Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PvPing With a Mage.. My Mage... (Funnyish Story)

Alright, So I've been PvPing on my mage, and doing a pretty kickass job of it, too. Going around CSing icelancing frostbolting. I spend most of my time controlling people. But I do get the chance to throw off some frost bolts. Anyway.. I've been running around like so.. with 1660 SP in my pvp gear, my frost bolts crit for 2500.. I assume it means I just need more SP, because when my trinket procs, I crit for 4k. I was really happy with how things were going, and I was constantly beating other frost mages. Then.. Just now, about 2 minutes ago as I type this.. I was searching through my spells to make sure icelance and shit were max ranked... and this is what I found..

I had been using rank 11 Frostbolt. There is a rank 16 Frostbolt... I switched them up, cursing myself, and proceeded to hit level 80 dummies. My normal non crit does more than rank 11 crit.. and.. well.. I'm just going to assume my pvp life is finally going to see some more fun as it becomes much easier for me to kill people.. (The saddest part of this is I've topped damage in so many BG's using a rank 11 frost bolt...)
    http://www.youtube.com/ThinkingsHard Youtube for WoW PvP, Arenas, BG's, PvE, Starcraft II and possibly more!

Re: PvPing With a Mage.. My Mage... (Funnyish Story)

further prooving my theory of frostmages being to OP

Cool story broah
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho
    Cool story broah
    I tink I um cuul cause I cun say funnay tings!

More seriously... My 2v2 partner is going to be pissed with me....
    http://www.youtube.com/ThinkingsHard Youtube for WoW PvP, Arenas, BG's, PvE, Starcraft II and possibly more!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Imdownhere
    further prooving my theory of frostmages being to OP
    If anything, it proves only that most FotMages have no clue about their class

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    If anything, it proves only that most FotMages have no clue about their class
    there was a mage in my old guild, way back in naxx times, who wasn't using max rank spells and was confused as to why her DPS sucked. well, i told her she should use max rank spells, sadly her DPS was still bad...don't know what became of her.
    BfA Beta Time

Gonna say this as a troll.... "Don't belive it"

Because spells would normally autorank to the highest spell, unless you did something wrong. And if you own with those numbers, you arent fighting very skilled people.
    Happy troll since 2005

Hey.. I know how to play my class... I just.. apparently don't know how to max rank my spells after swpaping over to my dual spec and learning the max rank spells when I hit 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    there was a mage in my old guild, way back in naxx times, who wasn't using max rank spells and was confused as to why her DPS sucked. well, i told her she should use max rank spells, sadly her DPS was still bad...don't know what became of her.
    probably a dk now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

Quote Originally Posted by Zuthos
    I tink I um cuul cause I cun say funnay tings!

More seriously... My 2v2 partner is going to be pissed with me....
    You just need to approach this from the right angle. Simply tell him that you found an incredibly genius new way of dealing lots more dmg, than he will be happy instead of pissed. Win-win.

I did this with Blood Heart* strike on my dk, when I started raiding blood

had this happen on my mage with Arcane intellect and brilliance lol

Mages are OP.

Because spells would normally autorank to the highest spell, unless you did something wrong. And if you own with those numbers, you arent fighting very skilled people.
    He isn't trolling, since this is a known bug with dualspec. If you have a spell on your bar in your unactive spec when you learn a new rank, it doesn't get upgraded. This happened to my resto druid aswell, I facepalmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    I voted Waffles, because Waffles are awesome.

Freshly baked up in the morning with some fresh old fashioned butter and maple syrup, can't go wrong with that. Just think about it for a moment, imagine the waffles in your mouth, syrup dripping down your throat, and then downing it with a glass of O.J.

It is because of this that I believe Blizzard should rework Azeroth for Waffles.

Okay.. to clarify.. There is a difference between owning and... controlling them long enough for my partner to own them.. In Bg's.. Owning.. anyone can own.. You just find a nice spot no one can see you and SPAMSPAMSPAM

I feel bad for anyone who you killed while using 2.5k crit frostbolts. That's half of what I crit on 1000+ resilience targets.

Yea this is true, I crit for 4k [and one time I hit for over 20K! on my frostbolt /brag] (only lvl 65 68 at this post) so you should be getting owned unless your facing all fail ppl in your frost spec.
    (I feel sorry for whoever you beat with that dmg)
    Oh and Proof for my brag: Aleregis-Thrall (Hint: look in combat under Highest hit)

Quote Originally Posted by Murt
    He isn't trolling, since this is a known bug with dualspec. If you have a spell on your bar in your unactive spec when you learn a new rank, it doesn't get upgraded. This happened to my resto druid aswell, I facepalmed.
    ..... oh shi-
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuthos
    Alright, So I've been PvPing on my mage, and doing a pretty kickass job of it, too. Going around CSing icelancing frostbolting. I spend most of my time controlling people. But I do get the chance to throw off some frost bolts. Anyway.. I've been running around like so.. with 1660 SP in my pvp gear, my frost bolts crit for 2500.. I assume it means I just need more SP, because when my trinket procs, I crit for 4k. I was really happy with how things were going, and I was constantly beating other frost mages. Then.. Just now, about 2 minutes ago as I type this.. I was searching through my spells to make sure icelance and shit were max ranked... and this is what I found..

I had been using rank 11 Frostbolt. There is a rank 16 Frostbolt... I switched them up, cursing myself, and proceeded to hit level 80 dummies. My normal non crit does more than rank 11 crit.. and.. well.. I'm just going to assume my pvp life is finally going to see some more fun as it becomes much easier for me to kill people.. (The saddest part of this is I've topped damage in so many BG's using a rank 11 frost bolt...)
    Thats kinda funny... i did the same thing on my resto sham. My friend just kept blaming it on my gear (i was wearing 2/5 hateful and the rest deadly, /lol with the titansteel mace. gogo S7!) but we finally got to ~1820 and i got my relentless weps ect and i was in a BG when some guys addon was spamming wispers to me about how i was downranking my spells and come to find out... i wasnt using the max rank of: healing wave, lesser healing wave, flame shock, chain lightning, water shield or earthliving weapon. My watershield ticks went from 247 mana to 498!!! I called my arena partner and said "dude... you are going to fking hate me..."
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend