Poll: would you like a 4th talent tree for every class?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4th talent trees?

after just reading the "darkranger for rogues" thread I wondered if they could do the same for all classes with new talent trees..
    for example:
    Archmage:
    when you cast fireball your next arcane blast does +x% dmg, when you cast arcane blast your next frostbolt does +x% dmg, when you cast frostbolt your nextx fireball does +x% dmg... that sort of thing
    Archdruid:
    a healing/damage hybrid wich works with direct heals and Dot's, roots and wisps do most of it, but also moonlights and throwing leaves that summon an immobile tree at a location cleaving nearby enemies..
    Dark ranger:
    as mentioned before, a ranged spec for rogues
    Ranger:
    a healing? or melee spec for hunters.. not much ideas here
    dunno:
    a melee-shielding/healing spec for paladins.. "holy charge" you charge player X healing everyone near him/her for X and causing your next sacred shield to shield for +100%... that sort of thing.
    Shield of Earth:
    a shaman tank spec wich works with an aura.. for every totem active you deal X less damage but cause +Y% of the original threat, also take less damage.. also things like increased stamina, convert crit and haste to def and block rating so you can still use hunter/enhancement gear..

just ran out of idea's here but please comment..
    oh and yes it'l be hard to balance and won't come with cata but I'm sure that one day we'l all get a 4th talent tree..

Re: 4th talent trees?

why just dont give everyone everything? so much easier amirite?

The ONLY reason to add a 4th spec would be to get rid of pure dps classes so we no longer have to worry about "im a mage i deserve to do 5% more damage over that dk even though i had to burn adds!!!"

btw 5%?
    Out of 7k dps (respectable for a tank n spank fight)
    5%= 350 dps

350 dps? Go to a dummy and the rng will change ur dps by at least 350

Thery's enough theorycrafting with 3 talent trees pl0x

Quote Originally Posted by Gerina
    after just reading the "darkranger for rogues" thread I wondered if they could do the same for all classes with new talent trees..
    for example:
    Archmage:
    when you cast fireball your next arcane blast does +x% dmg, when you cast arcane blast your next frostbolt does +x% dmg, when you cast frostbolt your nextx fireball does +x% dmg... that sort of thing
    Archdruid:
    a healing/damage hybrid wich works with direct heals and Dot's, roots and wisps do most of it, but also moonlights and throwing leaves that summon an immobile tree at a location cleaving nearby enemies..
    Dark ranger:
    as mentioned before, a ranged spec for rogues
    Ranger:
    a healing? or melee spec for hunters.. not much ideas here
    dunno:
    a melee-shielding/healing spec for paladins.. "holy charge" you charge player X healing everyone near him/her for X and causing your next sacred shield to shield for +100%... that sort of thing.
    Shield of Earth:
    a shaman tank spec wich works with an aura.. for every totem active you deal X less damage but cause +Y% of the original threat, also take less damage.. also things like increased stamina, convert crit and haste to def and block rating so you can still use hunter/enhancement gear..

just ran out of idea's here but please comment..
    oh and yes it'l be hard to balance and won't come with cata but I'm sure that one day we'l all get a 4th talent tree..
    Blizzard can't even manage to balance 3 trees. To answer your question, No.

It wouldn't work. It'd be far too complex to manage and balance.

Though I'd certainly enjoy a mage tree dedicated to tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    The ONLY reason to add a 4th spec would be to get rid of pure dps classes so we no longer have to worry about "im a mage i deserve to do 5% more damage over that dk even though i had to burn adds!!!"

btw 5%?
    Out of 7k dps (respectable for a tank n spank fight)
    5%= 350 dps

350 dps? Go to a dummy and the rng will change ur dps by at least 350
    Whelps are srs bsns. Don't get it twisted.

A 4th talent tree... hmmm

My mains: Dr00d and spriest.
    That'd be, one dedicated cat and one dedicated bear? And then a more viable holy dps tree?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

i think we're already spoiled having dual spec - i think 3 trees offers enough versatility for most classes when combined with DS.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen
    It wouldn't work. It'd be far too complex to manage and balance.

Though I'd certainly enjoy a mage tree dedicated to tanking.
    It's called Frost + All your targets are slowable and sheepable. You can tank easily *I did fairly well in a Reg UK yesterday, though of course bosses were trouble o.o;*
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by .raito
    Blizzard can't even manage to balance 3 trees. To answer your question, No.
    Also, the whole Archmage idea just sounds like a single talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger
    "the guy with pikachu clearly forgot that both Varian and Garrosh are dumb as dirt...
    dirt is immune to electricity therefore immune to pikachu." --yaij9841

would not work. kinda nice idea tho
    check out my blog for some gold making tips
    http://anaalius.com/

Also Follow me on Twitter at
    http://twitter.com/anaalius/

titan's path is pretty much the 4th talent tree

Pre-nerf Battlemaster

If you see me, run away, or it will be the last thing you'll ever see.

No. Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatíon-US-Scilla
    Take a look at the current talent trees... etc.
    Your avatar scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zortorai

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift
    why just dont give everyone everything? so much easier amirite?
    yeah, people seem to be to lazy and dont want to level more characters so they whine about how they want to be able to do everything.
    Speaking of doing everything, druids can already do everything, Tank, Heal, spell dps, Melee dps, what more do you want them to do?

Troll form - Turn into an mmo-champ troll and instant kill everything and everyone you come acrosss with your whining ability. Also, you have over 9000 resilience.

And the whole "NEW HERO CLASS, ARCHMAGE/ARCHDRUID!" ideas are just getting really...really...dumb..
    I mean we have a mage and druid class already, do you want a Super fireball or Mega bearform that badly?
    "Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon

There should be a 4th tree but it should be pvp talents and it should get its own pool of points to spend completely separate from pve talents.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

As of right now, Blizzard is having trouble figuring out how to Balance the Trees currently in place. So adding a fourth wouldn't be the smartest idea.

Also, making the 4th tree with things like "Dark Rangers" would just be Hunters without pets, so you might as well give the Melee Huntards what they always wanted, and make them Rogues with Pets.