Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Rolling Corruption bug is fixed.

May I have your attention?
    Here goes, taken from frontpage:

Rolling Corruptions no longer use the initial haste value indefinitely. This is really more of a bug fix than a nerf. The problem here was that players could inflate the initial cast of Corruption and have the spell tick for that damage indefinitely as long as it was refreshed. This resulted in some "jaw dropping" damage. Technically this was a tricky one to fix but we wanted to keep the Glyph of Quick Decay and were able to ultimately find a solution. When this fix goes live, the hasted Corruption should correct itself to your current haste within a tick or two of the spell being refreshed.

Ideally, we'd rather make changes while we're still in PTR before a patch goes live, but in the end we'd rather make changes than allow something imbalanced to continue just because we didn't change it pre-patch. To the community's credit, some players predicted these issues might become a problem. We appreciate the feedback as always, even if we don't always immediately make changes suggested by the community.

Re: Rolling Corruption bug is fixed.

GC posted:

I'll admit it required some level of sophistication to pull off. But we don't think it's fair to let some players do ridiculously high damage just because the average player can't do it.
    cough feral druids cough

This is just bullshit. Blizzard just hates our class, we had our shine in BC and now we are doomed to be the shittiest pure in the game forever. We can stay on the bosses in ICC, still be beaten by mages, rogues and hunters by a good amount, AND get yelled at for doing no damage to adds

OR

we can go destro and do CATASTROPHICALLY bad dps compared to the classes mentioned above.

Good job blizz

Good fucking job.

brb rolling mage.
    Have you ever wondered about if your mom ever kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob?

You are now.

Quote Originally Posted by angry bastard
    GC posted:

cough feral druids cough

This is just bullshit. Blizzard just hates our class, we had our shine in BC and now we are doomed to be the shittiest pure in the game forever. We can stay on the bosses in ICC, still be beaten by mages, rogues and hunters by a good amount, AND get yelled at for doing no damage to adds

OR

we can go destro and do CATASTROPHICALLY bad dps compared to the classes mentioned above.

Good job blizz

Good fucking job.

brb rolling mage.
    from a mage-wannabe class to a real mage. wise choise my friend
    blizzard doesnt hate u but its hard to fix your scaling in pve and not make u op in pvp.

I just want to be able to hit 2 buttons and kill everything in the world cos I get 8k dps and have sick burst like mages do right now. Raiding and PvP would be a joke, don't even need an intact brainstem to do well in either for that.

Mage gear scaling right now is still above warlock in any spec anyway.

Might as well go easymode.
    Have you ever wondered about if your mom ever kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob?

You are now.

They fixed a bug (remember vanilla rolling ignites?). Live with it.
    This space is available for rent!

This "bug" was just shy of making warlocks sort of competitive DPS wise with other pure classes, and even with it, we were still shy.

Now we're getting a 17% nerf, reducing us to the shittiest pure once more, and probably getting beat by atleast 2 hybrid classes.

Yeah, that's something we should all live with because it's fair and balanced.

You are now.

Deleted

GC posted:

cough feral druids cough

OR

Good job blizz

Good fucking job.

brb rolling mage.
    Every class forum whines about how Blizz hates there class, but when the class is overpowered OUCH than Blizz is your god.

I just want to be able to hit 2 buttons and kill everything in the world cos I get 8k dps and have sick burst like mages do right now. Raiding and PvP would be a joke, don't even need an intact brainstem to do well in either for that.

Mage gear scaling right now is still above warlock in any spec anyway.

Might as well go easymode.
    do u think that we enjoy our current rotation? its about being competitive and not. arcane is our best spec atm we have to play it if we want progress in pve. its that simple.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Breaker_KBL
    do u think that we enjoy our current rotation? its about being competitive and not. arcane is our best spec atm we have to play it if we want progress in pve. its that simple.
    Good players can dps in any specc and will progress. If a dps loss is so big that you can't progress in a specc than it will be fixed in a patch. (shamans and warriors are first thing to come up in first patch...are they fixed? Yes, atleast most of it)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac
    Every class forum whines about how Blizz hates there class, but when the class is overpowered OUCH than Blizz is your god.
    I already mentioned our short burst of shine in BC, but that's beside the point. When a pure DPS class is out DPS'ed by 2-3 hybrid classes, that tends to make the pure class dissatisfied for perfectly pragmatic reasons. Rogues were still out-DPSing afflocks with the rolling corruption, mages, locks and hunters were competing at a relatively equal level, and mages had to press 2 buttons to compete with an afflock with this "bug" active. Is that fair?

Then rogues got a 5% nerf, that's pretty bad and I dunno if they should have since rogues really should be top since they have so little raid utility and need to be high DPS to be brought into raids.

DK's got a SS nerf which was warranted but which Blizzard completely overshot and now no one will play UH until they make up for it again.

Warlock got a 17% nerf. By several orders of magnitude is this worse. If you can't comprehend that then please go fall into a lake of vomit and razors.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaker_KBL
    Exactly. I never enjoyed destro, I never enjoyed demo, and neither were competitive anyway. It was just the best we had, same with Ulduar 0/40/31 Demo which was out-DPSed by mages, ferals, DKs, etc, same with ToC Destro, same with current ICC 0/18/53 Strong Imp destro.

How would you feel if your class got nerfed to where Shamans, feral druids, DKs, warriors, and Boomkins out-DPSed you in any fight? Like things were working as intended because hybrid classes should do more damage than pure damage classes? Fair and balanced?

You are now.

Deleted

Well, as a SP we got the haste removed completely, be happy they at least tried to fix the bug for you and not just removing the whole idea. We had this bug like since forever, i wonder if they finally fixed it for us as well. From ptr to live it was about 500dps nerf, if i remember correctly.

It happened since pain and suffering was implemented (refreshed swp with mf) and it goes for crit and %based dmg increases (yay, gogo building 5xshadow weaving and then only cast swp if the mages/locks or shaman or boomkin haven`t been lazy and we have all the buffs to be able to get dmg into the dot).

I`m not sure if i want it fixed but would be a lot less hassle to keep everything up without having to constantly watch buffs and debuff on you/mobs.
    They should compensate though somewhere else.

I already mentioned our short burst of shine in BC, but that's beside the point. When a pure DPS class is out DPS'ed by 2-3 hybrid classes, that tends to make the pure class dissatisfied for perfectly pragmatic reasons. Rogues were still out-DPSing afflocks with the rolling corruption, mages, locks and hunters were competing at a relatively equal level, and mages had to press 2 buttons to compete with an afflock with this "bug" active. Is that fair?
    You were beating mages for the whole of BC + first 2 patches of WOTLK, afflic wasn't just barely competing with other casters it was ahead by a decent margin according to logs I've seen... Enjoy being relatively shit for a while but at least you're not in a sunwell-mage situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Waters
    You were beating mages for the whole of BC + first 2 patches of WOTLK, afflic wasn't just barely competing with other casters it was ahead by a decent margin according to logs I've seen... Enjoy being relatively shit for a while but at least you're not in a sunwell-mage situation.
    The first 2 patches of WotLK required afflic locks to keep track of CoA+Corr+UA+Immo+SL+Haunt+ImpSB timers. It was sort of similar to where feral druids are today, they were allowed to outDPS us in Ulduar and ToC because it's a complex rotation, and I still had to get my Doomguard up whenever possible back in the first WotLK patches to get a decent edge. It was still no where near the edge mages had on me in Ulduar and ToC by any measure, percentage wise or other. Enh shamans still kicked my ass in 3.0.2 and they were a hybrid. Warlocks have been shit for a while and then some already, but apparently you didn't notice.

In any case if you think everything should be about "making up for lost DPS in past history" then that's an idiotic sentiment. I'm talking about us being on par with each other, which this "fix" totally obliterates. I don't want to out-dps mages or hunters by a significant margin at all, not even close, I want us to be equal. Which we were, but now are no longer.

You are now.

First, i cannot understand why blizzard won't allow skilled players to perform better than average players. its no fun if anyone can perform the same.

Second. If they remove the rolling corr. buff they should increase the haunt duration.
    At the moment corr. will be buffed only a very short time considering how fast haunt needs to be refreshed.

15+ Year Old Account

This is just bullshit. Blizzard just hates our class
    For fixing a bug that any Warlock with half a brain (which you clearly lack) could abuse to do a substantial DPS increase. (over anywhere near an 'average' class dps pure or hybrid) Clearly you missed the night (or 3 depending where your at) of 'fun' Locks had and are bitter.

And I wouldn't bother rolling a mage if your struggling with a warlock. This shouldn't be a mage v lock QQ when there simply fixing a bug that allowed one person to gain an advantage over another abusing a never changing factor. You could kind of compare it to the Heroic Strike change Warriors went through that was simply a case of the person that could spam X button quicker would gain more TPS/DPS.

The first 2 patches of WotLK required afflic locks to keep track of CoA+Corr+UA+Immo+SL+Haunt+ImpSB timers. It was sort of similar to where feral druids are today, they were allowed to outDPS us in Ulduar and ToC because it's a complex rotation, and I still had to get my Doomguard up whenever possible back in the first WotLK patches to get a decent edge. It was still no where near the edge mages had on me in Ulduar and ToC by any measure, percentage wise or other. Enh shamans still kicked my ass in 3.0.2 and they were a hybrid. Warlocks have been shit for a while and then some already, but apparently you didn't notice.

In any case if you think everything should be about "making up for lost DPS in past history" then that's an idiotic sentiment. I'm talking about us being on par with each other, which this "fix" totally obliterates. I don't want to out-dps mages or hunters by a significant margin at all, not even close, I want us to be equal. Which we were, but now are no longer.
    It was a bug. It got fixed. Deal with it.

If your class's DPS is too low, that too needs to be fixed. But NOT BY A BUG.

If you cannot comprehend that very simple concept, please move along.

I'd be interested to know where you took your "17% nerf" from.
    Got out of fin air to back up your rant ?

Quote Originally Posted by Keh
    For fixing a bug that any Warlock with half a brain (which you clearly lack) could abuse to do a substantial DPS increase. (over anywhere near an 'average' class dps pure or hybrid) Clearly you missed the night (or 3 depending where your at) of 'fun' Locks had and are bitter.

And I wouldn't bother rolling a mage if your struggling with a warlock. This shouldn't be a mage v lock QQ when there simply fixing a bug that allowed one person to gain an advantage over another abusing a never changing factor. You could kind of compare it to the Heroic Strike change Warriors went through that was simply a case of the person that could spam X button quicker would gain more TPS/DPS.
    Hey look, a retard. And to answer Thalia as well:

FACTS-
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...isper/25N/dps/

Yeah afflic was doing lolsomuchmore than other pures, obviously.

Rogues were doing 9.5 to 10.5k on Deathwhisper
    The the nearest rogue to the best lock did 9.4k
    They nerfed the rogue 5%, he will do 8.9k DPS post nerf. As stated previously I was actually fine with pre-nerf rogue dps.

Afflocks rolling corr at best did 9.3k
    That lock did 44.9 % with his corr
    He managed to get corr ticking at 1.21S (rather clever and extreme)
    Lets assume with high haste and procs that lock average 2.0s on his corruption, which is highly unlikely, he will do 7.7k post nerf. Coincidentally this is a 17% reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42
    It was a bug. It got fixed. Deal with it.

If your class's DPS is too low, that too needs to be fixed. But NOT BY A BUG.
    I completely agree with this. The thing is, as stated previously, that we pointed it out on the PTR several times and got the feedback "working as intended, warlock DPS is fine now, not a bug".

Then live hits, we do competitive DPS, now it's a bug.

Is that a simple concept? Sure. Is it simple when Blizzard takes the concept and warps it into their on proprietary bizarro-logic? Not so much.

You are now.

just stay calm i´d say.
    Warlocks are the infinite whiner class and so they will whine until they are N° 1 in the DMG charts again while pressing one button, like they did for Example in TBC.

Dont be afraid your time will come.

Its kinda funny that this is the bug that has been going on with shadow priests crit modifier forever right?