Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No more mana spring totem!

This is a note to all of the fail shamans which use mana spring totem, while having a paladin in your group or raid!

Totem:Summons a Mana Spring Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 5 min that restores 91 mana every 5 seconds to group members within 30 yards.

Blessing:Places a Blessing on the friendly target, restoring 91 mana every 5 seconds for 10 min. Players may only have one Blessing on them per Paladin at any one time.

This is the not imp. through specc stats.
    In my opinion i rather want a healing stream totem or a resistance totem or such like!

Summons a Healing Stream Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 5 min that heals group members within 30 yards for 25 every 2 seconds.

then a mana spring totem. Due to the "30 yards" range and the "no matter were you stand" blessing. So if you can see a paladin who grants wisdom to all the class's who needs it, then drop your healing stream totem and screw the mana shizzle... please its the best for all parts..
    Btw: one last thing stop blaming the paladin for slack if you use a mana spring totem.. its cancels paladins blessing of wisdom..

Re: No more mana spring totem!

Lol QQ?
    Mana regen in heroics????
    WTB Kings TBQH.....

BTW Heroics=Hards?

That is not really a problem,most shamans have figured this out already.The hard part is to explain paladins WHY they should give you a bow.There was this pvpish attitude retard paladin in an ony 25 pug some time ago who went bannanas when I asked for a bow and was spamming complete crap like "OHLOLLOLOL NEWB SCRUB LOL BOW DSNT STACK WITH MANA SPRING,L2P" while I was trying to explain him why I actually need a bow with civil answers.
    This went on for 4-5 minutes and up until he ignored me saying "I WONT SPEND MY PRECIOUS TIME EXPLAINING TO A SCRUB HOW HE SHOULD PLAY lOLOL NOOB,I SS THE CONV AND WILL POST IT TO MMO CHAMP".Needless to say,I spent the rest of my night refreshing the forums page in hope of seeing the retard making the post so that I could troll the shit out of him.

Unless the paladin is holy without Imp. Wisdom. Then your resto shaman is likely to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirio
    This is a note to all of the fail shamans which use mana spring totem, while having a paladin in your group or raid!

Totem:Summons a Mana Spring Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 5 min that restores 91 mana every 5 seconds to group members within 30 yards.

Blessing:Places a Blessing on the friendly target, restoring 91 mana every 5 seconds for 10 min. Players may only have one Blessing on them per Paladin at any one time.

This is the not imp. through specc stats.
    In my opinion i rather want a healing stream totem or a resistance totem or such like!

Summons a Healing Stream Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 5 min that heals group members within 30 yards for 25 every 2 seconds.

then a mana spring totem. Due to the "30 yards" range and the "no matter were you stand" blessing. So if you can see a paladin who grants wisdom to all the class's who needs it, then drop your healing stream totem and screw the mana shizzle... please its the best for all parts..
    Btw: one last thing stop blaming the paladin for slack if you use a mana spring totem.. its cancels paladins blessing of wisdom..
    Because Imporved Restorative Totems are < non talented Pala BoW?

Oh wait...
    Signature size violated forum rules.

a paladin talking about casting buffs... lol.

also.... http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=16206
    It's just a game.

15+ Year Old Account

So your own opinion allows you to suggest that Shamans fail? I would much rather have Kings on me as a Healer than some un-needed regen. So now I have stated my opinion, I can say you fail.

And posting a 'note' on forums, which isn't even on the correct board, on a random WoW fansite.. wtf were you expecting? 90% of the Shaman population coming back and replying 'WOW OK THANKS MAN'.

Wow! Thanks Man! :-*

This new break will increase my deeps by 1K true story.

Both Mana Spring and Blessing of Wisdom grant 109.2 Mp5, both when talented.
    bow is indeed more practical because it doesnt matter where you stand.

GUYZ I DISCOVERED THAT I CAN ONLY HAVE APPLES OR PEARS. SINCE THEY SAME, WE SHOULD ALL GET PEARS OKAY? IM SO SMART

I believe the non-talented version on BoW is 1 mp5 more than the totem. Same thing with both improved forms, the BoW gives 1 more mp5. The reason is so that if you have both improved and a Shaman accidentally puts down the totem it doesn't erase the blessing. If it is an improved totem over a regular BoW, it will still erase it. So yes, there is a reason to have a resto shaman drop his totem instead of getting BoW from a ret/prot pally, and that is 20% more mp5 from the totem.

There is also the fact that if there is only 1 pally we (casters/healers) prefer to get kings AND the totem because that gives us a bigger mana pool which means more from replenishment, more crit, more stam to survive aoe damage, and we still get the mp5 from the totem. The only time I drop healing stream totem is when we have enough pallys to cover every buff (and preferably a holy pally for the BoW). Only other reason I won't drop mana totem is if I know the fight requires a lot of cleansing.

Sounds like you are failing to see the bigger picture. I don't blame people for not knowing everything about the game and every other class or spec, but people like you that come here acting all high and mighty only to show how much of an ass and moron you are, are where the real problem is. When I get ret pallys I don't know sometimes I put down my totems before he buffs so that he can't use BoW. If he gets to it before me I politely ask him to rebuff and explain why which is almost never a problem unless the person is an idiot/ass.

As a shaman healer if theres one paladin i take kings, if there are two i take wisdom so i can use the healing totem or cleansing-totem.

untalented bow + healtotem/cleasing totem > mana totem

Besides, i hate it to lose a part of my mana regenration when i try to increase my mana regeneration (special cooldowned totem).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    As a shaman healer if theres one paladin i take kings, if there are two i take wisdom so i can use the healing totem or cleansing-totem.
    This or you are doing it wrong.

Oh and the other thing I forgot to mention is the range of the totems/BoW argument. If you only have 1 Shaman in the group, that still gives you a 60 yard radius around the totem which is pretty big. Whenever I run with another shaman it is usually general practice for us to drop our totems at different places in the room for greater coverage so you would actually have several overlapping 60 yard radii. So that is a moot point as well in most cases. If you aren't in range of the totem there's a good chance you aren't in range of the healer and/or boss either. Only on certain fights would this actually be an issue.

small note; the amount of bloody raids i've been in where there's 5+ palys, i've got sanctuary, kings hell, even might, and as soon as i ask for wisdom 'lul y? u haz totem, stop being lazy' /facepalm
    Quote Originally Posted by keke
    It's like asking why the hell bosses attack tanks and not healers. It's like asking why bosses play with us for 10 minutes, and then after 10 minutes they get tired of their toys and enrages and one shots us all. Why didn't they do this from the start? Stupid game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zongo
    Could you imagine Robin Williams in a raid vent...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari
    I'll be in my bunk.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=58774

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=48938

Actually look at the two spells and you can see that a few patches back they bumped BoW to 92 MP5 but left Mana Spring at 91.

This means that assuming both are unimproved, BoW will NOT be overwritten by mana spring. Get with the program!

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=58774

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=48938

Actually look at the two spells and you can see that a few patches back they bumped BoW to 92 MP5 but left Mana Spring at 91.

This means that assuming both are unimproved, BoW will NOT be overwritten by mana spring. Get with the program!
    Right on - same deal with BoM and Battleshout. Blessings win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethanlien
    GUYZ I DISCOVERED THAT I CAN ONLY HAVE APPLES OR PEARS. SINCE THEY SAME, WE SHOULD ALL GET PEARS OKAY? IM SO SMART
    For the love of all that is unholy, can we get an option to mute/ignore posters on these forums. Please!

The problem with posts like these are that they generalize every fight and every raid comp as "gimme this instead of that". I find the reality is that when I raid 25 man content, and alot of 10 mans as well, the enh shaman will drop mana spring, resto sham wil drop healing stream, and palis do their kings/might/sanc thing.

Plus, if I have anyone in the raid who does rejuvenation, I prefer to have kings for the mana regen anyways.

If there is a particularly mana intensive fight, our raids adjust to maximize the amount of regen available. Otherwise, nobody ever fights, and people just try not to be stupid. If you are angry about dropping the wrong totems in 5 mans, you are probably doing it wrong.

If I tell you to drop the damn totem, please drop the totem. In the content where it matters, I want you under the 3% reduced damage from sanct.

To cover all bases with blessings, you need four paladins in your raid:
    One random for kings,
    One prot for sanct,
    (
    One random (but would rather have holy in this role) to provide BoM/BoW + one random to give BoW to hunters, ret/prot palas and enh shammies.
    OR
    One holy for BoW + one ret/holy-ret for BoM.
    ).

When was the last time you saw four paladins in a raid, sans VoA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrera
    It might a l2p-issue but then other classes are just too face roll compared to ele shamans.

10+ Year Old Account

But why don't they just stack? Do the totems get angry if someone is blessed? Or do the blessings see the totems as evil and don't allow their buffs?

Sure people will say it's OP to have both! But so what? Isn't the point of a buff to make you stronger?
    For the Emperor.