Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Sliver of Pure Ice healer trink or heal/dps trink

Quote Originally Posted by Aloo
    Arcane mages love mana more than any healer, as previously mentioned the goal of arcane is to finish the fight with 0 mana. If a healer finishes a fight with 0 mana, well something isn't right.
    See how what you just said doesn't make sense? You love mana more than a healer, but the healer can't risk running oom while you can. If you oom all that happens is you stop doing damage, the boss probably still dies. If a healer runs completely oom then somebody is going to die, if that somebody is the tank then the raid will wipe.

Healers have to gear not just for sufficient mana, but for mana sufficient for bad to worst cases. DPS just gears for sufficient. Some healers as individuals may find they no longer need more regen, or are actively seeking to trade regen for throughput. However taking the role as a whole, mana is and will always be more important for healers than dps - yes even arcane mages.

10+ Year Old Account

that trinket is..

SP and MP5.... yeh cause MP5 gear is for Caster dps

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdance
    my gm apologized and said that he wouldnt let dps roll on it anymore, but the mage is still wearing the item which bothers me because it was actually a downgrade for her.
    Jesus stop b*tching about your guild already. You're in a fail guild, we get that. Either find a new one or stfu. I'm sure your gm will read all this shit you said about him and gkick you anyway.
    Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?

Having a mage take this is not the end of the world, but it shows that the people you are playing with dont really do their class research.
    Some people will say "Its only a game, I dont spend my life reading stats/ best in slot lists"
    Personally, I think that doing a half hour of reading makes the game that much more enjoyable because you know what you are doing.

For new people that like doing a little reading to improve play:
    http://elitistjerks.com has really good theorycrafting forums
    http://www.tankspot.com has amazing boss videos
    Check out the forums and what gear/ specs top guilds are using- Premonition, Ensidia etc

Quote Originally Posted by Edeila
    tbh it a healing trinket with the exception of an arcane mage, who tends to blow through their mana fairly quickly. Even with that said I'm pretty sure there's better regen trinkets out there then that for arc mages... example the 128int /600sp use. Though I don't play a mage so I'm merely accounting for the fact they get 15%mana (equiv to pallies) Evo every 2mins (30% to mana per min) and the fact they get Spellpower from int rather then just getting pure mana back.
    Really this isn't even true anymore. It used to be a while ago, but right now I have more mana issues as fire than when I play arcane usually. Even if this wasn't the case, 1600 mana isn't going to somehow save the arcane mage. It is just an insignificant amount of mana.

ANY raid leader that thinks any dps caster should be using mana return trinkets doesn't know how to play dps casters well. All they are doing is prolonging the fight since the casters will be doing less dps.