helping our warrior tank

I'll admit i dont know too much about warrior tanks...

were theorycrafting in vent and kinda at an end pass..

Name: Alexwebster Realm: arygos

we understand stamina stacking is wrong now...

please any and all information is helpful.

ty

Re: helping our warrior tank

Whoever your theorycrafting with is wrong. 30 stam now = 30stam 3months ago = 30stam 1 year ago

Stam > avoidence

That is all

we found a few blue posts that more or less said " stacking sta in ICC is fail".

were a little confused thats why we are here
    hes kinda a mana sponge.

well the blues are idiots. With full togc 25 and icc 25 gear, you will have enough avoidance from gear anyways. I know a few warriors who prefer to get any socket bonus that is 6 stam or higher (i.e. gain 10 dodge rating or 10 defense rating instead of getting 9 stam), but i also know other warriors who just gem pure stam. Either way is acceptable, since if you have good gear you should be rolling 46-47k hp unbuffed as it is, and a loss of 1-2k hp for 1-2% avoidance won't really make that big of a difference. But at this point in the game, EH > everything. So really, stamina and armor are the way to go.

Weena2 is right, stam > avoidance, in practically every situation (anub in togc 25 being an exception, where you need to be unhittable).

Only reason your tank seems like a mana sponge is because he isn't incredibly geared. he has almost 10k less hp ub than my tank, which is quite a bit. =S

those blue posts said nothign to that effect.

they said they wanted to smooth out the damage that tanks receive by to make healing less of a "spam biggest heal now" playstyle.

they also said that the damage bosses would do would be lower then ToGC25 in comparison(note that bosses still hit as hard as they did in ToGC25 but we are now 1 tier ABOVE that)

all of the talk the blue's did about avoidance being superior was in referance to the next expansion, not this current one.

and we all know that for the most part blizz people have a surprisingly low understanding of their own game.

Tl;DR: stam > avoidance ALWAYS
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

If the only damage you took was from avoidable melee swings, then between the natural DR on stam/armor and the imposed DR on avoidance, stam/armor would roughly equal avoidance, depending on how much of each you have.

Between the amount of unavoidable damage out there, and with Chill of the Throne not also lessening the DR on avoidance stats, mindlessly stacking stam/armor and becoming a mana sponge is the way to go. If your healers don't have the mana to be sponged, it's kinda their problem.

TL;DR: Now, stam > avoidance. back in naxx and ulduar and regular toc, socket bonuses from green and purple gems were pretty cool.

Chill of the Throne has actually made stam-stacking even more important. If your tank is hard to keep up they probably just aren't geared enough. Get some BoEs made for him or start hitting up legacy content to get him some of the better gear that can be carried forward.

Specifically I'd aim for heroic versions of T9 along with a good shield.

Although I haven't looked up his armory profile so I don't know what all else he may need.

Gem for stamina, use a purple dodge/stam for those 6stam or more socket bonuses might also work fine, but keep picking up those dodge trinkets and dodge gear. Tanks in my guild are still stacking stamina but also putting together a nice dodge gear collection.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.