Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: My first million gold :)

This isn't really an ACHIEVEMENT. You see, most of us have already figured out that gold is absolutely pointless in this game and there is no real reason to have anymore than you need. All I really see here is someone that abused the economy and took advantage of players to get rich. Congratulations Bernie!
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabbyrtl
    wieso hinkt der vergleich wenn ich mehr als 1mill hab? ^^

edit: wobei is eigentlich auch egal... glaub wir beide dürften ja wissen wieviel zeit dahinter steckt.
    so ich muss wieder ans ah *g*
    Na dann gratz man

Quote Originally Posted by phai
    Poor bandwith :'(
    ROFL!!! This is tooooo funny

dunno how much i made on my new bank alt, but already bugged Achievements Statistics.

WTS Gold, anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by DKareOKnoobL2P
    dunno how much i made on my new bank alt, but already bugged Achievements Statistics
    should happen @ goldcap >> negative gold

happened 5-6 times to me ^^
    http://core-guild.blogspot.com/
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Scrabbyrtl

Anyone happen to have the link for the world first of this? I know it was (again a german!) that achieved this back in TBC and was confirmed by bluepost somewhere on the forums. All in all, this is obviously not photoshopped. It really isnt hard to make alot fo money playing the AH, you just have to have alot of patience. And I know your feeling of not wanting to touch the million cause it is as if you have started back at zero right now and the million doesnt exsist, funny how that works. Again...grats bud.

grats on your million gold. even more grats posting your char name and server on an open forum so the hackers will get you faster :>

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Haxxored
    Gratz that’s a ton.

BTW just wondering why do you bother keeping all the icy dragon scales? I have a skinner alt and haven’t been able to find anything useful to make out of them. Same with frost orbs they are all over the place now with random heroics (not like they were worth much to begin with) why stock pile em?

Obviously a successful auctioneer doesn’t want to give away his secrets, it’s just curious that you have such benign items filling the top page of your bank.

P.S. put icons on your guild bank tabs the ? is my least favorite graphic in game.
    You can make Icescale Leg Armor with those materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    All I really see here is someone that abused the economy and took advantage of players to get rich.
    It's funny how there's always someone going "oh you abused the economy and screwed the honest working man" or whatnot.

He doesn't give details of how the gold was made, but if it was made by "playing the AH" then he was actually providing a valuable service to the players: Providing demand at times of low demand/high supply, and providing supply at times of low supply/high demand. In the real world this is called providing liquidity to the market, and it's extremely important for the welfare of the whole economy. In real terms people doing this allow you to buy/sell items in the AH much more quickly that you would be able to if they didn't exist.

On an unrelated note, getting "million gold" is pretty pointless since the difficulty of attaining it depends entirely on the economy of each particular server.

gold started being pointless after 50k, and a burden after 200k. By the way your screenshots are broken

I just don't understand the point in having that much. I mean what can you do with it? There are only so many money sinks in the game so until Blizz adds the 1 million g mount with 1000% flightspeed it's pointless.

Gz all the same, must have taken time and effort.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Haxxored
    Gratz that’s a ton.

BTW just wondering why do you bother keeping all the icy dragon scales? I have a skinner alt and haven’t been able to find anything useful to make out of them. Same with frost orbs they are all over the place now with random heroics (not like they were worth much to begin with) why stock pile em?

Obviously a successful auctioneer doesn’t want to give away his secrets, it’s just curious that you have such benign items filling the top page of your bank.

P.S. put icons on your guild bank tabs the ? is my least favorite graphic in game.
    you win a big /facepalm..
    craft and sell!

Dang i wish i could make more than 7000g ever

playing the AH meaning?

image isnt working for me =\

anyways, grats? i mean, do you really need that much gold?
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    image isnt working for me =\

well i am only at 192k gold atm but got all chars to 80 and all got epic mounts :D

Gz mate.

I have just under 65k atm, and really I just want to get money so when I get to level 80 I can buy all the new gold sinks, and crafted gear, and anything else without worrying. In TBC I had around 40k, but spent way too much gold in the last 2 months and only like like 5k left by the time Wrath came out, and it was annoying to have to start saving for mamoths and whatnot. This time I'll be ready
    My initial aim was to only save 75k for the expansion, although 100k looks more realistic now.

On my bank alt i was around 50k 1,5 month - months before 3.3 came out. My goal was to get 75k before 3.3. Didnt realize the Ah whoring was so rewarding, im sitting on 190k now just after 3.3 came out xD.

I really doubt this is real. Looks more like he used the /_silver to gold 1=10,000 code thingy. It has been forever since I last did it, but it just changes how much silver it takes to equal 1 gold. It is a cheap trick and has been done a million times, grats. Someone who knows the real code pls put it in for the rest of us.
    You are now breathing manually.

Stood in the Fire skidmarksteve's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

screen shots are broken, congrats if its true.