How did this happen?

Hi guys.
    In june or so, i quitted, and now just yesterday i recieved this email, and i got 7 days for free of gametime from blizzard. (Obviously theyre trying to make inactive people start again). And i googled it, and saw this article about this email, and that it was real and everything.

So i figured i'd login and say hi to old pals. I created a battle account, merged it with my Wow account and logged in. Everything was fine. And now, today i couldnt login because the password was wrong. I noticed i had a new email that said my pw was changed. I recovered it, and i was hacked as i thought.

I dont understand HOW it happened though. I have never shared any personal information, my secret answer, my password and everything was totally random and safe, and i have never recieved any files, or downloaded any wow related stuff. I don't have a clue what's happened. Anyone have any ideas? ;D

Re: How did this happen?

What do you mean you don't understand? You got a keylogger visiting a site you shouldn't have, and now they have your information.

The only sites i've visited, is sites like ebay, mail, facebook etc. Trusted sites i know, so i doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Langebrød
    The only sites i've visited, is sites like ebay, mail, facebook etc. Trusted sites i know, so i doubt it.
    I know this is going to blow your mind, but even trusted sites can carry malware. Hackers are always changing methods to stay one step ahead. Facebook has been the victim of worms a few times. If you think visiting big name sites is 100% safe then you should learn to like a zombified computer.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

No this was legit. If you log on your battle.net account you get a free 7 day credit if your account is inactive. He just had a keylogger on his comp I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma6987

IT WAS UP HILL BOTH WAYS IN FREEZING FROST SHOCKS AND VIOLENT 2HAND WINDFURY CRITS WHILE BEING REPEATEDLY AMBUSHED, BACKSTABBED, AND SAPPED THE WHOLE WAY! AND WE DIDN'T COMPLAIN! ([size=6pt]we did.[/size]) WE LIKED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Promark
    I know this is going to blow your mind, but even trusted sites can carry malware. Hackers are always changing methods to stay one step ahead. Facebook has been the victim of worms a few times. If you think visiting big name sites is 100% safe then you should learn to like a zombified computer.
    Unfortunately this is not paranoia, it's truth.