Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Warcraft movie in 2011(or earlier?)! with SEXY blonde actress? :D

I love how so many ppl still say blizz doesn't have the money, that we have to take into acount the payments and servers and blablabla.
    Blizzard has billions in revenue since 2007 (american billions, but still, it's a lot), and every year it multiplies.
    On NASDAQ alone they have over 13 billion USD.

btw, for those that went like "american billions? wtf is that"... well, americans like to think they have more money than they actually do, so they call 1,000,000,000 a billion when it's called one thousand million, a billion is a million over another million like this 1,000,000,000,000... that's a billion (bi=two).

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer
    You do realize that, when taking about monetary wealth, company earnings, or pretty much anything to do with money, the entire fucking world counts 1,000,000,000 as a billion, right?

Im talking like, every company on the fucking planet here.

So no, its not 'american billions', it is just billions. 10 to the 9th power, 10^9. Billion.
    I quoted something not in a post! scary...

Anyway, proud to be american I guess?
    In the Groves of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnium
    I quoted something not in a post! scary...

Anyway, proud to be american I guess?
    I'm from Australia, and I can tell you that's the normal "billion" here too.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by M4xC4v413r4
    I love how so many ppl still say blizz doesn't have the money, that we have to take into acount the payments and servers and blablabla.
    Blizzard has billions in revenue since 2007 (american billions, but still, it's a lot), and every year it multiplies.

btw, for those that went like "american billions? wtf is that"... well, americans like to think they have more money than they actually do, so they call 1,000,000,000 a billion when it's called one thousand million, a billion is a million over another million like this 1,000,000,000,000... that's a billion (bi=two).
    ROTFL. Best and most ignorant post in the history of this forums. Hall of fame and sig quoted for stupidity.

Apparently math isn't the universal language.

Edit: You win this time. Short scale has absolutely nothing to do with American's trying to bulk up our financial epeen since it has been around since the 1800s though.

Quote Originally Posted by mograineprotpally
    Warcraft movie will be based on Warcraft lore.
    Warcraft games are based on Warcraft lore.
    Warcraft movie is NOT based on Warcraft games.

1+1=2
    Exactly. In the article, it also says that the story will take place about one year before World of Warcraft. It will also NOT be an adventure movie like Lord of the Ring, but more of a war movie. This is intriguing. I wonder what you could compare it to.

Quote Originally Posted by M4xC4v413r4

What the fuck are you talking about.

I suppose you'll tell us next how Robert Kotick urinated on our front door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

10+ Year Old Account

I really hope that Sylvanas is in the movie. But I really hope that this actress doesn't play her.

It needs someone older with more striking facial features, haunting eyes especially. Sylvanas needs traditionally beautiful, not "sexy blonde". And they would need to do some special ghostly effects on her to do her justice.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by conscript
    ROTFL. Best and most ignorant post in the history of this forums. Hall of fame and sig quoted for stupidity.

Your ignorance amazes me. What i said IS true, the billion used in the example is not an actual mathematical billion. So you can go fuck yourself and learn some math before saying bullsh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer
    You do realize that, when taking about monetary wealth, company earnings, or pretty much anything to do with money, the entire fucking world counts 1,000,000,000 as a billion, right?

Im talking like, every company on the fucking planet here. The world uses Short Scale for its monetary systems.
    Most companies do use the american billion, does that make it a billion? Did i say anything that was actually wrong? lol, you said it your self, they use that number and call it a billion on money, but it isn't the mathematical billion. Most of the world only uses the Short Scale because most of the world economics goes through the US, so, it's kinda normal they use the same nomenclature to trade with each other. You don't see that billion being used in the european market. It's the same as most multi-national companies using USD even if they are not american.

BTW.... you little wikipedia link that u tried to use to say i was wrong just says exactly what i said.... owned?

"Many countries, including most in continental Europe, use the long scale."

They actually say there that americans where basically he only ones to use the short scale but some countries started to partially use it to trade with the US.

oh, again, i was right "so that usage of the two systems was often referred to as British and American respectively"

And if you're still thinking i can't be right because i'm a simple guy vs your highly intelligent mind, please read this and cry.

"It should be remembered that ["billion"] does not mean in American use (which follows the French) what it means in British. For to us it means the second power of a million, i.e. a million millions (1,000,000,000,000); for Americans it means a thousand multiplied by itself twice, or a thousand millions (1,000,000,000), what we call a milliard. Since billion in our sense is useless except to astronomers, it is a pity that we do not conform."

LOL..... and since you're Australian and provided me with the tools to PWN your ass, here's another one just for you.

"Australian Government Department of Finance and Deregulation

As recently as 1999, the same department did not consider short scale to be standard, but only used it occasionally."

They should wipe any plans they have and just cast Yvonne Strahovski in the movie. Shes pretty much the hottest blonde in the history of all blondes. Who would she play? Who cares, shes hot.

I hope they do with Warcraft what they did with Transformers. Make the plot silly and ridiculous and the movie just all around good fun. If they try to create a LoTR movie type atmosphere it will fail.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by conscript

You know, he's actually right, and you're actually wrong, and your sig now is just displaying to everyone that you have no idea what a billion is. Your overreaction just amplifies your failure to understand math/currency systems to levels of ridiculous hilarity. But thanks for playing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_and_short_scales
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billion

"Billion may refer to:

In numbers:

* Long and short scales
    o 1,000,000,000 (number), one thousand million, 109, in the commonly used short scale
    o 1,000,000,000,000 (number), one million million, 1012, in the long scale"
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Has anyone seen Drag Me To Hell? Sam Raimi fucked that up, badly. I mean, a talking sheep, what the hell was that about?!
    I hope this movie will be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    Has anyone seen Drag Me To Hell? Sam Raimi fucked that up, badly. I mean, a talking sheep, what the hell was that about?!
    I hope this movie will be better.
    In your opinion it was fucked up, the movie was actually well received and I thought it was pretty good. You had to treat it as it was meant to be, a horror/comedy type movie. It certainly was better than alot of the other shit that came out last year...and certainly much better than Spider-man.

Tobey Maguire and director Sam Raimi will not be doing a fourth Spider.man film, news reports say today.

Sam Raimi?

Does that mean we will see a Bruce Campbell Cameo in the World of Warcraft movie?

He should totally play Mankrik...

I'm sure its a given the movie will be full of a ton of cheesy puns and slow motion fight scenes.. Sigh..

Re: Warcraft movie in 2011! with SEXY blonde actress? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Diabeetus
    I'd say so far the only movie based off a game that did OKAY was Mortal Kombat 1.

Street Fighter was...lol.
    Resident evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany
    I really hope that Sylvanas is in the movie. But I really hope that this actress doesn't play her.

It needs someone older with more striking facial features, haunting eyes especially. Sylvanas needs traditionally beautiful, not "sexy blonde". And they would need to do some special ghostly effects on her to do her justice.
    Im pretty sure Sylvanas will be in it