Combat over Mutilate

Since the changes to DP in 3.3 I have heard the argument that Mutilate>Combat now. On the other hand I have heard others saying that the change benefits Combat more. I am torn between specs here and I was wondering what you guys have to say about it.

Re: Combat over Mutilate

Anyone that said the changes benefited combat more is dumb. Mutilate > combat by a lot now.

Ok, Combat is a little behind single target dps, BUT its also alot easier to play for switching targets, It depends wholy on your playstyle, i swapped to mutilate a month or so before the patch, and love it, However, i am out dpsing the other two rogues in the guild that are combat, but thats mostly due to gear atm, however, they are still the 2nd and 3rd dps on saurfang, So it completely depends on 2 things, what do you have the gear for, and what do you rather playing.

It depends on target switching/amount of targets/etc. They're relatively close (one doesn't totally stomp on the other), so I would just keep both of them as my dual-spec and swap for the optimal spec for each boss.

here is my armory, i think i may have too much ArP for mut, but ArP is on alot of gear right now... the thing about keepin a combat/mut dual spec is that I like to PvP :/http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Boulderfist&n=Ruinner

Quote Originally Posted by d34thangel
    Ok, Combat is a little behind single target dps, BUT its also alot easier to play for switching targets, It depends wholy on your playstyle, i swapped to mutilate a month or so before the patch, and love it, However, i am out dpsing the other two rogues in the guild that are combat, but thats mostly due to gear atm, however, they are still the 2nd and 3rd dps on saurfang, So it completely depends on 2 things, what do you have the gear for, and what do you rather playing.
    Well I can tell you now that I out dps the other 3 rogues in the guild by a lot and they out-gear me! I was top dps last night on Sourfang at 8.9k dps . This is me http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mmer&n=Doomsin
    Switching targets is a stupid argument, cuz as long as you throw an envenom before you swap or the current target dies, you have a buff that gets your next victim to full poisons (bleed doesn't mean much for 2 secs) in no time.
    Multi-target is the only place where Mutilate suffers because we lack things like Blade Flurry.

Mutilate wins. It's a little boring at times, but I'm a dps lover, and I'm proud to be on top

Combat for AoE-Fights [Anub 25 Heroic], Combat for fights against enemies with very low hp.[Gunship/Deathwhisper if you're not on her in P1.]
    Combat sometimes if CDs are important, though not in all cases. [E.g. Jaraxxus Heroic if you need Killing Spree to get the portal down in time.]

Pretty much in all other cases, Mutilate is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Voij
    ...if you need Killing Spree to get the portal down in time...]
    We all know that killing spree sucks for things like that :P If the portal pops up 100 yards away it'll work fine, but when it's anywhere close you hit the thing, attack the portal once, then it bugs and you bounce back the the boss where you stay for the duration of the attack :P
    But I know what you're saying

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsin
    We all know that killing spree sucks for things like that :P If the portal pops up 100 yards away it'll work fine, but when it's anywhere close you hit the thing, attack the portal once, then it bugs and you bounce back the the boss where you stay for the duration of the attack :P
    But I know what you're saying
    Run towards the portal, attack with SS, run 5 more yards, use KS only on Portal, PROFIT!

Seriously, it's not that difficult. O.o

or have a tank that doesn't suck at life, and pull the boss over for cleave damage. and pop bladeflurry during it

I play combat and most likely always will, i love the feel of smacking someone in the back with The Spinebreaker and i hate daggers for some reason, always have.
    i would only consider muti if it was miles ahead of combat and combat was no longer a viable spec.

Quote Originally Posted by d34thangel
    or have a tank that doesn't suck at life, and pull the boss over for cleave damage. and pop bladeflurry during it
    Or save your cleave damage for when the Mistress is there and have her tank pull her over, so that you can use the cleave damage on Boss+Mistress and increase the damage on the portal.
    Also, cleave is always dangerous on the portals, a wrong cleave+whirlwind combination can lead to a mistress raping your warriors face off.

It's also not all that good to have the boss move around too much, though that's just my opinion.

PS: Popping Bladeflurry on the portal doesn't beat a 50k Killing Spree, though. Unless, of course, you're using a Combination of KS+Bladeflurry+Tricks on Offtank to make sure that the Mistress doesn't rape your face off... THEN it might be better to pull the boss over.

Quote Originally Posted by Voij

PS: Popping Bladeflurry on the portal doesn't beat a 50k Killing Spree, though. Unless, of course, you're using a Combination of KS+Bladeflurry+Tricks on Offtank to make sure that the Mistress doesn't rape your face off... THEN it might be better to pull the boss over.
    That was the plan each time, And still had bladeflurry up time for mistress time alive for dps on jax aswell