our raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamonium*

Hmm i would say it is more similar to standing on the ledge at the Eredar Twins in SWP.
    Which was a viable tactic alot of guilds used!

yes as stated the tactic is luck based. But you dont have to be that lucky

You will have 5-6 special abilities cast in the time period of the battle, the first set of 4 you can deal with easily, it will only do 1 of the 4 abilities for the first 4.
    By the last 1-2 abilities in the first set of 4 spells its easy to predict what will be coming.

The luck comes with the 5th and the 6th specials. Depending on how good your dps is, the only thing that is going to screw you is the 2nd dark twins pact, a 2nd light vortex is unfortunate but not the end of the world.

If we hadnt used the gateway we could have done this exact same strategy up against one of the walls would just need a bit more group + essence tailoring.

Cant say i ever did the fire evade trick on archi, was that where you humped the stump? i remember seeing a video about that and laughing, but never trying it with our raid.
    The reason the strat works is because ONLY black balls spawn at/around the gate. I don't believe that happens anywhere else around the arena, though I could be wrong. It's also one of the reasons I feel that it's not a valid strat. I don't know though, I guess it could be intended. Anyways, for us at least it's EXTREMELY luck based. I don't know if we were doing something wrong (too many healers or not popping CDs or something) but it was almost impossible for us to pop the black bubble. If we got it any time after the first special, we were pretty much screwed. Either way... the strat gets the job done, but its a cheese EXACTLY like stump humping was, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it gets fixed.

Did this strat tonight, worked like a charm! TY

15+ Year Old Account

Very nice video.

Since we have soaking problems we will try out this tactic in this reset!

Thank you =)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fizyx
    The reason the strat works is because ONLY black balls spawn at/around the gate. I don't believe that happens anywhere else around the arena, though I could be wrong. It's also one of the reasons I feel that it's not a valid strat. I don't know though, I guess it could be intended. Anyways, for us at least it's EXTREMELY luck based. I don't know if we were doing something wrong (too many healers or not popping CDs or something) but it was almost impossible for us to pop the black bubble. If we got it any time after the first special, we were pretty much screwed. Either way... the strat gets the job done, but its a cheese EXACTLY like stump humping was, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it gets fixed.
    Hello, I'm the 1 ball catcher in Panda's tactic video.

Regarding your claim that the black balls spawn in the door, they do.

Positioned all around the rim of the room are things known as 'Val'kyr Bullet Points'. Each is individually named to either a Dark Bullet Point or a Light Bullet Point. If you do /tar Val near a wall, you'll target them.

In the doorway, there is 1 Dark Bullet Point spawn point. This is why it's ideal to have everybody hug into the gate, so that the Dark orb hits everybody, and they are far enough away to avoid about 170 degrees from each adjacent White Bullet point spawn camp, leaving your ball catcher to pick these up hastily.

If you have 3-4 people who are White vortex (and DPSing the Dark mob) then these people will be taking damage throughout the entire fight, periodically, whenever the Dark Bullet Point you are all standing on expels a Dark Orb. This is due to the fact that the Dark Orb, when striking a player, causes AoE splash damage to surrounding whites and shares absorption.

If you weren't popping the Dark Heal Bubble, several things could be wrong. We weren't popping it until we had 3-4 people on the Dark mob as a White vortex. We also switched DPS to the Dark mob as soon as a special ability was ABOUT to be cast (so 3 seconds before it was cast, we switch, this aids in DPS and dots the mob up nicely).

Also, I think we had 7 healers? Not entirely sure. Keep in mind you need some *sick* DPS to burst the bubble, so it may be just that your DPSers are weak.

Hope that helps or explains a bit how the Orbs spawn and work.

Regarding it getting fixed, I'm unsure. I don't think it'll be fixed. I think the Bullet Points will no longer be dedicated to one colour, and will instead randomise the Bullets (orbs) which they dispense.

Apologies for this out of date signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Nilesy
    Hello, I'm the 1 ball catcher in Panda's tactic video.

Regarding your claim that the black balls spawn in the door, they do.

Positioned all around the rim of the room are things known as 'Val'kyr Bullet Points'. Each is individually named to either a Dark Bullet Point or a Light Bullet Point. If you do /tar Val near a wall, you'll target them.

In the doorway, there is 1 Dark Bullet Point spawn point. This is why it's ideal to have everybody hug into the gate, so that the Dark orb hits everybody, and they are far enough away to avoid about 170 degrees from each adjacent White Bullet point spawn camp, leaving your ball catcher to pick these up hastily.

If you have 3-4 people who are White vortex (and DPSing the Dark mob) then these people will be taking damage throughout the entire fight, periodically, whenever the Dark Bullet Point you are all standing on expels a Dark Orb. This is due to the fact that the Dark Orb, when striking a player, causes AoE splash damage to surrounding whites and shares absorption.

If you weren't popping the Dark Heal Bubble, several things could be wrong. We weren't popping it until we had 3-4 people on the Dark mob as a White vortex. We also switched DPS to the Dark mob as soon as a special ability was ABOUT to be cast (so 3 seconds before it was cast, we switch, this aids in DPS and dots the mob up nicely).

Also, I think we had 7 healers? Not entirely sure. Keep in mind you need some *sick* DPS to burst the bubble, so it may be just that your DPSers are weak.

Hope that helps or explains a bit how the Orbs spawn and work.

Regarding it getting fixed, I'm unsure. I don't think it'll be fixed. I think the Bullet Points will no longer be dedicated to one colour, and will instead randomise the Bullets (orbs) which they dispense.
    The thing is, that WOULD be a fix. Thank you for the description of how the balls spawn, but I'm still wondering, is there anywhere else around the room that you can get EXCLUSIVELY one color of ball? Also, the reason for having 4 people white makes sense if it's to pop the bubble, but if its just for intercepting white balls, then you only need like 2.