EP AP 1 => EP Str 2,9 ???

The title says it all, iam really not into this simcraft things at all, but is had a recent look at the elitist jerk forum for blood spec infos (http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t61176-b...dps_guide/p49/) .

I stumbled across some EP tables. So what iam wondering and maybe someone can illuminate me. If AP is 1 EP, how can Strengh be 2.9 EP???
    Ok all the talents and Kings... but kings is 1.1x and 1.03x from unholy and max 1.08x from blood. so this sums up to a maximum of 1.21x meaning 1 strength equipped equals 1.21 strenght stats and therefor 2.42 AP and NOT 2.9 AP am I missing something???

Thanks
    Chani

PS: i have that fealing that this simcraft things are odd...

Re: EP AP 1 => EP Str 2,9 ???

Not really, it just means 2.9 AP fives the same amount of DPS as 1 str. The stuff is not based off just talents and buffs, but how much of a dps increase 1 point of x gives, with the final results normalized to the amount of dps 1 point of AP gives.

You forgot about fallen crusader. Also dk pets scale with strength but not attack power, so we will always have a high weight for strength.

For unholy strength is good enough that we use the 15 strength glove enchant instead of 44 attack power.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by chani666
    The title says it all, iam really not into this simcraft things at all, but is had a recent look at the elitist jerk forum for blood spec infos (http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t61176-b...dps_guide/p49/) .

I stumbled across some EP tables. So what iam wondering and maybe someone can illuminate me. If AP is 1 EP, how can Strengh be 2.9 EP???
    Ok all the talents and Kings... but kings is 1.1x and 1.03x from unholy and max 1.08x from blood. so this sums up to a maximum of 1.21x meaning 1 strength equipped equals 1.21 strenght stats and therefor 2.42 AP and NOT 2.9 AP am I missing something???

Thanks
    Chani

PS: i have that fealing that this simcraft things are odd...
    Take everything in the blood DPS thread with a grain of salt - it's out of date (still in 3.2). The Unholy and Frost and endgame tanking threads are completely up to date though last I checked.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Oh well I forgot fallen crusader... its 1.15x with an uptime of let it be 75% ? Bute lets be generous so we total a multiplier of 1.36x resulting in 2.72 AP.
    And the ghul is of a no issue for blood i suppose.

Anyone else know of something i forgot?

@fabian
    the ep are normalise to ap=1 meaning that what ever stat gives ap only must have that said same value as ap multiplied by its multiplier it gives ap, and that is 2.72 ap for 1 strength. I would be different if there are any abilities which scale off strength instead of ap, but i dont know any.

Oh well I forgot fallen crusader... its 1.15x with an uptime of let it be 75% ? Bute lets be generous so we total a multiplier of 1.36x resulting in 2.72 AP.

Anyone else know of something i forgot?

@fabian
    the ep are normalise to ap=1 meaning that what ever stat gives ap only must have that said same value as ap multiplied by its multiplier it gives ap, and that is 2.72 ap for 1 strength. I would be different if there are any abilities which scale off strength instead of ap, but i dont know any.

There are, Shiira gave one...

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    You forgot about fallen crusader. Also dk pets scale with strength but not attack power, so we will always have a high weight for strength.

For unholy strength is good enough that we use the 15 strength glove enchant instead of 44 attack power.

Okay completely offtopic here

Liking the new avatar.
    biym

sigil procs?

2p set bonus t9 proc?
    Dark Intent
    Buff Mage? I think not.
    "I made the comment "Melee Caster" because you will do more damage as a Demonology Warlock by standing in Melee range..."
    -Gherkin, US Rexxar.
    Proud Melee Caster!

still, sigil procs and t9 2pc only increase the strengh for a certain amount, but they dont change the value of strength relative to ap...

the only thing which comes to mind which i have forgotten is unbreakable armor. but then you dont skill this in blood....

15+ Year Old Account

Shit. Shiira changed his avatar? I'm so gonna be lost now D:

Deleted

Why's that?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Saram
    Why's that?

I don't know about it being no issue, but it's definetly less. No GoGhoul, no PermaGhoul. I'm not sure how ghoul gets stats on a Blood or Frost DK. I've given up on both those specs

Deleted

Ghoul is still a good dps timer for blood, which still has ravenous dead.

It's easily enough to push the EP value of str from 2.72 to 2.9 (although both numbers are very rough approximations)

Admittedly in most encounters your ghoul is unlikely to last the full minute without NotD's AoE reduction (and I doubt the simulators from where these stat weights are derived factor ghoul survibility, or incoming damage at all) but raise dead is certainly not dismissable for any DK spec.

if its the ghoul i have estimated it to be 315 dps contribution or 945 dps while its active...

is that in anyway true for a blood spec? It would explain the statweighting, but to be honest I have no idea :-)

Deleted

Sounds about right.

My unholy ghoul does around 1250 DPS in a raid. Blood wouldn't have it glyphed so it would be a bit lower, but would still account for at least 300 DPS overall (3-5% of your total) with strength being by far the primary factor of its damage, whilst raw AP has no effect.

I'm not sure of the mechanics having never really played blood much, but I'm 90% sure the cooldown start when the ghoul dies, even if it's a non-perm ghoul? So you'd have 1 minute of ghoul then 3 minutes of cooldown, so it's up 1/4 of the time, not 1/3.

On the flip side though, it's going to be up more than 25% of a fight (again assuming it never dies, which I believe these simulators do) - if a fight lasts 1 minute, it's up 100% of the time. If a fight lasts 2 minutes, it's up 50% of the time. If a fight lasts 5 minutes, it's up 40% (0-1m, 4-5m) etc