Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which glyph for holy spec?

Hi all pallies!
    I've been healing for a long time and looked at many different holy specs and glyphs.
    And i think more and more are beginning to get Glyph of Seal of Light.
    So i wanna know, do you think i should change Glyphs?
    I think I'm gonna choose one of theese two (that's because i already have Glyph of Flash of Light):

Glyph of Holy Light
    or
    Glyph of Holy Shock
    or
    Glyph of Seal of Light

Anyone who can help me? Or might tell me if i should choose another one.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Which glyph for holy spec?

HS + FoL + SoL (FoL spam)

OR

BoL + HL + SoW (HL spam)

Seal of Light shouldn't be a consideration until you have no other mana regen options to remove

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Seal of Light shouldn't be a consideration until you have no other mana regen options to remove
    FoL spam/PvP paladins have less mana issues to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by themalediva
    (that's because i already have Glyph of Flash of Light):
    Assuming that means you wanna be a flash spammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    HS + FoL + SoL (FoL spam)

FoL spam/PvP paladins have less mana issues to deal with.

PvP paladins have less mana issues? Good joke.

Fine thanks for all the replies.
    I have changed HL to SoL, just to see how i works.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss

PvP paladins have less mana issues? Good joke.
    FoL paladins (which reside in 2s) have little to no mana issues.

I'm rolling the 2nd.

FoL paladins (which reside in 2s) have little to no mana issues.
    I'm sorry, what?

First: Paladins can be easily outmanaed at 2s. We have no way to stop innervates, we often can't stop priests channeling. Priests and shamans can dispell our plea, druids can cyclone it. Holy paladins hardly can drink. We cannot do anything to stop their mana regen, other than breaking mana totems. We can't go to bear form to avoid mana burns, leaving us no option but to eat it if you can't los. Before saying that paladins should not have mana problems using FoL, please play one before (at a decent rating).

Second: What the holy...? Do you really think paladins are holy light spammers at 3s and 5s? lol. I don't think I've casted a Holy Light at a arena for more than a month now. I do not dare to cast a Holy Light when there is any good player with interrupts on the other team. Of course if you are playing a lolplatecleave you might have room for Holy Light chain casting, but arena is not all about cleaving, you know. I really would like to see a Holy Light without Light's Grace not Aura Mastery beeing casted against a 2400+ RPM.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm sorry, what?

First: Paladins can be easily outmanaed at 2s. We have no way to stop innervates, we often can't stop priests channeling. Priests and shamans can dispell our plea, druids can cyclone it. Holy paladins hardly can drink. We cannot do anything to stop their mana regen, other than breaking mana totems. We can't go to bear form to avoid mana burns, leaving us no option but to eat it if you can't los. Before saying that paladins should not have mana problems using FoL, please play one before (at a decent rating).

Second: What the holy...? Do you really think paladins are holy light spammers at 3s and 5s? lol. I don't think I've casted a Holy Light at a arena for more than a month now. I do not dare to cast a Holy Light when there is any good player with interrupts on the other team. Of course if you are playing a lolplatecleave you might have room for Holy Light chain casting, but arena is not all about cleaving, you know. I really would like to see a Holy Light without Light's Grace not Aura Mastery beeing casted against a 2400+ RPM.
    In 2s you have more "leeway" with BoL and there is generally less damage flying around that needs to be covered. As for the dispell, thats where your partner comes in. You also have a greater chance to use SoW for some passive mana regen. It all depends on your setup and the enemy's comp. Obviously against specific comps you will have a harder time with mana.

Did I say Holy Paladins spam a 2.5 second cast in 3s and 5s? No.

In 2s you have more "leeway" with BoL and there is generally less damage flying around that needs to be covered. As for the dispell, thats where your partner comes in. You also have a greater chance to use SoW for some passive mana regen. It all depends on your setup and the enemy's comp. Obviously against specific comps you will have a harder time with mana.

Did I say Holy Paladins spam a 2.5 second cast in 3s and 5s? No.
    I really want to know a partner that can give me dispell protection. Last time I checked Purge and Dispell Magic were instant cast with a good range. The only way a holy paladin can resist dispell is sacred cleanse, and, if you have sacred cleanse, it's impossible to have Light Grace or Judgement of the Pure, no you can't cast holy lights at all.

If you don't know how to Holy arena works, don't talk about it. I don't how ret works, so I don't say anything about it because i might be very wrong. Reading forums is very diferent from actually playing arenas.

15+ Year Old Account

I really want to know a partner that can give me dispell protection. Last time I checked Purge and Dispell Magic were instant cast with a good range. The only way a holy paladin can resist dispell is sacred cleanse, and, if you have sacred cleanse, it's impossible to have Light Grace or Judgement of the Pure, no you can't cast holy lights at all.

If you don't know how to Holy arena works, don't talk about it. I don't how ret works, so I don't say anything about it because i might be very wrong. Reading forums is very diferent from actually playing arenas.
    No, again you are taking what I said out of context. You're partner is there to stop mana burns, to stop interrupt the HoH, etc. etc.

And also, we DO have dispel protection. Learn your class and invest points outside of a 71/0/0 build.

No, again you are taking what I said out of context. You're partner is there to stop mana burns, to stop interrupt the HoH, etc. etc.

And also, we DO have dispel protection. Learn your class and invest points outside of a 71/0/0 build.
    Learn to armory? You really should check something like this before posting this.

I really want to know a partner that can give me dispell protection. Last time I checked Purge and Dispell Magic were instant cast with a good range.
    Boxes and pillars. Learn them. Love them.

If you pop plea in a situation where its going to be dispelled soon after, then you shouldn't have popped it.

15+ Year Old Account

Learn to armory? You really should check something like this before posting this.
    L2 Sarcasm and understand that we do have dispel protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu
    Boxes and pillars. Learn them. Love them.

If you pop plea in a situation where its going to be dispelled soon after, then you shouldn't have popped it.
    Slows. Stuns. Fears. Deathgrip. Pillars going down at RoV. Arenas are not perfect. Actually, the biggest point at arenas is to not let the other team play. That is called CC.

L2 Sarcasm and understand that we do have dispel protection.
    So you should learn to read. I never said we don't have. Actually, you should know we have two: Stocism and Sacred Cleanse. What I did say is that no partner can help us against dispells.

How priests can stop your mana regen: Mana Burn, Dispell Magic, Mass Dispell, Break Totems, fear (interrupt).
    How shamans can stop your mana regen: Purge, Break totems, interrupt.
    How druids can stop your mana regen: Cyclone, break totems, interrupt.
    How paladins can stop your mana regen: break totems, interrupt.

Its fun how paladins are the only class that can't actually dispell or banish a mana regen.

15+ Year Old Account

Slows. Stuns. Fears. Deathgrip. Pillars going down at RoV. Arenas are not perfect. Actually, the biggest point at arenas is to not let the other team play. That is called CC.

So you should learn to read. I never said we don't have. Actually, you should know we have two: Stocism and Sacred Cleanse. What I did say is that no partner can help us against dispells.

How priests can stop your mana regen: Mana Burn, Dispell Magic, Mass Dispell, Break Totems, fear (interrupt).
    How shamans can stop your mana regen: Purge, Break totems, interrupt.
    How druids can stop your mana regen: Cyclone, break totems, interrupt.
    How paladins can stop your mana regen: break totems, interrupt.

Its fun how paladins are the only class that can't actually dispell or banish a mana regen.
    You can't interrupt DP mana- DP is not channeled.
    Cyclone also does NOT interrupt DP mana gain.

What you listed above are ways that the healer can stop Other healers from gaining mana, which in turn goes full circle to my earlier point of having your partner do it for you. Its not my fault if your partner does not know how to Charge/intercept or Pummel.

Cyclone also does NOT interrupt DP mana gain.
    You can make some seriously fun jokes. Or do you really belive in what you are saying? This just shows how you understand about pvping lol

And my partner is fine, he just doesn't have the new glyph that makes Charge dispell Innvervate (you see, i learned sarcasm thanks for the tip)

15+ Year Old Account

You can make some seriously fun jokes. Or do you really belive in what you are saying? This just shows who you understand about pvping lol
    I know it turns off passive auras, but not 100% sure on buffs.

Either case, it falls on a pro-active thing. If you see the druid catsing cyclone, have your Mage buddy CS them. If they are a healer, that means that they have to drop out of tree form for the duration of the cast which hinder's their defenses.