Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Gear Req for ICC 5M Heroic

Sorry if this has already been asked, but what's the gear req for doing ICC HC 5Mans? I assume Naxx 25 gear will be good enough for Normal but I am not sure for Heroic - I heard geared people were having a non-faceroll time in there. I am a DPS warrior if that makes any difference.

Basically, do I need to get 219 or 226 gear before going in Heroic? I only have a month over Christmas break to play again unless second semester is a lot easier.

inb4 gear<skill bla etc. Although I did outdps some better geared DPS in heroics for the 3 days I played on my free gametime over Thanksgiving(activated on Weds, started Thurs, stopped after Sat night as I had to go back to the dorm).
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Re: Gear Req for ICC 5M Heroic

they were farely easy in 245/258 gear so im guessing 200/219 gear should more than enough you said it yourself skill > gear and for the most part that will hold true.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks.

Now my only potential pitfall in "Link chiev lolol". Sargeras is full of a bunch of retards.

first heroic and second one up to and including 2nd boss are perfectly doable in 213s, beyond that point you need at least 226s or you gonna get roflstomped big time.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

While i havent been on the PTR any gear you got from previous 5man heroics should be more than enough.
    Blizzard have never created a 5man which required you to already have raidgear and i doubt they would start now.
    So basically ilvl 200/219 which is what you get from running any heroic (ilvl 200) and ToC5 normal/heroic (ilvl 200/219).

However knowing people you will require Alone in the Darkness (25) and A Tribute to Immortality (25) as well as a GS of 5500+ in order to join a PUG.
    With guildruns and friends though you should be more than fine with the before mentioned gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia
    So basically ilvl 200/219 which is what you get from running any heroic (ilvl 200) and ToC5 normal/heroic (ilvl 200/219).
    I can assure you HoR will be extremely hard if your tank and healer are in 200/219 gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

I can see it now... patch day: LFM FoS/PoS/HoR must link achievement and do 5k dps or no loot!

Fucking retards. It's not just Sargeras that's full of retards. Crushridge too. All of WoW is plagued with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst
    I can see it now... patch day: LFM FoS/PoS/HoR must link achievement and do 5k dps or no loot!

Fucking retards. It's not just Sargeras that's full of retards. Crushridge too. All of WoW is plagued with it.
    there are gonna be a lot of ICC hc pugs on day 1, you dont have to join the retardes ones.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

our guilds skipping heroic and going straight to the raid everyone has a 5k+ gs so we should be fine but i would reccomend for the heroic at least a 4.3k gs (all 219)
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

While i havent been on the PTR any gear you got from previous 5man heroics should be more than enough.
    Blizzard have never created a 5man which required you to already have raidgear and i doubt they would start now.

However knowing people you will require Alone in the Darkness (25) and A Tribute to Immortality (25) as well as a GS of 5500+ in order to join a PUG.
    With guildruns and friends though you should be more than fine with the before mentioned gear.
    MGT never happened.

10+ Year Old Account

Unfortunately all PUG for me - I quit playing around April, don't know anyone now really, no guild either. : \ Repair cost should be.... interesting.

And my GS is 4238 IIRC - sorta short but w/e. And I didn't get a chance to enchant my new weapon but why when I am most likely going to get a better one soon.

Oh, and I am coming back probably Dec 17th... so that means by then people will be looking for achiev. >.> I hope not..

Using MGT as a reference as far as gear req goes it took Heroic epics/Kara epics so I should be fine (T7.5 ~ T4 and some Gruuls/Mag loot etc)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312
    I can assure you HoR will be extremely hard if your tank and healer are in 200/219 gear.
    this.

It's not a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Vevilair
    MGT never happened.
    MGT was perfectly doable in a mix of quest/heroicgear wth are you on about?

Hard or impossible?
    If it's just hard then it means it's exactly what many casuals want which is hard 5mans.
    If it's impossible then well Blizzard have failed a bit tbh

Hard or impossible?
    If it's just hard then it means it's exactly what many casuals want which is hard 5mans.
    Not impossible, but close. Like seam said, it's not a joke.

10+ Year Old Account

Heroic halls of reflection especially the starting Gauntlet bit is very very tricky to tank and heal

THink Faction champions but only 5 of them at a time. Fears Stuns Range dps that hit hard etc. hard trash.

Warrior tanks are going to struggle lots on it. I personally couldnt keep aggro on all the mobs they come in 12 packs or so near the end and cleave,shockwave,thunderclap doesnt quite cut it.

MGT was perfectly doable in a mix of quest/heroicgear wth are you on about?
    I wouldn't agree with this statement if you mean Heroic MgT. Priestess Delrissa could be ridiculously hard depending on your group.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Hard or impossible?
    The last of the three 5-mans may be somewhat challenging with an 200/213 ilvl healer/tank, but not near to impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991
    Heroic halls of reflection especially the starting Gauntlet bit is very very tricky to tank and heal
    The last wave of the LK encounter can get pretty hairy too, especially if DPS is subpar.

I'm liking the sound of the difficulties of these instances tbh, especially concidering the loot it rewards.

It will probably be like MGT was back in the day, stupid hard the first couple weeks, but after some tanks know how to run the place and healers know what its like to heal the difficulty will drop quite a bit.