Poll: As the title says

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Poll][Wintergrasp] Tenacity: Remove or Keep

> WG pisses me off every time - people doing double dmg because their allies are lazy.

Re: [Poll][Wintergrasp] Tenacity: Remove or Keep

without tenacity at the present time the groups would be unbalanced what its doing is puting up a smaller group with larger stats against a larger group with there base stats. usually if ur with a good group of people ppl with tenacity can be brought down with no trouble. go look for a deceint group to go with and see the difference. WG is ment to focus on siege anyway.
    as far as i can see the only way to make WG decient is make it like any other bg and only let groups of the same amount into the area. giving it a cue to enter the zone, but i dont see that happening so...

IMO might as well remove it. On my server ever has there been a battle where the people with tenacity(whether it be a small or large buff) have won. It just makes it a bit difficult to do your weekly.

I have an idea....

Tenacity based on how many people of the opposite faction are around each other. Not cool to be one on one with someone that has tenacity and get one shot. Make it to where tenacity is based on proximity to other people of same/opposite faction.

Problem solved.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Yes, definetly keep it and more. Add tenacity to vehicles as well. Otherwise remove it and put a progressive cap to WG, so that only +-10 people more or less can be on the other side. Realms like Lightning's blade rarely can have enough players on alliance side to have chance to win.

I have a very strong opinion about what I think blizzard should do with tenacity, but I'm not going to vote here. Neither choice helps. Only solution is FIX how it works. I play on Mal'Ganis-US as alliance. We lose 99% of all defending games because we are almost always outnumbered 10-1 or more (a lot, lot more sometimes). It's the most frustrating thing in the world to be able to have the power to 1shot someone but, a split sec later, get stunlocked for 10-15seconds straight until all 200k or w/e of you hp is drained. Make each stack of tenacity reduce the duration of all CC effects by a small percentage (~2% per stack maybe). That would be one way to possibly "fix" wg and tenacity.

Probably the best thing to do would be balance servers/battlegroups actively so that one faction doesn't DRASTICALLY outnumber the other. If one faction gets too heavy on a server, HALT incoming transfers instead of just giving free outgoing transfers for that faction or incoming transfers to the opposite faction. This would make BGs/world pvp a great deal more fun for thousands of players.

Could always cap the amount of players from 1 faction in WG based on how many of the opposing faction have joined. Think that's unfair to the capped faction? Try playing on the team who's outnumbered 20 to 1 in almost every game....

Edit: Late night on Mal'Ganis, the alliance almost always have fewer players on their side then there are raid markers available (I usually mark the team when I'm lead for fun, lol). It's THAT bad.

Deleted

Added "Other" option.

When i did WG on my Ele Shammy this morning (~800 resil) i ran into a Priest, which used Mind Blast -> SWeath and i died before i even got more than a Flame Shock off (used Glyphed Stoneclaw) and before i could even click my Grounding Totem.

A min later after i rezzed and ran back i got sapped by a Rogue, no big deal - he proceeded to 2shot me, without even using Cheap Shot.

When their Siege Engines came strolling towards the front gate, that same SPriest from before was there on foot, she just took out everyone standing on the platforms (~ 6-8 people).

Again, if Horde can't get more people to attack, why should we get slapped instead of the lazy people?

Falcon, it's not that 1 side is "lazy"...... There are server faction balance issues. Major ones. On Mal'Ganis, the horde always group up like swarming locusts. Our permanent 20stack of tenacity does NOTHING to stop them. If you are with the team who has many more playerson it, you SHOULD be penalized for trying to wander around alone. If a few of you grouped up on this shadow priest, he would have been stunlocked/CC'd forever and never killed more than a handful of you guys.

I hate when people get so angry at tenacity simply because THEY got 1shot.... Gimmie a break. Sadly, tenacity doesn't grant us WG victories as easily as it does wins in duels against players w/o tenacity.

Keep... why? cus im an horde on a 75% ally 25% horde server and i like to conflagrate for 40k
    Click Here Please ^^
    --> http://s1.gladiatus.it/game/c.php?uid=116429 <--

Quote Originally Posted by Keilar
    Keep... why? cus im an horde on a 75% ally 25% horde server and i like to conflagrate for 40k
    This is the other side to the argument... Some individual players enjoy seeing big numbers and pissing other players off by 1-2shotting the stragglers. I doubt your team is constantly winning WG tho. There are benefits to winning WG (such as being able to raid voa and buy items from the vendor), and 1 side of a server shouldn't have constant access to it just because their numbers are greater. You might enjoy hitting ppl hard and being a glass cannon, but don't be selfish. The majority of players would rather have a fighting chance to win the event than just see big numbers for fun.

we do...cus the alliance on my server is more... but is nab...
    Click Here Please ^^
    --> http://s1.gladiatus.it/game/c.php?uid=116429 <--

15+ Year Old Account

It needs to be toned down.. and not give instant first lieutenant on 20x stacks. It's giving the opposing teams far more of an advantage than one would need just from being outnumbered.

You can't remove tenacity without implementing some other mechanism to address the faction imbalance that occurs on most servers. It would simply be unfair to the minority faction who would never be able to win WG without tenacity.

I don't see any reasonable way to address the faction imbalances on servers. You can't force people to move against their will.

Battlegroups address the imbalance problem for other bgs, but can't be used for WG since the "who is in control" impact is server specific. I have no better suggestions other than tenacity, flawed as it might seem to be. Tryng to cap the number of entrants to match the smaller team would cause too much grief as vast amounts of players would never be able to get into WG.

I just love how it always seems to be me verse 5 and they have 20 tenacity.... i love 26k fireballs <3
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruk
    I don't see any reasonable way to address the faction imbalances on servers. You can't force people to move against their will.
    Blizzard can. It's their game. What would you do? Quit? Then they still got their way.

I think the only way to really balance out the zone would be to put a floating player cap based on the smaller team. If the allies only got 30 ppl in there, the horde can only have 30. Delete tenacity and enjoy even games all the time.

On really high, 1-sided population servers...this idea would suck. It would mean select few can only ever get the chance at getting in. It would also make small games take probably forever, or near the full duration at least every time. Not a great idea satisfaction wise because it causes other issues, but it would fix balance/tenacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragaan
    This is the other side to the argument... Some individual players enjoy seeing big numbers and pissing other players off by 1-2shotting the stragglers. I doubt your team is constantly winning WG tho. There are benefits to winning WG (such as being able to raid voa and buy items from the vendor), and 1 side of a server shouldn't have constant access to it just because their numbers are greater. You might enjoy hitting ppl hard and being a glass cannon, but don't be selfish. The majority of players would rather have a fighting chance to win the event than just see big numbers for fun.
    Tenacity is more than some people think. Sujre you can group up and have 10 horde kill the 2 alliance.. But say it's larger.. 30 vs 10.. All you need to do, is come up from behind, and take out the people who CC in 1-2 shots.. I had 20 tenacity, and I killed over 20 guys. Focusing on the guys who could CC first. They raped the other 10 guys, but hey, there was only like 8 horde left, with no CC... *Divine storm* Er... sorry.. 4 horde left...
    http://www.youtube.com/ThinkingsHard Youtube for WoW PvP, Arenas, BG's, PvE, Starcraft II and possibly more!

i love tanacity, it's really fun to play like a boss every now and then. it's fun to be damn near invincible. it's fun to be able to do even a minute amount of damage while you're being zerged by 50+people. seriously, there's nothing wrong with tanacity at all.

What sounds good to me, is to make up for the loss of players from one side, by giving them NPCs to make up for that number.

The NPCs do the same thing as player would (apart from AFkin' ;q), except for building vehicles (they could still lift in one).
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&cn=Jeffx

Placing a small limit on the number of players would not solve the problem as that would severely limit the access to what is meant to be an outdoor pvp zone. The mechanism as it is while not always what people will agree with, at least can be proved to be working. Factions which otherwise simply would not win due to numbers have a fair chance of doing so.
    The only way to manage with even numbers on each side would be to make it an instanced battleground with multiple running simultaneously with the majority determining the access to VoA, but still denies fair access to a faction with far greater numbers.
    Perhaps some mechanism based on the proximity to other players is a reasonable solution, but I cannot see it being realistic to implement.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.