Deleted

Can you give me some advice on my build?

I really cant see why my dps is so low when I see people saying that 10k dps should be no problem for mages and Im struggling to manage 7k

Can you give me some advice? eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/jaedenar/gazme/simple (wont let me do proper links yet, sry)

I was arcane and doing about 7k, rerolled fire and doing about the same. Ive reforged all my haste to crit and Im following the rotations on elitist jerks, yet still stuck on crappy dps

Rotation priority is basically:

LB whenever its not on.
    Scorch when the buff isnt on.
    Flame orb thing when its available.
    Fireballs til I get to about a quarter mana then scorches and very occasional fireballs til its back up.

It seems simple but I really suck Getting out DPSed by huntards and ret palas is incredibly lame. Im not hit capped for 88s but I think to 87 is fine for heroics...amiright?

Sorry for being a whiney noob, I quit soon after ICC came out and only restarted playing when Cata came about so I might be completely missing something new like with mastery...but I cant see it.

Would I be better to try frost? Ive seen plenty of posts saying fire and frost are the best...but not sure at what point they cross over each other due to how crap your gear is.

also...Ive been putting off buying decent gems since my DK just hit 525 jewelcrafting. What should you do with gems? The meta seems to need more blues than reds which really sucks. Stick purples in everything and 1 green/blue to top it off?
    Last edited by mmoc1b981ee731; 2010-12-15 at 04:36 PM.

I personally play arcane at the moment, because of my groups's synergy. But I would say that you definitely should focus on more crit, and also your haste is a little low for your gearlevel. Considering you aren't raiding yet, your hit cap isn't the issue. Another thing would be, are you using combustion correctly? You can easily mess that up if you don't have a lot of practice with fire. Make sure you crit with fireball, pyroblast and living bomb so that you can use the highest possible combustion on the target to do insane dmg. It is very difficult to time, but normally you will know when you just got a hot streak proc. Another thing would be try scorch weaving a little more to keep your mana around 50% so you dont go oom...

BUT i'd say go arcane and reforge all your haste into mastery because that's what I do and I am doing 13k dps with a 336 item level.

---------- Post added 2010-12-15 at 06:35 PM ----------

Another thing you could try to do is take the 2 points out of cauterize and put them in arcane concentration

10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend gemming straight intellect.. if you really want a meta gem for some reason use a destructive skyflare diamond for the 25 crit rating.. at least until they fix the ridiculous meta gem requirements.
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.