Healing Marrowgar

First, I'll preface this with I'm not in a 1337 guild that has ToGC 25(or 10) on farm status. We primarily do 10 mans and an occasional 25 man. I'm pretty confident in my understanding and ability to tree-heal as I've been doing it for a couple years now.

We had some trouble with Marrowgar: trying to keep the tanks up through the spike damage plus the raid healed. I ran with a resto shammy(who is equally geared) and on the last couple attempts a holy pally(we were two healing up to that point).

Now the tanks we had was an offspec warrior who does have some pretty decent tank gear and an alt someone brought in because none of our main tanks were available. I'm pretty critical of myself so I came to ask if anyone has some advice to give me.

Here is my armory(yes, the wrist enchant is 23 instead of 30 sp and trinkets are pretty out of date): http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ringer&n=Tyrre

Re: Healing Marrowgar

It sucks... hoping it's the "healing test" of the instance.

Biggest thing to keep in mind that if he's casting spike, he's not doing his cleave deal. That means that you can refresh hots, beacon, etc at that time without risking a cleave combo while you're doing that.

Pray healers dont get spiked mid-phase 1, lol.

the question is, then ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Artur994
    No, i want a goddamn tank which carrys 5 people inc you and shoots gnomes with laser eyes from a big-ass cannon at the front of it. I want my tank to convert to a goddamn armored zepellin which shoots flying laser sharks when i click a goddamn button. I want it to have an in-built computer, with garrosh's personality. I want it to have a GODDAMN VENDOR WHICH SELLS EPICS AND FREE GL0DZ.

/endthread

10+ Year Old Account

Assuming you're talking about 10m here. I'd suggest bringing a third healer for learning the encounter, possibly a holy paladin or priest of any flavor. Beacon, pw:s/CoH/priest cooldowns are great for this fight.

The fight is definitely tough to heal. You'd want very well geared tanks in there with mostly ilvl 232 gear as they take a lot of damage especially with the reduction in avoidance. You also want to have 3 healers, definitely not 2 as you'll probably become overahelmed easily that way. All 3 healers should be focused on the tank the majority of the fight, stopcasting to ensure they can land a heal quickly if needed. We had a holy pally on the tanks which is the best healer for this fight hands down, a disc priest on one tank and me as a holy priest on raid heals and back-up tank while there was no raid dmg to heal through. Basically I healed up any dmg the raid took right away and then went back to spamming tanks. Tanks dieing was our biggest challenge in the encounter but it was defeinitely doable. The guild I am in just does 10 mans mostly with a few 25s here and there and had cleared up to Twins on TOC hardmode before we stopped due to attendance conflicts and such.

Overall though a great first fight for ICC, basicalyl a gear check which I like.

It isnt very hard at all. I would say your issues were a combo of group make up and offspec/alt tanks.

While Druids and Shamans are decent/good single target healers they both excell as raid healers. I think you would have done better either with a 3rd single target healer (pally/disc priest) or just switching one (druid/shaman) out for a holy pally.

Sunwell radiance isnt an issue at all unless your tanks/healers are undergeared. The AoE damage in pretty minimal in 10 man unless you have people not killing the spikes or standing in fire...

10+ Year Old Account

I was having the same issue. Our tanks were pretty geared, our healers are pretty equally geared (Tree, restosham, and Hpriest), and our dps was, alright to put it lightly (some rng on the spikes). Healing it was a NIGHTMARE. After quite a few wipes, we decided to call it.

I thought the encounter was pretty fun to heal as a tree myself. Just make sure people are freeing up the person who gets stuck on the twig and that your tanks *NEED* to stack to absorb the saber lash and thats about it.

2 man healed 10 man this morning and it was the most fun ive had healing in a while. We pushed about 4-5 khps the entire time - a shammy and myself.

I found some of the trash to be the hardest

Pushing new content i recommend a little extra on mana generation so take some flask of pure mojo's with ya if you have decent SP already.. (just found it helps since things get a little dragged out while learning the fights)

i play pally heals.

we killed marrowgar last night on 10man.
    5 dps 2 tanks 3 healers.

for healers we had
    1 pally healer doing 5k+ hps
    shaman doing 3k hps
    holy priest doing 3k hps
    (according to my recount, i did 49.5% of the healing)

just to give you an idea of the output we had to make the kill happen. we prolly wiped 5 times. 1st try we got him to 20%. 2nd try got him to below 1% ( he had 101k hp left >.<) and the rest of the tries either a tank got jibbed or a healer.

with a better healer it could've been 2 healed. but our dps kinda sucked too. it was a really fun and healing intensive fight.

edit: and bring a paladin. we are just kings at keeping lifebars full

Thanks for the replies! We'll definately run with a third healer and hopefully we'll get some main specced tanks in our next run.

2healing it is hard business in 10man. My guild successfully did it Wednesday with myself (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...dare&n=Kylista) and another holy priest friend/pug(http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Durbanposion). Obv we're a bit better geared due to running 25mans, but it was doable. We had the hardest time when one of us got spiked, and the other priest ended up Guardian spiriting one tank while healing the other and letting the gs'd one "die". by the time he was healed by gs, the other priest was broken out of a spike.

I've noticed on 10man marrowgar that if your dps are doing their job, you dont need to immediately heal someone who gets spiked. Our dps were usually broken out of the spikes before they hit 20% health, so we could keep healing tanks until they were at a reasonable health and then worry about raid healing or just throwing a renew on the spiked target.

My advice to you is save instant heals for moments where you have to A:move out of fire, B: heal after coming out of a spike, C: right after whirlwind.

Raid damage isnt that bad if they are paying attention and really only need to heal them when whirlwind is happening, so focus on keeping the tank topped off.

I would bring 3 healers - make sure the dps is bringing down the spikes asap.
    Very easy fight otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorgana
    I would bring 3 healers - make sure the dps is bringing down the spikes asap.
    Very easy fight otherwise.
    Personally, i found it to be better in 2 heals, the extra dps makes a world of difference in gettingt he boss down and spikes down faster.

Also, you said that you're a druid - make sure you got your haste up - the change to our talents can really make or break you're healing strategy if you have crummy haste - farm those heroic badges, get your four piece t9 and have fun! (ilvl 245 t9 that is)

I haven't done marrowgar at all, but I'd imagine that if it's an HPS fight, rapid rejuv will do better than innervate glyph.

And as said, swap out for haste. Everything above 400 (or whatever the # is) haste will cause your nourish to go below 1sec, yes, but it's still great in general, esp with rapid rejuv.

it's not hard at all, my guild ran 3 10man groups with 2 healers each and cleared it with no issues (except for couple of people dying right after the bonestorm =\ )

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

idk, our resto druid stood in the fire the whole time while healing himself and was yelling in vent "see the fire doesnt hurt," while our disc priest and holy pally basically healed the tanks