Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Professions, Water Engine, NPCScan

Quote Originally Posted by Hexus
    I'm a little dubious about Archaeology. From the sound of it, the paths are going to be so valuable that every reasonably competitive player is going to be required to invest in this profession.

That doesn't sit well with me, its certainly not what they've done with the other professions.

Unless the glyphs are transferable/sellable, but from what I've read it doesn't look like it.
    It's a secondary profession so every player can invest in it.

Also pretty sure reforging can only add stats that don't already exist on the item. So taking intellect instead of spirit won't happen. Maybe taking spirit for crit / haste. Dunno

Is it just me that feels that if we get "Random plate chest#2" dropping with dps stats, some holy paladin can just pick it up and reforge it into good stats for him.
    change str to int, keep the crit, change arp to haste, change something to spirit.

15+ Year Old Account

Whyyyyyy the NPCScan review I just need King Krush which seems already impossible with all the farmerbots in sholazar, now I can completely forget about it

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dstroy
    I'm looking forward to how reforging is gonna work out, but I'm not sure if I heard the same when I watched Blizzcon.

Didn't they say that one of the restrictions in reforging was that you couldn't remove a stat and add it to an already existing one?

Example you can't remove spirit to get more int, but you can remove haste from an item and get crit instead if there ain't any crit there. I don't know if it were just me who understood it like that, or they changed opinion since that.
    that's what I remember hearing as well. That you could only add x along with y and z as long as you only remove ONE of y and z and x wasn't already there to begin with

that's a good Addon, i am using it from 5 months ago and i have good progress with "Northen Exposure" and "Bloody rare"

15+ Year Old Account

There's another addon called silverdragon which does the same thing, but smaller in size.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Early happy new year! Don't do anything stupid tonight
    Amen to that

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi
    There's another addon called silverdragon which does the same thing, but smaller in size.
    I prefer mine, but thank you anyelse, happy new year.

15+ Year Old Account

Those new water effects are great!

And in an unrelated note, I'm concerned what that macro titled "aaaa" in Boubouille's picture does. o_o
    "Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greatest heroes, you are still only mortal."
    "You fear that which you cannot control. But can you control your fear?"

My goal is to do something stupid tonight.

Nice water.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Would be nice if reforging allowed you to make the item you reforged look like another item that you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Baever
    Hahahaha I can't believe Bio's addon makes MMO-Champion front page.

Niiiice.
    BAEV!!! You've compromised the secrecy of Saiket's main Bioz-oh shit I almost said it.

Quote Originally Posted by GREENTHUNDER
    water looks like perfect world international lol

and then people think WOW never copies anyone, c'mon , WOW is made of other games ideas, actually all MMORPGs give ideas to each other as so other games have copied some WOW mechanics also WOW has copied other games, it is normal.

Just bugs me that WOW being this "great game" has to copy a free mmorpg that has been out for a while lol , yeah WOW your graphics are bad, about time to fix at least the water.
    Are you saying WoW is copying Guild Wars'(not a MMORPG) water?

shhh about the overlay, now it will make it even harder to find rares!

Re: NPCScan

Quote Originally Posted by tgrhwke
    The add-on called Silver Dragon is better in my opinion. It will track rare spawns of all types (humanoid, beast, etc.) in the game, including inside instances and displays an audio / visual warning for them. It does it every time you encounter a rare spawn, regardless of how many times you come across a particular one without the need for any editing of the add-on files. It will track them whether you are on the ground or on a flying mount. I've been using this one for a few months now and I am halfway through both the Bloody Rare and Frostbitten achievements. I've also encountered lots of spawns in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms that I didn't know existed before using this add-on.
    This. SilverDragon has been around since TBC. NPCScan is just copying the idea. I'm sure both are great, but I'll continue to use the one I've been using for years that does the exact same thing (with a smaller footprint, as well).

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Well with JC, I guess it would be you have an purple gem with AP/Stam. You could take like 3 points from the Stam and add to the AP. I like this idea.

Btw been reading for years and first post.

All this news is old but still great to go over them again. All the changes/additions for Cata are coming together greatly
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

NPCscan is great, been using it for a few months now and i have about 6-7 northrend spawns without even searching.
    TLPD here i come.
    in my dreams

I really can't wait for Archaeology, strangely enough, wandering Azeroth in search of cool things or secrets is one of my favorite parts of the game. This secondary profession will be VERY enjoyable for me.

Once again Boub thanks for screwing over yet another advantage i have over players. Now i get the pleasure of 30 other people competing with me for "frostbitten" and "bloody rare". Seriously is there any addon/gold making tactic you've ruined for players by sharing the worlds best secrets with the community....
    /rant over

lol blizzard, l2spell "holding this brilliant jem"