Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Resto Druid Guide - Updated for 3.3

crit is an unreliable rng stat to stack your better off going for more haste and once capped just stack sp. You get plenty of crit from talents and gear and buffs to use nourish/regrowth well

Thank you so much for such an informative post. I'm not even a druid, and I enjoyed reading it. I wish other forums would have such thorough posts.

I've been thinking of starting on a new realm w/RL friends. I play a holy priest. After reading this post, I may actually start a healing druid to try something new. This guide will be very useful.

Thanks

T10 4. Setbonus is Joke only true? 2%

thank you this post is great.

I have a question for everyone. I just heal, and have used my same old build since 3.1 and come to think of it I have never changed build or glyphs
    I am using 4 piece t9 set. and some 245 items wish I had more

I have not given much thought to rapid rejuv but when it was first talked about it I thought wow 2 rejuv glyphs and machine gun healing.
    but does anyone use the glyph and should I consider it?
    I get bounced all over the place on healing (my shaman swaps out a glyph and next job boss) but for my tree its always been raid healing.
    Running around taking care of everyone. Some times I think its easy and at other times I am thinking dps would be fun LOL

been messing with bear form and missed everything when 3.3 came out. I heal but I know that things have changed and I need to get back in there and change if I have to.

I keep a stack of nourish, rapid rejuv, rejuv, and WG glyphs with me at all times. If i'm healing 10 mans, i'll take the WG glyph out in favor of rapid rejuv. Leaving me with swiftmend/nourish/rapid rejuv.

For 25's i'll usually use WG/SM/rapid rejuv.

When we get into progression fights where the raid damage is a lot more significant then i'll use the regular rejuv glyph. Though to be honest, I haven't used the glyph since firefighter.

changing your glyphs is a good way to maximize your effectiveness from fight to fight without having to change specs.

agreed i always carry the core glyphs on me to swap out on a moments notice, i have done some testing on the new rapid rejuv glyph and the decreased time between heals is definitly a plus which scales to your haste, only downfalls are to fights like Heroic Twins where stacking the raid with rejuvs is mandatory and where having those extra secounds of rejuv ticking on everyone really really helps. otherwise i hvnt done much experimenting with it in icc i will on thursday with the new content (fesertergut and professor putricide) ill post back on my findings

well right now I am gearing both bear and tree (never again) lol
    but I am just running the icc 5mans and getting badges in reg dungeons.
    I was worried that in the rush at the first part of HOR that the rapid rejuv might be
    a loss instead of a gain. But I can spam it I guess but with only 150 haste and 4p T9 gear I don't think
    it would make much difference.

Hi Kam. It's been a while. Obviously I'm not in Reprisal anymore. :P Good to see you're still around.

Updated the Haste information with two new additions: How to calculate "Total Haste Percent" and how to find the "Time between ticks of Rapid Rejuvenation." As you'll notice in the second of these (time between rapid rejuv ticks), it's impossible to get the ticks down to 1 second. Getting them to 2 seconds requires you to be at the haste soft cap.

Shaman here, thinking of converting after losing so much HPS to you 'blanket-healing' bastards, even CH can't compete :P

This is my potential spec (raid healer as I am in a guild that will be farming 10-mans), please correct! Thanks

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0VGzu...VuVcsVo:xqAzm0

Our class is complex, and requires thought, but at the same time it's like... zoom zoom pewpew... know what I mean?

Sorry for the spelling , english isn´t my main laguaje =P
    Yes I..erm..I can see that...

read through ya guide and it mentions haste soft cap alot but i dont seem to see anywhere in the guide where it mentions what the soft cap actualy is anyone that can fill me in on this

Quote Originally Posted by shadowrune
    read through ya guide and it mentions haste soft cap alot but i dont seem to see anywhere in the guide where it mentions what the soft cap actualy is anyone that can fill me in on this
    It's under the detailed stat breakdown for haste:

Both haste buffs (8%)
    736 haste rating (3/3 CF)
    856 haste rating (0/3 CF)

WoA alone (5%)
    856 haste rating (3/3 CF)
    980 haste rating (0/3 CF)

Moonkin/Swift Ret alone (3%)
    936 haste rating (3/3 CF)
    1063 haste rating (0/3 CF)

No haste buffs
    1063 haste rating (3/3 CF)
    1193 haste rating (0/3 CF)

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Elemention
    Shaman here, thinking of converting after losing so much HPS to you 'blanket-healing' bastards, even CH can't compete :P

This is my potential spec (raid healer as I am in a guild that will be farming 10-mans), please correct! Thanks

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0VGzu...VuVcsVo:xqAzm0
    Your spec looks fine. You should be able to drop a point from Subtlety to put in Tranquil Spirit but it's not a big deal and might be a personal preference thing.

Incidentally, any further queries you're probably better off putting in a new thread. This one should stick to info for the guide rather than individual questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowrune
    Degrador is correct that the soft caps do appear in the guide, but I should have been more clear where to look for them in the places where it was mentioned. I'll correct this (later). Sorry for the confusion.

I've slightly edited Nourish-based (Crit) Healer (11/0/60) (removing points from Nature's Grace, which reduces the cast time of Nourish to less than the GCD).

I've added a note indicating that I believe this is the "best" spec to take for a druid who does not need the points from Celestial Focus to be haste capped (or who would rather not sacrifice points to get CF even if they aren't haste capped).

But you forgot to name it 11/0/60 =P

That I did. :P

Brilliant Guide !!!!! You mention all the things i would like to say to fellow droods but never had the time to put them in writing!

Brillant guide.

But I have to adds some personal notes to the Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation:
    On fights with high AE dmg, like festergut or twins hc, I actually lose 2-3k hps using this glyph. On fights like rotface, where some people get high damage, this glyph gives me about 500 hps.
    You just have to watch out for hero/BL - using the glyph you always should remove it, as then rejuvs depending on your haste rating only last 8-10s on a target, which would be quite strong single heals, but until now there is no fight where this single heal for raid healing is necessary.

I disagree with your stat allocation in the highest level gear of Int > Mp5. There are still some fights, for example Twin Valks and Anub ToGC25, Putricide 25, Firefighter 25, Algalon 10/25, and the list goes on, where mana, even in the best gear, can be an extreme issue. Even with innervate and a Mana pot, I've seen my mana run dry on Festergut and Twin Valks.

Personally, I use the 10 mp5 chest enchant. +10 to all stats gives us +10 sp (which is 3.5 mp5 and 1.7 sp), and +10 int (which is ~600 mana). Given any fight that is 6 minutes or longer, the 10 mp5 out performs it.

Here is my armory.