How much haste till 1.00

Hi,

I'm trying to find out, how much haste I need for my PvP disc priest, to make my instants be 1.00 sec with BT up.

I will have the 6% haste talent, and 25 from borrowed time.

How much haste % and haste rating do I need do achieve this goal?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&cn=Jeffx

Re: How much haste till 1.00

Around 433 haste rating which comes to around 13% haste.

Are you sure?

25 + 6 + 13 = 44%.

44% from 1.5 sec = 0.66 =

0.84 globals?!

Haste doesn't work like that. Hasted cast time = base cast time / (1 + haste expressed as a decimal). You need a total of 50% haste to get 1 second globals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffx
    Are you sure?

25 + 6 + 13 = 44%.

44% from 1.5 sec = 0.66 =

0.84 globals?!
    Haste % is multiplicative so it is more like:
    25% * 6% * 13% = ~50%

You are questioning my math when it is clear you do not know the formula/basic mechanics of haste? If you are going to try and discrediting someone, do some research first because that is what most people will tell you to do if you ask such a simple question.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    Around 433 haste rating which comes to around 13% haste.
    13% haste is the correct percentage figure and 13% is also correct because haste percentages are certainly multiplicative, however it takes 32.79 haste rating for 1% spell haste meaning you'd require 426.27 haste rating (not 433)... i'm not sure if that figure will round up or down, so 427 might be the safe number... sure minor difference but figure i'd point it out.

Having said that, considering you need to use a GCD to get borrowed time active and that GCD wouldn't be 1 sec, I don't see why a disc priest would want to stop at 427 haste rating.... further haste rating will lower the GCD on your first PW:S and penance spells... so i'd probably stick with the thought of simply getting as much haste as you can (sensibly of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    13% haste is the correct percentage figure and 13% is also correct because haste percentages are certainly multiplicative, however it takes 32.79 haste rating for 1% spell haste meaning you'd require 426.27 haste rating (not 433)... i'm not sure if that figure will round up or down, so 427 might be the safe number... sure minor difference but figure i'd point it out.

Having said that, considering you need to use a GCD to get borrowed time active and that GCD wouldn't be 1 sec, I don't see why a disc priest would want to stop at 427 haste rating.... further haste rating will lower the GCD on your first PW:S and penance spells... so i'd probably stick with the thought of simply getting as much haste as you can (sensibly of course).
    The 13% I gave was a ball park estimate of the % haste the amount of haste rating would give(actually is ~13.21%). ~433 haste rating is the exact amount, depending if you round up or down, needed to get GCD down to 1s during BT for a disc spec.

But I do agree, getting the GCD down to 1 sec for only BT is pretty useless, since it does not have a 100% uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    The 13% I gave was a ball park estimate of the % haste the amount of haste rating would give(actually is ~13.21%). ~433 haste rating is the exact amount, depending if you round up or down, needed to get GCD down to 1s during BT for a disc spec.

But I do agree, getting the GCD down to 1 sec for only BT is pretty useless, since it does not have a 100% uptime.
    ah, my spreadsheet was roudning to 2 decimal places, my mistake.

Thanks a lot, and I didn;t doubt your math, I wanted you to enlighten me about my obvious math mistake.

1 question: 433 haste will get me to 1 sec.

Is this with both BT AND 6% enlight talent?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffx
    Thanks a lot, and I didn;t doubt your math, I wanted you to enlighten me about my obvious math mistake.

1 question: 433 haste will get me to 1 sec.

Is this with both BT AND 6% enlight talent?
    Yes. 433 Haste Rating will get you to a 1s GCD assuming BT and Enlightenment.

Lot of math in here.

Bottom line get enlightenment and BT and get 500+ haste, do it and you succeed.