Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Shadowmourne Preview, Comics

- Icecrown has claimed the souls of better heroes than you!

Haha it's as epic as Illidan's "You are not prepared" just more humiliating ;D I like it.

Deleted

Val'anyr is really a bad legendary, while I see Shadownmourne.

Val'anyr = classic stats and a proc who is not so amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by sevenbug

Val'anyr = classic stats and a proc who is not so amazing.
    lolwut? A proc that scales with gear? Yea, it's horrible....

Quote Originally Posted by badpark

This feels... odd to me; could this really be intended? Obviously, Blizzard doesn't have a problem with a guild having multiple legendaries (see: Val'anyr), but in such a short time frame? I think at least one of our assumptions must be wrong.
    I hardly think that Minimum 16 weeks is a short period of time. 16 weeks of Ulduar raiding gets more than 1 hammer.

And I remember a guild on my old server getting 7 glaives to drop their first 3 months of Killing Illidan. Granted that's some sbscene luck, but they had 3 2x glaive rogues and their Fury had a MH before Sunwell released.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    I hardly think that Minimum 16 weeks is a short period of time. 16 weeks of Ulduar raiding gets more than 1 hammer.

And I remember a guild on my old server getting 7 glaives to drop their first 3 months of Killing Illidan. Granted that's some sbscene luck, but they had 3 2x glaive rogues and their Fury had a MH before Sunwell released.
    I meant the interval between subsequent Shadowmournes, not the total time to acquire each one. 16 weeks of Ulduar raiding will net 1 hammer plus shards toward a second, not 2 or more hammers almost concurrently.

With regard to the glaives, since they were random drops, I don't think they can be compared/contrasted to this situation.

I have a dream with every scrub able to kill bosses into ICC wearing one of these.
    "the new primordial saronite- which is not easy to obtain" HAHAHAHA

Our guild bank already over 800 Crusader Orbs..how many of those shits will be around u think??
    And we r a MEDIUM skill guild.

Thanks a lot blizzard for giving melees MORE no-brain gear. Funny how the healer ulduar legendary wasn't this easy to get <.<
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I think its relevant to compare them, cause it leads to Blizzards mindset on having more than 1 Legendary in a guild at the same time...especially at the end of an expansion.

Here's the deal, even MOST hardcore guilds will have not have Shadowmournes at 16 weeks...with the limited attempts at new bosses, we're looking at Infusion quests being done a lot slower than people think. I predict most hardcore guilds seeing their shadowmournes at 20 weeks. And 20 weeks...I'd say it would be reasonable to see more than 1 legendary in the guild at the same time. So it'll take a lot longer for 1 to appear, but I think you'll see a sudden influx of 2-3 per guild when they do start happening.

I still say the challenge isn't to complete a Shadowmourne...its to complete it before the next expansion.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

The question is, how big is the dropchance of the quest item drops of Festergut and Rotface? If its 100% or very high, that would be lame as hell, dozens of Warriors/DKs/Paladins running around with that imba Axe on every server.

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    I have a dream with every scrub able to kill bosses into ICC wearing one of these.
    "the new primordial saronite- which is not easy to obtain" HAHAHAHA

Our guild bank already over 800 Crusader Orbs..how many of those shits will be around u think??
    And we r a MEDIUM skill guild.

Thanks a lot blizzard for giving melees MORE no-brain gear. Funny how the healer ulduar legendary wasn't this easy to get <.<
    Yes, every 2hded melee will have a Shadow's Edge, the epic version which requires only a non raid quest, a lot of gold or time in raids and dedication to daily randoms, or a guilds help.

Big deal, you got a 25 man normal ilvl 2hded axe out of it. That was going to happen anyway...ilvl 245 Justicebringers and Dual-Blades are a dime a dozen these days.

The legendary version will require full clears of the last 25 man raid for multiple weeks, of which you get a very short supply of attempts per week. Forget puggable TotC...you won't be pugging ICC 25 man. It won't be every tom dick or harry getting the Legedary version...there will be a ton of people still collecting shards when Catacylsm hits the shelves.

Why are people even discussing buying Orbs? They are going to be very expensive in the beginning, especially with the badge upgrade system for Tier gear. But people seem to dismiss one thing: Alts

You can easily farm Heroics, VoA, the weekly raid quest and, depending on your gear, skill & time, maybe even ICC with your alts for Emblems while you don't mess up your Tier gear progression on your main toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Woony
    The question is, how big is the dropchance of the quest item drops of Festergut and Rotface? If its 100% or very high, that would be lame as hell, dozens of Warriors/DKs/Paladins running around with that imba Axe on every server.
    Its the same Ilvl as another 2hded axe that drops from the frist few bosses in the 25 normal. Granted its better itemized...but its the same ilvl and listed dps as the other 2hders that are confirmed to drop from 25 normal.

I fail to see how the Epic quest version is imbal, there's no OP proc...its a beefed up Justicebringer/Dual-Blade. And it'd be silly not to expect a better 2hder in ICC 25 man than what meleers had already.

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    I think its relevant to compare them, cause it leads to Blizzards mindset on having more than 1 Legendary in a guild at the same time...especially at the end of an expansion.
    I see your point, but in a previous post, I had already noted that Blizzard doesn't seem to mind guilds having multiple legendaries -- Val'anyr, for example; there are many guilds out there with multiple hammers.

My point is this: for legendaries that are acquired by means other than random drop chance (collection of shards, quests, etc.), Blizzard seems to put other "gates" in so that multiples are realistically only worked on after the first one is complete. The only gate to legendaries like the glaives is the RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook
    Why are people even discussing buying Orbs? They are going to be very expensive in the beginning, especially with the badge upgrade system for Tier gear. But people seem to dismiss one thing: Alts

You can easily farm Heroics, VoA, the weekly raid quest and, depending on your gear, skill & time, maybe even ICC with your alts for Emblems while you don't mess up your Tier gear progression on your main toon.
    Again...who cares about when you get a Shadow's Edge...its the same ilvl as all the other normal 25 man ICC weapon drops. Getting a Shadow's edge is irrelevant. People need to stop looking at the epic version, and start really looking at how much time its going to take to turn it into a Shadowmourne...cause the real grind doesn't start until you have a Shadow's Edge.

Deleted

And the droprate of Shadow's Edge ist what? Like 1%?

Quote Originally Posted by badpark
    I see your point, but in a previous post, I had already noted that Blizzard doesn't seem to mind guilds having multiple legendaries -- Val'anyr, for example; there are many guilds out there with multiple hammers.

My point is this: for legendaries that are acquired by means other than random drop chance (collection of shards, quests, etc.), Blizzard seems to put other "gates" in so that multiples are realistically only worked on after the first one is complete. The only gate to legendaries like the glaives is the RNG.
    The gate to this legendary is time....and a LOT of it. Time which is very limited, videos are already available of Cataclysm gameplay...

I forsee many people getting Shadowmourne a couple weeks before Cata hits...and some getting it a couple weeks after it hits. And who really cares about that...i mean I could go back and get a Rag's Hammer or Some Illidan Glaives or a Thunderfury...so I would have a legendary. Who cares its outdated...

There's teh real challenge...getting one of these before its outdated.

Boub's vids are becoming more and more impressive, the music, the whispers and everything in this vid is SICK yo! :O

Shadowmourne looks incredible, the effects look, well, my face did this ---> o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Flitter
    And the droprate of Shadow's Edge ist what? Like 1%?
    Its not a drop, its a quest.

25 Primordial Saronite ....575 Frost badges...or 2k gold a piece probably = 50k...or guild helping you.
    A group quest
    Killing the 5th and 6th bosses in 25 man ICC (this is the gate to make it raider only...pugs won't be able to do this)

Deleted

So you mean that I can basically just "buy" me that itemlvl 264 weapon as a raider? Shadowmourne aside for a moment.

Is anybody seeing just an empty white box where the youtube video should be?

This started happening for me on MMO right around the time the new perky pug video was posted.

Firefox, XP. No I am not blocking any ads...

Quote Originally Posted by Flitter
    So you mean that I can basically just "buy" me that itemlvl 264 weapon as a raider? Shadowmourne aside for a moment.
    What's the difference in buying one...or raiding to get a drop. You still got to kill 2 ICC bosses who are halfway through the instance. Only this way if you're gonna buy it, it'll cost you a lot of gold AND raiding time instead of just a drop.

I fail to see how this is "free epic"