Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Mage Dps in ICC25m

Lord Marrowgar: in top 5 were 3dk`s 1 rogue and 1 hunters; first mage is on 7 first warlock on 10 (wmo:http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/10343907#damageout)

Lady Deathwhisper: in top 5 were 2 hunters 2 warlocks and 1 dk; fist mage on 6. (wmo: http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/10343910#damageout)

Deathbringer Saurfang: in top 5 were 1 rogue 4dk`s; fist mage was on 12, first lock on 9 (wmo http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/10343915#damageout)

By this 3 fights seems like icc is not so "mage friendly".

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Arlto
    I myself, is an Arcane mage, so not trying to turn the back on my own class, but..

■ Arcane Empowerment: This talent now also grants 1/2/3% increased damage done by the mage’s party or raid for 10 seconds after the mage gets a critical strike with Arcane Explosion, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Barrage, or Arcane Blast. [size=10pt]This effect is exclusive with Ferocious Inspiration and Sanctified Retribution[/size].

We were buffed abit.

if your guild doesnt had a ret pala or a bm hunter in raid, you u got 3% more dmg now

looks like someone was faster them me !

Its fight mechanics, lots of target switching, add duty, spellstealing, helping with decurses if need be, etc etc. Just look at it like a challenge, and do things like switching from one target when its at 20% to the next priority target (im thinking lady deathwhisper here) letting the dots finish off the low ones and already be casting blast on the next one to keep your deeps and up time as high as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas
    Lord Marrowgar: in top 5 were 3dk`s 1 rogue and 1 hunters; first mage is on 7 first warlock on 10 (wmo:http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/10343907#damageout)

Lady Deathwhisper: in top 5 were 2 hunters 2 warlocks and 1 dk; fist mage on 6. (wmo: http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/10343910#damageout)

Deathbringer Saurfang: in top 5 were 1 rogue 4dk`s; fist mage was on 12, first lock on 9 (wmo http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/10343915#damageout)

6k dps on deathwhisper is pretty bad, I'm gonna go ahead and disregard that report because of that :x

Scorchio2 isn't working correctly atm. Neither Missile Barrage nor Hot Streak are being tracked/pinging on proc when they occur. I don't know about the OP, but I know last night I either delayed or missed completely several Hot Streak pyros because I'm so used to Scorchio's fel nova sound to tell me when to launch! lol (yes yes, terribad, blah blah, relying on a mod, but been doing it for years, so used to it :P) That alone, I think, might be a big reason for mage dps drops in ICC, imo. Let's wait and see, once Scorchio is fixed.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas

Marrow will favor Melee as they can stick on him on normal mode even through his weak ass whirlwind and spikes seem to favor ranged! Thus not looking at fight mechanics may make mages look like crap here!

Lady Deathwhisper : Your main jobs in this fight are Sheep Mc'ed people> Decurse > DPs ... as opposed to the other players mages have 2 jobs higher in priority than dps so rather than looking at dps meeters try looking at the cleanse and CC meeters... if a mage is high in dps yet low in thoes 2 then they are doing bad!

Deathbinger : Due to the add transition phase and them coming out fast in different directions it is not optimal for mages to AOE yet melee can hit them all for a couple of seconds as they spawn thus again it will look liek our dps went down but it's just a mechanic of the fight!

All the fights so far are really fun and mages have some great utility to all of them... wanting to be LOL top charts like twins with 2 button rotations is boring as shit! I for one am really pleased with lady deathwhisper as I must do 3 jobs well for the raid to succeed and am finally using decurse and poly in raids once again.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    Deathbringer - This is a patchwerk fight for melee, so expect them to be up top. DoT classes again have the benefit of multi targets (and hunters can even multi-shot).

Arcane should perform much better in the next wing, which are mostly single target burn fights.

Of course, this will probably get labeled as a troll post, since I'm not stroking the OP's epeen.
    Thats strange.

Went on a PUG up to Deathbringer as a DK [promised to go with some friends on my mage :P] and from what I saw even DoTs, let alone AoE, does crap damage against the adds
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by afkalmighty
    Thats strange.

Went on a PUG up to Deathbringer as a DK [promised to go with some friends on my mage :P] and from what I saw even DoTs, let alone AoE, does crap damage against the adds
    90% aoe dmg reduction, 75% disease reduction, 100% shadow damage reduction.

I find myself at a bit of a disadvantage as arcane in ICC. The fights require a lot more moving around, and as arcane, when you're moving around, you're not doing ANY damage. Wheras with fire, you've always got a dot up on the boss. I recently got to about top dps in my gulid, but now find myself at about 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Robindonaf
    I find myself at a bit of a disadvantage as arcane in ICC. The fights require a lot more moving around, and as arcane, when you're moving around, you're not doing ANY damage. Wheras with fire, you've always got a dot up on the boss. I recently got to about top dps in my gulid, but now find myself at about 5th.
    You can still do damage moving around. It's called arcane barrage. This is why despite all the crap that people give about arcane barrage, it is still a viable DPS option if you cast arcane blast like 5x without a missile barrage proc. This is coming from a mage who has never gotten one piece of gear from TOGC25 and I have pulled 7.1k DPS on beasts before icecrown came out.

But to comment on mages in icecrown, we should be doing just fine. Pulling at least 7-8k DPS.

People who have done firefighter before they outgeared it know how to dps while moving. I suggest the rest of you learn, quickly.

Mage dps is completely fine. Keep in mind, Mages didn't need a buff in a dps. Any mage worth their weight is going to be in the top 5 dps in most settings.

Yes some classes got buffed, I'm not sure why dk's got buffed, but at the sametime they've already gotten a nerf to their scourge strike. Plus their single target damage isn't any better than a mages....they just rape everyone when it comes to aoe, since they nerfed just about everyone elses.

But even with the buff to classes, mages aren't any worse off than they were before. They improved mut spec for rogues again and already nerfed them like 1 or 2 days after the patch etc.

Mages are quite fine and they did buff your "leveling" spec afterall heh.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xevec
    You can still do damage moving around. It's called arcane barrage. This is why despite all the crap that people give about arcane barrage, it is still a viable DPS option if you cast arcane blast like 5x without a missile barrage proc. This is coming from a mage who has never gotten one piece of gear from TOGC25 and I have pulled 7.1k DPS on beasts before icecrown came out.

But to comment on mages in icecrown, we should be doing just fine. Pulling at least 7-8k DPS.
    what movement? only the tip of the fires in marrowgar do damage, the rest is just a nifty graphic. bone storm hits like a wet limp noodle. deathwhisper you can plant in the middle and reach basically everything you need to (CC and the occasional AoE on the sides). gunship...YOURE ON A BOAT. saurfang plant and burn, it's a patchwerk with a few adds.

later bosses will require some, but not much.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    what movement? only the tip of the fires in marrowgar do damage, the rest is just a nifty graphic. bone storm hits like a wet limp noodle. deathwhisper you can plant in the middle and reach basically everything you need to (CC and the occasional AoE on the sides). gunship...YOURE ON A BOAT. saurfang plant and burn, it's a patchwerk with a few adds.

later bosses will require some, but not much.
    You should still be moving around and staying away from marrowgar during his bone storm. I doubt most mages just sit there and DPS during his whirlwind. Deathwhisper has D & D and the ghosts you need to avoid. Gunship I understand. And I am right now having to kite the adds, and making sure they don't touch me. That situation is 10 man, but still. Plus, one arcane barrage is a lot quicker than 5 non-hasted arcane missiles.

My question is though what are mages pulling on the saurfang fight. How much DPS are they doing?

My question is though what are mages pulling on the saurfang fight. How much DPS are they doing?
    Speaking from a 25 man perspective you should have a lot of slowing effects down to control the adds. As such when they spawn it just becomes a case of tab targetting while pumping out my rotation. I usually push out 7-8k dps, which isn't bad for a fight where a large portion of our damage is being directed toward adds.

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen
    LOL you want MORE Dps?

Holy shit. I've seen mages hit like 9k using arcane missles and arcane blast over and over.
    Funny thing is hybrids still beat us, my mage hits 8k dps and i get beaten by ret paladins. I dont care if its a two button rotation if they would add in 3 new spells for an added 2k dps or even 1k i would do it and im sure evry mage would too rotations arent difficult but if a pure dps is maxing out below a hybrid then we needz buff. I just cant stand seeing hybrids beat us then they complain LOL 2BUTTONZ lf new spell like Arcane OPBLAST - Uses your 4 stack of arcane blast and hits for all damage done in the past 4 casts BAAAAAAM FIXED

yeee buff that shit

Not very much, but that isn't the point. Arcane mages destroy blood beasts, and that's what is important. I always top blood beast damage, followed by our other two arcane mages.

I definitely know what you're talking about.
    My main's a rogue, our biggest competition used to be mages and after that hunters, but now DKs and enh. shamans are coming up fast, with Ret. Pallys not far behind (talking boss fights). and for trash (honestly though who cares about trash) there are a decent amount of pulls that The pallys will actually out dps us.

The thing with ICC is that so far the fights cause for alot of people to be having other jobs besides simply dpsing which is effecting it, also the fights seem to cater more to melee dps, where we can go all out on 3/4 fights when ranged has a job to do.

Saurfang: I know in our guild we have mages burning adds which I know for rogues always leads to a decrease in dps.

Gunship: Anyone would be dumb to even look at the meters on this fight

Deathwhisper: Besides 2 rogues and a pally on the adds we have most of our ranged on them, again causing a significant drop in dps

Marrowgar: This is the one fight I don't understand why mages aren't getting near the top, with melee having to run away from whirlwind (well half the time I just pop evasion and dps neway) I expect our mages to be closer behind me, but it still seems to just be our DK on my heels.

In conclusion, yes DKs Enh Shamans and Ret Pallies seem to be getting near the top of the charts , and yes our mages are definitely lower, but I have a feeling there will be fights in the later wings that cater more to mage dps and will be tougher on melee. For now there seem to be more fights that melee is simply going all out causing us to lead the charts. And c'mon, like we all didn't know that blizzard only nerfed DK dps so they could buff it ridiculously for icecrown, they couldn't have them being shitty for this raid, c'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by Antik
    Getting that title is not hard, it says nothing about you as a player.
    ...lol?

OP was referring to how his guild kicked the shit out of ToGC25, not how he did 500 dailies. Git yer titles straight.