Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Is the Cataclysm happening now?

Sorry but wasn't it stated that all the changes to the terrain and such were caused by Deathwing erupting from the ground? If so why would it start months before hand? Seems to me if that's what causes it then its not going to be a gradual thing. It's not like it's going to take months for him to erupt. He's coming out in one quick world changing explosion. Or am I wrong and I didn't read something? If so I'd love to see a link.

Quote Originally Posted by PtrPipr
    Sorry but wasn't it stated that all the changes to the terrain and such were caused by Deathwing erupting from the ground? If so why would it start months before hand? Seems to me if that's what causes it then its not going to be a gradual thing. It's not like it's going to take months for him to erupt. He's coming out in one quick world changing explosion. Or am I wrong and I didn't read something? If so I'd love to see a link.
    blizz have already stated that the cataclysm world events will start months before it even comes out as they want it to be something huge as it is a world changing event

Quote Originally Posted by PtrPipr
    It could be something like 4.0 dw comes up and "sets things in motion" earthquakes start to happen, eruptions in places etc etc, but no real change in landscape and then when cata hits is when the "sets in motion" becomes reality, i guess its similiar maybe to a volcano irl, from what i hear, it sits there "brewing" (sorry i don't know the tech shit lol) for quite a while b4 it finally erupts.

This would account for a Pre-cata event, seeing dw or something, account for the months leading up to cata, and count for the expansion too, i mean i guess when you think about it, it's not like some dragon is gonna come out and breathe fire everywhere and destroy a whole continent, must be some method to his madness? Maybe bombs? on a few months fuse? tick tick tick "the bomb has been planted" *waits for cata* The bomb has been destroyed....Terroris....i mean Deathwing wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgd
    It could be something like 4.0 dw comes up and "sets things in motion" earthquakes start to happen, eruptions in places etc etc, but no real change in landscape and then when cata hits is when the "sets in motion" becomes reality, i guess its similiar maybe to a volcano irl, from what i hear, it sits there "brewing" (sorry i don't know the tech shit lol) for quite a while b4 it finally erupts.

This would account for a Pre-cata event, seeing dw or something, account for the months leading up to cata, and count for the expansion too, i mean i guess when you think about it, it's not like some dragon is gonna come out and breathe fire everywhere and destroy a whole continent, must be some method to his madness? Maybe bombs? on a few months fuse? tick tick tick "the bomb has been planted" *waits for cata* The bomb has been destroyed....Terroris....i mean Deathwing wins.
    Yea I guess you're right there. If him bursting from he ground is enough to change the world. Then maybe him merely stirring in his resting place could be causing these quakes. Now I kinda wanna see one lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Helps if you don't kick the desk =P
    If i'm honest, i wouldn't be surprised if they added some thing in with 3.3, and i'm expecting some small things with the next minor patch, you know, early models, etc.
    3.4 (the non-content but major patch GC talked about) will likely add all of it, and will also likely include the features they haven't already added, dance-studio, etc.
    Dance studio was cancelled last time i looked, it was an idea they had that like most ideas just never happened...maybe one day they will take it up again but i doubt it

LFM [Deathwing Must Die! (10 player)] need 1 healer and 2 dps 5400 GS and achievement link.

D=

sorry..

Beautiful sig made by Nicolette

There was a post about this on Wow Insider, they have some mobs/...things that were found on PTR and are on wowhead to possibly explain it all.

http://www.wow.com/2009/12/28/are-in...m-world-event/

Curious since you brought it up, does deathwing still assume a human form like the others? "neltharion" in this regard i guess. Or is he perma dragon? lol, i see alexstrasa, chromie, even nefarion etc etc all have their "human" forms. although im not really sure behind the lore, perhaps they merely transform as to not scare human's too much lol, i dunno but yeah.

Cuz i envision (and yeah getting ahead of myself i know lol) The first phase of DW being a "human form dw" with a tanky spanky + adds or whatever going on, then a second phase of dw in dragon form, and the other Dragon aspects chromie, alex etc etc etc, showing up for phase 2 and helping us out, meanwhile were doing something too lol.

i must admit i like the idea of other aspects showing up in the fight, in terms of everything, it makes sense, they want him dead and really its just stupid if its a "get on drakes" lets pew pew fight, in terms of lore there should be some serious backup, e/g aspects not a farking ony fight lol. but yeah thats just me
    Yes, he is a perma Dragon now, sinceh is already too deformed, he can't transform back... At least its what it was told to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anachronism
    I have noticed Dalaran shaking several times over the past year. The Cataclysm must be really serious to be able to shake a floating city like that.
    Well, that can be Caused by a Tundra Mammoth standing beside you. I dont believe Dalaran could sense the Earthquakes... unless, the Elemental Plane of Wind gets involved in it and its pushing Dalaran too fast.

The next major patch will be most like 3.4.0 for anyone wondering, There's always been a PRE-EXPANSION patch which normally consists of the following.

1. being able to view the new world map, (although i admit cuz cataclysm is changing azeroth im not too sure, what will happen this time) e/g Before bc came out u could view the belf area and dranei area on map but couldn't zone.
    2. New talents being available, (once again in cataclysm there are no new talents just five extra points, also not sure on this, this time)
    3. being able to view new achievements and their rewards and some new rep factions etc etc
    4. some sort of pre-expansion event, For vanilla to bc it was Demon's attacking org etc, for bc to wrath it was the frostwyrm invasion etc etc, guessing some sorta pre-cataclysm event in 3.4.0
    5. Gear changing e/g once 3.4.0 hits ill bet all the gear will be converted to the new stats like "int" 'agil" etc

All that type of stuff really is in the pre-expansion patch.

I guess some of the other stuff in the cataclysm patch 3.4.0 will be stuff like, hunters changed to focus, warlocks shards updated, Can view path of the titans, just not access it, can view talents which are changed (and most likely spec them)
    Oh may be able to level Archeology a bit, correct me if im wrong but i beleive "inscription" came out BEFORE wrath, in the pre-expansion patch, so people could level it to a certain point so they weren't too behind for the expansion.

Being able to VIEW the new class combinations/races but not being able to pick them

So basically (And sorry for typing too much) just heaps of pre-stuff to give u a good idea of changes and whats to come.

Based on previous expansions i'd say most of the stuff if not all will be in 3.4.0 Your Pre-cataclysm patch.
    Not only that, but all of the terrain changes/quest overhauls for the old world were stated to be implemented in Patch 4.0. Everyone will be able to experience them, even if the don't have any of the expansions.

Al Gorefiend warned the world of global warming!!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy
    Al Gorefiend warned the world of global warming!!

Holy Shit!

OMG Global Warming!! OHH SHIT! jk, It has happened and its going to happen I just simply cant imagine anything besides a shit ton of Elementals running around Org...Sound familiar? Anyways I hope they come out with something new cause the Ghouls and shit where prety fucking awesome for the release of wotlk... For about 45 minutes then it just got anoying as fuck.