View Poll Results: What is the easiest healing class to play?

Voters
273. This poll is closed
  • Paladin

112 41.03%
  • Priest

25 9.16%
  • Druid

77 28.21%
  • Shaman

59 21.61%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Easiest healing class

Depends what part of the healing you want to be easy.

As one of the first posters said, priests have a huge toolbox, and there's hardly any situation they can't handle, so if you learn to play your priest, healing will be easy.

On the other hand you have a paladin that has very few tools, thus less descision making, thus considered an easy healing class =)

Druid. Holy shit, it's so easy that it's boring (and yes, I have a retired resto druid)

85% rejuv/Wild growth spam (which, for me, consisted of left-clicking boxes/frames non stop)
    14% using regrowth (for tanks), swiftmend, and nourish for about everything else
    1% tranquility

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    I'll agree with this; druids being the easiest to heal with and paladin maby being the most difficult. Not that paladin healing is complex, but compared to other healers you simply do not have the toolbox available and pretty much have to loosen bolts with a mallet (Holy light).
    I will have to agree with this statement. I think paladins would be a lot of fun because they only have 3 actual heals.

I have a paladin, druid and priest... Pally was the easiest when bc was out... but now i say druid is for sure. Priest is the hardest. But i think priest is the funnest. And id rather play a priest because everyone and his brother has a druid and paladin... Druids and paladins come in stacks on every server.

15+ Year Old Account

If you can play one healer well, you can easily learn to play any of them well. There really isn't an easiest or hardest healer opposed to healers with better or worse options for certain situations.

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Let's do some addition!

Paladins: Holy Light, Flash of Light, Holy Shock, Sacred Shield, Beacon of Light, Judgement

Druids: Wild Growth, Rejuvenation, Regrowth, Lifebloom, Nourish, Swiftmend

Shamans: Earth Shield, Lesser Healing Wave, Riptide, Chain Heal

Priests: Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Renew, PWS, Prayer of Mending, Prayer of Healing, Penance/CoH, Binding Heal

Paladins = 6!
    Druids = 6!
    Shamans = 4!
    Priests = 8!

We have a winnar.

inb4: Someone fix this if I left something out.

Paladin Healing = Easy

Priest Healing = Fun

Druid Healing = Boring

Shaman Healing = Challenging

Quote Originally Posted by Jekk
    Let's do some addition!

Paladins: Holy Light, Flash of Light, Holy Shock, Sacred Shield, Beacon of Light, Judgement

Shamans: Earth Shield, Lesser Healing Wave, Riptide, Chain Heal

Priests: Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Renew, PWS, Prayer of Mending, Prayer of Healing, Penance/CoH, Binding Heal

Paladins = 6!
    Druids = 6!
    Shamans = 4!
    Priests = 8!

We have a winnar.

Shamans have

Earth Shield
    Healing Stream Totem
    Rip Tide
    Healing Wave
    Lesser Healing Wave
    Chain Heal
    Earth Living Weapon

That's 7

Priest's also have Lesser Heal, Divine Hymn and Desperate Prayer,

Not sure if you missed any on the other two I haven't healed on a Paladin or Druid.

Let's do some addition!

Shamans: Earth Shield, Lesser Healing Wave, Riptide, Chain Heal, Healing Wave, Nature's Swiftness, Tidal Force, Totems

Paladins = 6!
    Druids = 6!
    Shamans = 8!
    Priests = 8!

We have a winnar.

Fixed.

Also just because a class has a wider range of spells to use, doesn't mean they will use them all and/or makes them harder to play. Typically as a shaman for example you use pretty much every spell you have on pretty much any fight, unless you're a mindless chain heal spammer with no skill. Compare this to a druid or holy priest where on average only 50% of their healing abilities are frequently used.

priest is fun. you have it all.just gotta know when too use it.timing is key. holy = damage done to raid and tank then heal them full after damage is done (gotta time it well though,ALOT,MUCH!!).which is fun. discipline= give shields,buffs,heals etc, before dmg is done, then if a big ass blow comes, penance,shield,flash,focus like hell,penance:P) priest is the hardest class in the game too heal with but the best if mastered i just love priests. they have got alot of spells,charms,fears etc that others dont.

if a priest is in your pug. hug

btw.the only cloth healer.ofc they pwn :P

guess this has nothing to do with easiest class etc. but gotta say paladin with 2 tank healing.its great and easy. i love it

Let's do some addition!

Shamans: Earth Shield, Lesser Healing Wave, Riptide, Chain Heal Healing Wave, Nature's Swiftness, Tidal Force, Totems

Paladins = 6!
    Druids = 6!
    Shamans = 8!
    Priests = 8!

We have a winnar.

For druids you missed: Healing Touch, Swiftmend, Tranquility. Also if your going to count shaman group buffs, such as totems then I suppose you have to count thorns and mark of the wild as druid group buffs and rebirth too I suppose.

I dont know the other classes as well as druids, but im pretty sure priests have 46 different types of healing spells and shields.

Just cause a class/spec has more spells, doesnt mean its harder to play....

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hydró-UK
    Fixed.

Also just because a class has a wider range of spells to use, doesn't mean they will use them all and/or makes them harder to play. Typically as a shaman for example you use pretty much every spell you have on pretty much any fight, unless you're a mindless chain heal spammer with no skill. Compare this to a druid or holy priest where on average only 50% of their healing abilities are frequently used.
    Um dosent the palas have CD's that shaman does? Imo it feels wrong to put out CD's for shamans and say that got most spells why the other classes can go free without any of thier CD's and in that option priests will win

sit in the lava before pull ofc.sry

bah wrong post:P

Let's do some addition!

(Plate)Paladins: Holy Light, Flash of Light, Holy Shock, Sacred Shield, Beacon of Light, Judgement

(Leather)Druids: Wild Growth, Rejuvenation, Regrowth, Lifebloom, Nourish, Swiftmend, Healing Touch, Tranquility, Nature's Swiftness

(Cloth)Priests: Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Renew, PWS, Prayer of Mending, Prayer of Healing, Penance/CoH, Binding Heal, Lightwell, Divine Nymn, hymn of hope, Guardian Spirit

(Mail)Shamans: Earth Shield, Lesser Healing Wave, Riptide, Chain Heal, Healing Wave, Earthliving Weapon, Healing Stream Totem, Nature's Swiftness, Tidal Force, Reincartnation

Paladins = 6!
    Druids = 7!
    Priests = 12!
    Shamans = 10!

We have a winnar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro
    You should play more than a shammy, esp. as holy priest before making comment like this. Totems are pretty much drop-and-forget in PvE, with here-and-there totem swapping depends on the encounter. Also, Tidal Force is a cooldown. Healing wave is almost an equivalent to Greater Heal to both Holy/Disc priest, which is seldom used. Now, if you excuse me ...

Shamans: Earth Shield, Lesser Healing Wave, Riptide, Chain Heal, Healing Wave, Nature's Swiftness, Tidal Force, Totems

Priests: Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Renew, PWS, Prayer of Mending, Prayer of Healing, Penance/CoH, Binding Heal, Power Infusion/Light well, Pain Supression/Guardian Spirit, Desperate Prayer, Divine Hymn, Hymn of Hope, Shadow fiend
    See? I can even "fix" it for you. Priests now have like over 12 spells to choose from, which make them cleary the hardest to play .. :-X

But seriously, holy priests must learn to utilize their whole arsenal in raid simply because of the fact that 2 of their spells have cooldown (PoM, CoH), their best AoE heals with astronomical mana cost (PoH), which leave only 2 filler without limitation: renew and FH. And FH is worse than other classes's equivalent (eg. Pally's FoL), Renew is way behind Druid's Rejuv in term of efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydró-UK
    Let's do some addition!

Priests: Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Renew, PWS, Prayer of Mending, Prayer of Healing, Penance/CoH, Binding Heal, Lightwell, Guardian Spirit, Divine Hymn

Paladins = 6!
    Druids = 6!
    Shamans = 8!
    Priests = 11!

We have a winnar.

Fixed a bit again :P

hehe, thx pozz. I edited my post. Clearly we have a winnar here! ;D

Discipline priest. That's all I should have to say.

Let's do some addition!
    Paladins: Holy Light

Druids: Wild Growth, Rejuvenation, Swiftmend

Shamans: Earth Shield, Riptide, Chain Heal

Priests: PWS, Penance

Don't lie about what you use. This is the correct list. (Holy priests might as well dps since they're just really bad druids)
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.