Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Have you guys ever seen a buf where...

Hey guys, long time reader of mmo, just never signed up before.. but something has been buging me and i thought you guys might have seen it.

I was in a group the other day doing a Heroic VH, and i had some odd buf pop up where my poisons where doing extra damage every time they hit.. and it kept refreshing.. Now i have tried to get this to proc again thinking it was something new in the 3.3 patch but i cant seem to find it.

I was grouped with a druid - shaman - paladin - warrior

It was a prity dam nice damage increase, yet i havent seen it again. I kept an eye out for it in 25 mans this week but no sign. Im starting to think i imagined it .

cheers ^^

Deleted

Re: Have you guys ever seen a buf where...

Which poisons are you using?

There's been a buff to Deadly Poison that procs your offhand poison when it's reached 5 stacks. If your other poison's a stacking one, too, it'll keep proccing and refreshing I suppose.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

MH - instant
    Off- Deadly

Im sure its not that as it would come up more often, this was like another buff i had from being grouped i think, it was like.. every time so and so procs x amount of dmg from posion. I think i really cant remember, hence the cryptic post as someone might know what im talking about :S

:facepalm:
    Read the 3.3.0 patch notes.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Do you use envenom? Of you don't maybe you hit it by accident and got that buff :

(http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=57993)

And maybe misread it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by ipresskeys View Post
    You just made me shit my pants..
    What a bunch of bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkfremin View Post
    Luckily, I never liked the guy that much, so his absence will not affect me in the slightest.

nope, hes correct, i got it in VH too

it had me confused so i checked my talents to see if any had been changed (as my rogue is my alt and nothing had for me (combat)

its a 30 minute buff with 99 stacks and a 30% change of applying a poison that deals 350 (or something around that number) dmg to enemies

i got it while in a random heroic group, at the time i wondered if it had something to do with the buff you get while in those groups, but i havnt gotten it since (and aint been in VH since either) so im not sure, it used the Tricks of the Trade icon though if that helps /shrug

This is the first time I hear someone else give an account of this "mystery buff". However, I'm pretty sure I had something similar when I did Old Kingdom HC once, but I've not seen it ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Valleera
    Which poisons are you using?

There's been a buff to Deadly Poison that procs your offhand poison when it's reached 5 stacks. If your other poison's a stacking one, too, it'll keep proccing and refreshing I suppose.
    This is the only thing I can think of... And it increases the amount of overall IP damage by about 10%! Really nice damage buff, but if it's not this; I have no idea what it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Javanface
    This is the first time I hear someone else give an account of this "mystery buff". However, I'm pretty sure I had something similar when I did Old Kingdom HC once, but I've not seen it ever again.
    this

Maybe the spell got copied into anoher npc's spelltable or something, but that buff has not been added to us Rogues intentionally.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Helansin
    nope, hes correct, i got it in VH too

it had me confused so i checked my talents to see if any had been changed (as my rogue is my alt and nothing had for me (combat)

its a 30 minute buff with 99 stacks and a 30% change of applying a poison that deals 350 (or something around that number) dmg to enemies

i got it while in a random heroic group, at the time i wondered if it had something to do with the buff you get while in those groups, but i havnt gotten it since (and aint been in VH since either) so im not sure, it used the Tricks of the Trade icon though if that helps /shrug
    Something def ike this... im not a nub its nothing to do with the the new mutilate system or envenom is these things would proc it more often ... yet this odd buf i have seen like ONCE. So... god knows

Quote Originally Posted by Bodsworth
    Something def ike this... im not a nub its nothing to do with the the new mutilate system or envenom is these things would proc it more often ... yet this odd buf i have seen like ONCE. So... god knows
    i can categorically state it has nothing to do with them, as i cant get them (im combat) its just a seemingly random buff that isnt intended to be thier it would seem

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Helansin
    i can categorically state it has nothing to do with them, as i cant get them (im combat) its just a seemingly random buff that isnt intended to be thier it would seem
    shame, as the dps from it was kind of sweet

It's called "Mixed poisons" or "Mixed toxins", can't remember which.

Quote Originally Posted by Aewyn89
    It's called "Mixed poisons" or "Mixed toxins", can't remember which.
    that one

Ah-ha!! I can help!!

It's a buff you can only get in OK when you first attack those spiders with poison, so it works for rogues and hunters.

TADA!!

EDIT: http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=56584

I saw it on my friend's pc when we were doing random heroics, it feel off soon after we read the debuff even though it had just under 30 minutes remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Àzäzel
    Ah-ha!! I can help!!

It's a buff you can only get in OK when you first attack those spiders with poison, so it works for rogues and hunters.

TADA!!

Yeah that's it, I assume it poofed because we noticed it at the end and after looking we zoned.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

so its OK buff? ok i must of dreamed it was in VH , oh well atleast i know what it is now..

cheers ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Àzäzel
    Ah-ha!! I can help!!

TADA!!

was about to post that
    Flesher, Shattered hand - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Flesher
    was about to post that
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by Bodsworth
    so its OK buff? ok i must of dreamed it was in VH , oh well atleast i know what it is now..

cheers ^^
    Hehe, me too o.o although i DID do OK right before i went VH yesterday so would explain it