Page 1 of 2
LastLast

2PT10 Proc Application for MBAM

Does the MBAM that consumes the charge benefit from the haste proc?

Please do not answer unless you have the set bonus and have seen the mechanics.

Re: 2PT10 Proc Application for MBAM

No. The buff is gained after the last AM pulse has left your hands. And if you interrupt the cast before all 5 have been fired, you'll gain it then.

If you interrupt the AM by starting an AB, does it still apply the haste to the AB?

Yes. You even get the haste buff if you press the AM button, start casting, and interrupt the cast before the first AM pulse is fired.

15+ Year Old Account

Wow... that's surprisingly un-lazy on Blizz's part. I figure it would be on cast... but on completion or interrupt is pretty huge for Arcane. We can practically assume you'll get 3 casts of AB with haste. My speed is at 1.72 raid buffed right now... 12% haste (assuming multiplicative, like all other non-equipment buffs) brings me nearly to 1.5 and with the upgrades I'll be getting in ICC, I should pass it easily. Although, I suppose I should do the math to figure out what the exact haste rating needed is? That will be a major haste goal for Arcane, I think.

Edit:

MATH!

We want the AB cast speed to be 1.5 seconds minus latency. Let's see how much haste we need:

1.5 = 2.5 / ((1 + X/(32.8 * 100)) * 1.06 * 1.05 * 1.03 * 1.12)
    1.5 * (1 + X/(32.8 * 100)) * 1.06 * 1.05 * 1.03 * 1.12 = 2.5
    (1 + X/(32.8 * 100)) = 2.5 / (1.5 * 1.06 * 1.05 * 1.03 * 1.12) = 2.5 / 1.9259352 = 1.298
    X/(32.8*100) = 0.298
    X = 32.8 * 100 * 0.298 = 977.44

We need over 978 haste rating to reach 1.5 seconds ABs with the 2pt10 proc.

If we assume we have 0.1 seconds of latency... we'd need 1.4 second AB casts. (Although I think latency shouldn't matter with spell queuing, I'll do the math anyway, since a buffer would be nice).

(1 + X/(32.8 * 100)) = 2.5 / (1.4 * 1.06 * 1.05 * 1.03 * 1.12) = 2.5 / 1.79753952 = 1.391
    X = 32.8 * 100 * .391 = 1282.48

1283 for 0.1 seconds of latency... which is probably a bit out of reach until you get close to BiS T10 heroic with Dislodged Foreign Object or use a second haste trinket with Dislodged Foreign Object. But like I said... I think the spell queuing means we'll only need to pass the 978 mark, which is easily reachable without heroic gear (and trivial if you use Dislodged Foreign Object).

Quote Originally Posted by Dzul
    Yes. You even get the haste buff if you press the AM button, start casting, and interrupt the cast before the first AM pulse is fired.
    Does ur first AB benifit from the haste buff if u interrupt AM by starting casting AB?

Quote Originally Posted by Skymanym
    Does ur first AB benifit from the haste buff if u interrupt AM by starting casting AB?
    Thats basically what he said...
    Awesome since 1986 - Armory

Played with it for like 5 minutes tonight, 3 casts is easy. I rented gloves/shoulders and was at low 700's in haste and was getting 3 casts off. With IV up I could pump a 3 stack rotation and essentially have a perpetual haste buff, procs permitting. The threshhold for 4 AB's that get benefit seems fairly low in terms of the haste levels we can hit in ICC. Should be pretty beast once we can grab DFO.

After AM is finished?! That was so unexpected. Does this mean that the previous assumption that t10 2pc will be way better for fire turned out to be wrong?

Anyway I'm getting my 2pc tonight just can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    Edit:
    MATH!
    arrgghh my eyes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

15+ Year Old Account

Oops... I was thinking the buff was only 3 seconds for some reason. >.>

Either way, it's still pretty awesome. Should be able to get 4 casts off with the buff easy, which means just the MBAM won't be hasted (or if you need to fish for a proc).

Oops... I was thinking the buff was only 3 seconds for some reason. >.>

Either way, it's still pretty awesome. Should be able to get 4 casts off with the buff easy, which means just the MBAM won't be hasted (or if you need to fish for a proc).
    Yeah, and the MBAM will be hasted with cooldowns, bumping up our burn phase dps another notch.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Wow... that's surprisingly un-lazy on Blizz's part. I figure it would be on cast... but on completion or interrupt is pretty huge for Arcane. We can practically assume you'll get 3 casts of AB with haste. My speed is at 1.72 raid buffed right now... 12% haste (assuming multiplicative, like all other non-equipment buffs) brings me nearly to 1.5 and with the upgrades I'll be getting in ICC, I should pass it easily. Although, I suppose I should do the math to figure out what the exact haste rating needed is? That will be a major haste goal for Arcane, I think.

Edit:

MATH!

We want the AB cast speed to be 1.5 seconds minus latency. Let's see how much haste we need:

1.5 = 2.5 / ((1 + X/(32.8 * 100)) * 1.06 * 1.05 * 1.03 * 1.12)
    1.5 * (1 + X/(32.8 * 100)) * 1.06 * 1.05 * 1.03 * 1.12 = 2.5
    (1 + X/(32.8 * 100)) = 2.5 / (1.5 * 1.06 * 1.05 * 1.03 * 1.12) = 2.5 / 1.9259352 = 1.298
    X/(32.8*100) = 0.298
    X = 32.8 * 100 * 0.298 = 977.44

We need over 978 haste rating to reach 1.5 seconds ABs with the 2pt10 proc.

If we assume we have 0.1 seconds of latency... we'd need 1.4 second AB casts. (Although I think latency shouldn't matter with spell queuing, I'll do the math anyway, since a buffer would be nice).

(1 + X/(32.8 * 100)) = 2.5 / (1.4 * 1.06 * 1.05 * 1.03 * 1.12) = 2.5 / 1.79753952 = 1.391
    X = 32.8 * 100 * .391 = 1282.48

1283 for 0.1 seconds of latency... which is probably a bit out of reach until you get close to BiS T10 heroic with Dislodged Foreign Object or use a second haste trinket with Dislodged Foreign Object. But like I said... I think the spell queuing means we'll only need to pass the 978 mark, which is easily reachable without heroic gear (and trivial if you use Dislodged Foreign Object).
    those maths are just weird numbers atm, but, all buffs factored in i guess?

5% from shaman / 3%haste from mage/ret, think that's all from haste? (minus bloodlust ofcourse)
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

If you still have time on your buff when you finish another AM cast, does it refresh the duration?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge
    If you still have time on your buff when you finish another AM cast, does it refresh the duration?
    Yes, the current buff is removed and you gain a fresh one, just like if you proc MB or HS when you already have one up.

This is kinda, sorta on topic...but I didn't want to make a new thread, so I figured it can fit :P. With 2-piece T10, you still just go to the fourth stack and use missile barrage, right? Or has the priority changed to missile barrage usage asap?

Quote Originally Posted by Leshya
    This is kinda, sorta on topic...but I didn't want to make a new thread, so I figured it can fit :P. With 2-piece T10, you still just go to the fourth stack and use missile barrage, right? Or has the priority changed to missile barrage usage asap?
    4 stacks is still more dps, but 3 stacks is ridiculously more mana efficient and the dps gap isn't as large anymore. I switch between the two depending on mana. Generally speaking, though, I dump on third stack expecting to miss procs and have to go to 6+ AB casts later, but it depends on where we are in the fight.

Running with the 2pt10 + 1k passive haste and its AWESOME. Although you will need to adjust to it - it took me about 10-20min on dummies to get used to it. But I think in order to maximize it i`ll spend some more time at the dummies. The thing is that the buff is very short and the chance of loosing it is quite high if you do not pay attention :P .

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by therealpeni
    those maths are just weird numbers atm, but, all buffs factored in i guess?

5% from shaman / 3%haste from mage/ret, think that's all from haste? (minus bloodlust ofcourse)
    Ignore my previous maths. I was looking at druid stuff that day and mixed up the duration of the 2pt10 (5 seconds) with Nature's Grace (3 seconds). All the numbers were factored in, but your real concern should be getting 4 Arcane Blasts in the buff window, which should be trivial if you're gearing right. Getting the MBAM in also is not feasible without cooldowns (or dropping on a 3-stack, obviously).

In other news, yay 2pt10 tonight. =D Sadly, I will probably be wearing the ugly 251 version until I have the DKP to bid on a mark...

In other news, yay 2pt10 tonight. =D Sadly, I will probably be wearing the ugly 251 version until I have the DKP to bid on a mark...
    Lol dkp.

Anyway, I'm currently over soft cap at 900 haste with 2pc, IV, and lust. I think my AB's were sitting at .96 cast times or so. Not low enough for me to separate cooldowns yet (the added benefit of combining definitely outweighs .04 seconds lost per cast), but I really do not look forward to splitting CD's when I'm at 1100+. Also i have too many fucking procs to keep track of now. Powerauras is all over my screen!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    Lol dkp.

Anyway, I'm currently over soft cap at 900 haste with 2pc, IV, and lust. I think my AB's were sitting at .96 cast times or so. Not low enough for me to separate cooldowns yet (the added benefit of combining definitely outweighs .04 seconds lost per cast), but I really do not look forward to splitting CD's when I'm at 1100+. Also i have too many fucking procs to keep track of now. Powerauras is all over my screen!
    What do you guys use? Loot council?

And what procs are you keeping track of? I only bother to watch my AB stack and MBAM. 2pt10 is predictable.