Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Main spec>off spec right?

Ugh just a random rant, got a tank-signed up as a tank) DK rolling on dps gear-because we find out later his off spec is dps and he loves dps. This is not a rant agaisnt losing loot iv lost loot manytimes before and it happens whatever-however I never lost loot to some guys offspec I always assumed mainspec>offspec....

Ahh whatever rant over

Re: Main spec>off spec right?

That made no sense what so ever sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellevad View Post
    The polymorph turtle doesn't walk slower than the polymorph sheep. It's just a bit less likely to be hit on by a welshman

Elitist Group addon. Tells you what GS won't!

this has gots to be best topic since Return of the Ninja.

10+ Year Old Account

So you got a DK with his main spec being tank into your group and he rolled on DPS items over dps ?
    Max size for signatures on this website is 500x100 and file size of 50kb

100px height can make it hard to get a lot of things into the signature, just a general note for everyone making requests!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque
    Ugh just a random rant, got a tank-signed up as a tank) DK rolling on dps gear-because we find out later his off spec is dps and he loves dps. This is not a rant agaisnt losing loot iv lost loot manytimes before and it happens whatever-however I never lost loot to some guys offspec I always assumed mainspec>offspec....

Ahh whatever rant over
    need before vendor. main/offspec doesn't matter. (and you should actually call it current spec/other spec..because if my main spec is dps and I tank, you will QQ if I roll on dps gear)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted

heh. guess that was me on my DK (or some1 else with the same intentios)

joining with offspec tank since it goes fast an roll on dps stuff ofc. if u dont agree on it wait for another tank.

Deleted

Less pugging leads to less problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac
    Less pugging leads to less problems.
    Making loot rules clear before you begin the instance leads to less problems. Don't EVER assume that other players feel the same way that you do about loot, no matter how much sense it makes to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorque
    Making loot rules clear before you begin the instance leads to less problems. Don't EVER assume that other players feel the same way that you do about loot, no matter how much sense it makes to you.
    ^this. When will everyone finally get this.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Zharkoon
    heh. guess that was me on my DK (or some1 else with the same intentios)

joining with offspec tank since it goes fast an roll on dps stuff ofc. if u dont agree on it wait for another tank.

Usually DKs like that are also the ones that are terribad tanks and lead to a group wipe.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Ah well. Crit happens.

Had the same experience in Forge of Souls with the ArP trinket from the last boss. Me on my DK, another DK tank and a DPS warrior, since I had the trinket I couldn't roll on it, but the tanking DK and Warrior both rolled on it. Luckily the Warrior won, but I've always thought it's common sense that if you join a group as a tank, you will get tanking loot. If you want DPS loot then join up as DPS, I'm a DK aswell and I don't run as tank to get tanking gear and DPS gear.
    If you REALLY insist on rolling on DPS gear as a tank, you should inform the party at the start of the instance if it's ok. If it's not ok, leave and you'll get a new group, if it's ok then fine, take the upgrades.
    I haven't seen plate DPS rolling on tanking gear if it's an upgrade to the tank, common sense should apply vice versa aswell.

Problem is that with the new DE roll u have to roll Need even for ofspecc or ur nice ofspecc item might get nuked by someone rolling de. This is cos DE is just a Greed roll, but u get shard instead of item

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelian
    Problem is that with the new DE roll u have to roll Need even for ofspecc or ur nice ofspecc item might get nuked by someone rolling de. This is cos DE is just a Greed roll, but u get shard instead of item
    You're right, but that's a whole new problem. I've been lucky enough on my Druid to get offspec loot when an enchanter was not present to DE it (cloth boots for Resto spec, couldn't roll need on them).
    I'd like there to be like a "Mainspec" "Offspec" "Greed" "Disenchant" "Pass" roll, that way everybody would get to chance to roll, though as the topic, tanks with offspec will still "Mainspec" the DPS things because they are tanking as offspec, and the funny thing is, when a tanking piece drops they "Mainspec" that aswell, since it's an upgrade and start whining when anybody else rolls on it.
    Just have to pray to get pugged with people with common sense and understanding, like most of my pugs so far have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    need before vendor. main/offspec doesn't matter. (and you should actually call it current spec/other spec..because if my main spec is dps and I tank, you will QQ if I roll on dps gear)
    Anyone rolling need for his other spec when there are people in the group who need for their current spec will be looked at as ninjas by me and most people i know.
    I don't care what you look at as your mainspec, the spec you came to the instance as is what you have as current mainspec to those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Djomka
    I've always thought it's common sense that if you join a group as a tank, you will get tanking loot
    So, when I join on my 245ilvl+ geared tank (which frankly doesn't need anything from 5mans) on your pug to get my dps gear fixed for some parts, I'm not allowed? Use your brains, please. I always que as tank, cba to wait 10 minutes everytime as dps, plus instances go faster when I tank em. I'm not some bluegear guy you are carrying and happens to roll on your loot, you are those bluegear guys I'm carrying, you are rolling on my loots.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia
    I don't care what you look at as your mainspec, the spec you came to the instance as is what you have as current mainspec to those people.
    And those same people complain the shortage of tanks. AND require overgeared tank for any pug they go (especially raids, you can see that happening everyday). See what I did there?
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

Quote Originally Posted by Sharaki
    So, when I join on my 245ilvl+ geared tank (which frankly doesn't need anything from 5mans) on your pug to get my dps gear fixed for some parts, I'm not allowed? Use your brains, please. I always que as tank, cba to wait 10 minutes everytime as dps, plus instances go faster when I tank em. I'm not some bluegear guy you are carrying and happens to roll on your loot, you are those bluegear guys I'm carrying, you are rolling on my loots.

i agree with this dude. i'm a very geared druid and i'd like to think my main spec is tank but the truth is i dont really have a main spec because i'm constantly getting asked to perform in all sourts of specs, and rockass at it. so if that shit drops i'm damn sure gonna roll on it. i need that offspec shit damnit. wtb quadspec

Quote Originally Posted by Sharaki
    And those same people complain the shortage of tanks. AND require overgeared tank for any pug they go (especially raids, you can see that happening everyday). See what I did there?
    This^^ I tank on my DK as I find it fun and it's very fast to get a group (instant on my realm/Battlegroup). Depending who else joins wearing plate we have a chat and make some sort of agreement before the inevitable QQ from not discussing it beforehand. I also tell EVERY random group now to roll need on orbs as some realms roll greed some need and that causes outrage too.