Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Cataclysm classes/races, WoW Magazine, Blue posts

First people complain about not having enough tanks.

Blizzard says: "We want to encourage people to tank"

Then people complain because Blizzard makes everything too easy and how this will ruin the game, although we haven't even seen a glimpse of the Alpha, not to mention Beta.

On Topic: It seems we have 12 pages of Cataclysm related info in that Magazine... Maybe we'll see something new

...and where's the news? This is old, this is like the 5th time i've seen that list of classes/races...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by izihbo
    ...and where's the news? This is old, this is like the 5th time i've seen that list of classes/races...
    It's a REMINDER. It's stated that this is a reminder in the very first sentence of this post....

noooooo Dark legacy! :'(

What next? Ret healers, mage tanks? Tanking gear is sooo easy to get these days (enough to go to heroics) so why make it even easier?

Imagine the joy you will get going into an heroic with that DPS warrior that has not the first clue of how to tank, might kill off the new LFG function and put it back into trade chat

Does anybody actually care about Teh Gladiators? We want Dark legacy comics please.

Quote Originally Posted by bainies
    What next? Ret healers, mage tanks? Tanking gear is sooo easy to get these days (enough to go to heroics) so why make it even easier?

Imagine the joy you will get going into an heroic with that DPS warrior that has not the first clue of how to tank, might kill off the new LFG function and put it back into trade chat
    Its easy to gear up now, but at early beggning of WoTLK getting crit capped was a cake walk. Now a tank need to be crit capped and have more than 40k hp (when WoTLK started something near 25k was enoff) for heroics or you ll be booted.

I'm sad that the only two races I want to play a rogue of are the exact ones that can't be.

Gief sneaky goat!

any idea if it will be possible to get a race change to the new class combinations ? e.g. Dwarf Hunter to Human Hunter or will this be blocked like the race change to worgen ?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Amazad
    another point has been added to my "why not return to play on cataclysm" list
    Play the game for fun man you fanny and not just because of lore ffs. Some people are massive MASSIVE drama queens on this forum.

The lack of tanks has nothing to do with game mechanics. Its the community......

"Always blame the tank, if that cant be done blame the healer" Has been like this for ages.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Yo dawg i heard you like druids so we put a druid in your worgen so you can shapeshift while you shapeshift.

Quote Originally Posted by Célina
    any idea if it will be possible to get a race change to the new class combinations ? e.g. Dwarf Hunter to Human Hunter or will this be blocked like the race change to worgen ?
    I recall a statement that it will be possible, but not the first several months of the expansion, at least that is the plan for now.

For now, I'll just grab enough badgers to get my dwarf shamen some heirlooms.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

LOL wOW sucks, I'm glad I quitted, I come to the mmo champion website to see if something has changed for a good reason and all I find is that WOW is getting worst lol.

Deleted

Imagine the joy you will get going into an heroic with that DPS warrior that has not the first clue of how to tank, might kill off the new LFG function and put it back into trade chat Wink
    You Mean, Like in Wow lvl 60, Vanilla ?
    I was playing a warrior, dps, grand marshal, and I Was able to tank ( and i Did ) all instance / raid ( vael, nefarian all bwl, some of aq40.. ). Of course, I wore tank stuff.
    Actually it's the same thing, you do not need to have a spec for tanking these "jokes instance". ( old 5man )

Quote Originally Posted by Bowen
    Bloody hell they are going to ruin 5 mans in cata, you will have waves and waves of retarded plate wearing dps thinking they can tank not to mention people just having the def cap through talents and having zero knowledge of tanking mechanics argg. Just leave it alone Devs. Their response quoted pretty sums up how they have turned the current PvE system into child's play and messy right now.

I can see that first 80
    It's won't be hard as long as they have situational awareness and can press taunts, then again even that can be challenging for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenegal
    The lack of tanks has nothing to do with game mechanics. Its the community......
    DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS
    RECOUNT RECOUNT RECOUNT RECOUNT RECOUNT RECOUNT RECOUNT

Interesting how every race gets at least one new class except the Draenei. No changes for them.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by GREENTHUNDER
    LOL wOW sucks, I'm glad I quitted, I come to the mmo champion website to see if something has changed for a good reason and all I find is that WOW is getting worst lol.
    Dude, if i were you, i'd hide myself somewhere safe and prepare for grammar nazi's.

edit: and oh btw, telling us why it sucks and elaborating your statement about it getting "worst"(<--lol) would be nice instead of this useless comment.

Tauren palladins and Priests... Holy Cow!
    [/old, crappy joke]
    At first I could care less about the new race class combos, but it seems people here (for the most part) like them, so I guess its all good. I do feel for the poster that wanted the hoofed races to be a rogue. Nothing like "clip-clop SNEAK ATTACK!" ;D
    I'm still on the fence in regards to removing DEF. IMO tanking specs should be able to tank, that's it. The notion that an arms warrior to be able throw on some tanking gear and tank 5-mans doesn't sit well with me (especially since most players are capable of dual speccing, allowing arms players to specc prot).
    Making tanking easier doesn't make it more fun, especially in the community that places all the responsibility on the tanks/healers, yet only praises high DPS through recount (though the occasional moment when a tank will out-DPS new 80's is always fun).
    Still, if getting rid of DEF lowers avoidance inflation and makes the game less bursty/face-rolly, more power to the Devs.