Thread: Holy BiS set

Holy BiS set

Just gonna post it incase someones intrested or just to lazy to look it up themselves

http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20584919
    (yes the val'anyr is actually better due to the absorb but since i don't have it/wont get it)

this is ofcourse assuming we'll have to work our asses off in the hardmodes

any input is appreciated

*notes
    the legs have another socket slot
    16int on bracers isn't in the database

Re: Holy BiS set

Belt, gloves, chest and boots have better options, and those options are Plate too. (Imagine that, actual plate gear thats great).

If some are going for 4 pc bonus, then t10 gloves, chest, helm, and shoulders with the Leggings of Dying Candles are the best bet...although i swore those legs had 3 sockets crit/haste/sp...but w.e. The blacksmith healing legs (Puresteel Legplates) are also amazing.

If you are going for 2 pc bonus, use shoulder/helmet like you have. But change around Gloves, chest, belt and boots. Lady Deathwhisper drops some amazing gloves, and the badge gloves are also top notch. 25 ICC Trash drops an amazing plate healing paladin belt. The plate boots are called Boots of the Funeral March, and there is a really good plate chestpiece from either Rotface or Festergut as well. (Although Breastplate of the Frozen Lake (heroic version) will prob be a BIS chest for quite a while in ICC)

Also, Althors Abacus will end up beaing pretty amazing and i dont see that in your BIS gear set, Althors Abacus and Solace of the Defeated is an amazing trinket comination even for Holy Paladins.

And finally, Trauma > Lockjaw.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

did you ever bother to check before ranting on?

4 set bonus doesn't really seem that appealing from my pov, seeing that we'll be running 1.1sec HL's

the items you suggested instead of the mail ones are utter crap (taking crit over mp5).
    we won't know for sure about trauma until someone actually tests it .
    does it proc from JoL, HL splash and so forth, if it's allready been tested please do link I would be very intrested.

solace of the fallen/deafeated have less mp5 returns then both the sliver and the met crystal
    and abacus could prolly be picked up if we aren't stressed on mana. But do keep in mind that trinkets are our main mana return (from gear that is) and in this gear set we assumed maximum strain would be put on us during the hardmode encounters.

once again it just doesn't seem like you've read the post
    //Solfinger - talnivarr eu

Actually, your pretty right on. The Mail pieces are tons better than plate pieces, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally
    Also, Althors Abacus will end up beaing pretty amazing and i dont see that in your BIS gear set, Althors Abacus and Solace of the Defeated is an amazing trinket comination even for Holy Paladins.
    Althors Abacus is pure trash. It should be given to resto druids/holy priests. For holy paladinsAlgalon 10 trinket > Solace and the heroic Sliver > Solace. Some will argue that Solace is better because its passive vs. on-demand. But its strength can't be argued. Notice the the heroic Sliver has a 1 min CD. That means the trinket value is 152.5 mp5, which is slightly better than 144mp5 from heroic solace.

I found a similar set that someone blogged about here. Almost the exact same makeup, even though his trinkets are kinda goofy.

http://bis.vilepickle.com/index.php
    Xentin
    Damage Control [Suramar-US]

Quote Originally Posted by solf
    did you ever bother to check before ranting on?

4 set bonus doesn't really seem that appealing from my pov, seeing that we'll be running 1.1sec HL's

the items you suggested instead of the mail ones are utter crap (taking crit over mp5).
    we won't know for sure about trauma until someone actually tests it .
    does it proc from JoL, HL splash and so forth, if it's allready been tested please do link I would be very intrested.

solace of the fallen/deafeated have less mp5 returns then both the sliver and the met crystal
    and abacus could prolly be picked up if we aren't stressed on mana. But do keep in mind that trinkets are our main mana return (from gear that is) and in this gear set we assumed maximum strain would be put on us during the hardmode encounters.

once again it just doesn't seem like you've read the post
    //Solfinger - talnivarr eu

Solace, heroic version, has a constant net of mp5 over the coarse of the fight rather then a slight burst every 2min. Double solace might even be better overall then meteorite and sliver of ice. If you think you will be working hard, meaning constantly casting, then not using a least one solace might be a bad idea.

These pieces i mentioned will be running the player 3500 sp, 200+ mp5 (over 400 while casting with raid buffs and solace stacked), 35k mana, 35% crit (roughly), and 880 or so haste. So yeah, i read the post. Overall, the pieces i mentioned will be better overall with 25 man raid buffs.

Seems you are just blindingly stacking haste and mp5 assuming thats all you will need to succeed, lol.

So my "ranting" was just trying to help you. Check for yourself.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Solace, heroic version, has a constant net of mp5 over the coarse of the fight rather then a slight burst every 2min.
    Look up the heroic version again of Sliver. its a burst every 1 minute. you can't argue with math. It is more MP5 than Solace 258. The non heroic version is 2 min, which makes it terrible. In addition it's been proven over and over that Algalon 10 trinket is the highest mp5 trinket in the game. It's 75mp5 stacking.

The two trinkets I will be running with are Heroic Sliver, and Heroic Solace. It's a nice combination of on-demand and passive. There are just some cases were you can't beat an on-demand trinket.
    Xentin

Solace, heroic version, has a constant net of mp5 over the coarse of the fight rather then a slight burst every 2min. Double solace might even be better overall then meteorite and sliver of ice. If you think you will be working hard, meaning constantly casting, then not using a least one solace might be a bad idea.
    when i did the math yesteday the sliver was a mind boogling 170ish mp5 compared to the puny solace(144)
    met crystal is also ahead of the solace

These pieces i mentioned will be running the player 3500 sp, 200+ mp5 (over 400 while casting with raid buffs and solace stacked), 35k mana, 35% crit (roughly), and 880 or so haste. So yeah, i read the post. Overall, the pieces i mentioned will be better overall with 25 man raid buffs.
    what are you on?
    with my recommended gear you will be running 40k mana 30%haste 40% crit and 350mp5 while casting
    really don't see how you can support your theory that less/worse stats makes a better gearset
    //solfinger - talnivarr eu

I still hold that Heroic Legguards of Concealed Hatred or the crafted ones are better legs since they come with Haste. I think we talked about that before. Other than that, looking pretty nice.

Heroic Sliver of Pure Ice math is easy to do. 1830 / 12 = 152.5 MP5. Heroic Solace, on the other hand, is 18 * 8 = 144 MP5.

Everything I've read has indicated that Trauma will not be a very good Holy Pally weapon no matter how it works (the only thing that would make it good is if it procced off of JoL, but that would make it OP as hell and nothing before has ever worked that way). Save it for the other healers in your raids.

Should probably also note that Val'anyr is BIS weapon. Though if you don't have yours by now, you're probably not getting one. Unless you've got really really really nice guildies.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    I still hold that Heroic Legguards of Concealed Hatred or the crafted ones are better legs since they come with Haste. I think we talked about that before. Other than that, looking pretty nice.
    we did mention it
    so i went ahead and did some napkin math
    assume we gain 100haste (lil' more the puresteel leggings)
    he diffrence we'll get in HL casts is from 1.3 to 1.26
    so it comes down to 0,04 cast vs 36int 20ish sp and 57 mp5
    haste source http://www.holypaladin.net/index.php...adin-haste-cap
    correct me if im wrong

Should probably also note that Val'anyr is BIS weapon. Though if you don't have yours by now, you're probably not getting one. Unless you've got really really really nice guildies.
    It's mentioned in the first post

It's mentioned in the first post
    Whoops.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I still hold that Heroic Legguards of Concealed Hatred or the crafted ones are better legs since they come with Haste.
    Agree. I have the former listed above and they are amazingly itemized. I can't bring myself to justify the Saronite + Mat cost for the upgrade to the crafted. At least not this early into ICC.
    Xentin

Just gonna post it incase someones intrested or just to lazy to look it up themselves

http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=20584919
    (yes the val'anyr is actually better due to the absorb but since i don't have it/wont get it)

this is ofcourse assuming we'll have to work our asses off in the hardmodes

any input is appreciated

*notes
    the legs have another socket slot
    16int on bracers isn't in the database
    Plate or Mail.... This Pally set cant do wrong. Theres NOTHING you can find wrong in this set. Even the mp5 is high.