Drain soul execute

Hi Guys,

I just rolled a Destro warlock when I came back about 6 months ago. I am thinking about trying Affliction for a change and I am a little unclear how to properly perform the drain soul execute.

Do i maintain my normal rotation and just substitute Drain soul for Shadow bolt?

Do i only keep corruption refresh and then Drain soul?

Or do I do something completely different.

Re: Drain soul execute

replace shadowbolt with Drain soul

Repkace drain soul instead of SB

keep up all dots

get a mod to tell when drain soul ticks so you can cancel the cast after a tick

You use Drain Soul in place of your shadowbolts. It becomes the new filler. It does a lot of damage on its own, but you also want to keep up all your dots while you are draining.

The best way to do that is to get a mod like Drain Soul Timer. DST isnt updated as far as I know for 3.3 yet but I liked it. Gave off a sound and a little message each tick of Drain Soul so I knew when to break the channel to reapply dots right as they fell off, or Haunt as it came back up.

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    Repkace drain soul instead of SB

keep up all dots

get a mod to tell when drain soul ticks so you can cancel the cast after a tick
    I use Forte Exorcist. It will show your drain soul cast bar, but it will show little lines on the cast bar for each spot as DS ticks.

I also use Power Auras to make it easier to see when they go into drain soul range. (better than staring at a lil # that tells the mob's % HP)

Beautiful guys thanks alot.

I assume your talking about a nochannel macro as well as the mod to show ticks?

Ignore my comment ;o) Of course i want to inturrupt the Drain soul cast after a tick to maintain my rotation

Quote Originally Posted by PurechaosSK
    Hi Guys,

I just rolled a Destro warlock when I came back about 6 months ago. I am thinking about trying Affliction for a change and I am a little unclear how to properly perform the drain soul execute.

Do i maintain my normal rotation and just substitute Drain soul for Shadow bolt?

Do i only keep corruption refresh and then Drain soul?

Or do I do something completely different.
    The main reason DS is afflictions execute and not Destro/Demos is that Affliction gets a nice little talent to buff DS for each affliction affect on the target. I believe the game only checks that at the start of channeling. Still, you would want to recast your dots as they are about to expire. By themselves, they are more dps than a in range DS.