Feral Tank questions (macros and addon)

Im fairly new to Feral.. let alone Feral Tank spec.

i have gear (ty blizzard for makin shit so easy) from badge loot and OS rolls.

are there any "must have" Macros or addons i should be aware of?

im not so worried about the addons unless there is one that shows threat on ALL targets in an AE mob pull or something..

im more focused on any Macros out there that tanks use...

plz and ty guys

Re: Feral Tank questions (macros and addon)

/cast Maul
    /cast Swipe

http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

What Cearat said.
    Macro all your skills with Maul
    As you will be spamming that always, one less button to push.

If I am not mistaken, I believe it's something like this:

#showtooltip
    /cast !Maul
    /cast whateverthefyouwant

I can be wrong though, as I am not a macro expert nor a Druid expert.
    This is just what I've heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    Going for avoidance is like playing Russian Roulette.
    Quote Originally Posted by GaaraofSand
    It's time to eat Grandpa!
    It's time to eat, Grandpa!

Grammar.. it saves lives.

There are some people that will macro Maul to queue with every tanking move they do, I suppose. I personally don't, since if you're in a rage-starved situation, my priorities shift and Maul being queued could potentially drain me of rage so Lacerate stack drops or any other rage ability can't be used when desired.

Addons... none? Omen is good enough, and I don't see why anyone would need more than that as a druid tank. Cooldowns/timers aren't hard to track with default blizz UI.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

As far as addons go, there's not really any necessary ones aside from omen. A couple ideas though:

Get a HUD addon. it gets your health right in the middle of the screen. If you have unit frames in the middle of your screen then there's no reason to get a HUD as the health updates are faster on unit frames than on a hud, but if you don't then you should definitely look into one.

Play around with nameplate addons. I use Tidyplates and there's a lot of skins for it. I just find it's a place where Blizz doesn't make optimal use of information and focuses too much on pretty graphics.

Sunn viewport allows you to make your viewing area a bit smaller so you can move your addons out of the screen. This is good to avoid having your action bars covering up an add that you should be tanking, but didn't see.

I have a lot other if you like.

As far as macros go, there's only a few that I can think of that are useful:

Many people on this forum advocate binding /maul to all of your abilities. When tanking raid bosses you will rarely be starved for rage so it will keep your hands from getting cramped up while smashing your maul key.

/cast growl
    /startattack
    I remember being in TBC and taunting enemies but not actually attacking them. Maybe I was really bad back then, but it's nice to have. You can pretty much assume that if you're selecting something, taunting it, then you want to be attacking it. You can't attack a target while having another one selected so you're not losing anything by attacking your target.

This one is taken from Wowwiki's Feral macros

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast Survival Instincts
    /cast Barkskin
    /cast Frenzied Regeneration
    /use Runic Healing Potion
    /use Master Heathstone
    /use 13
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1

It's a big mega emergency button. I wouldn't advise using it unless you're really going down and the boss is close to being dead or you're getting through a tough phase. the /use 13 triggers your second trinket's "on use" ability. Switch to /use 12 if your trinket is in the first slot.

The rest of feral macros are here: http://www.wowwiki.com/Useful_macros_for_druids
    I just don't find them all that useful.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...AloftBeta.html (Aloft) allows you to customize enemy nameplates to show the information you want it to show. What's particularly valuable for this as a tank is the ability to have it indicate which mobs you are losing, or no longer have aggro on (AOE tanking).

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic