The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Does anything happen to afkers and bots?

I keep seeing the same botters and afkers every BG I join even though I notify them to being afk.

Re: Does anything happen to afkers and bots?

The report AFK feature is just a temporary measure to allow players to get rid of people who are actually AFK before the game itself does this. Botters on the other hand generally get into combat so the debuff never gets to kicking out stage.

Just another waste of players time even to bother using it.
    How many people do you see in WSG walking over to the opposite graveyard and just standing there facing the gy...I get lots on my battlegroup, only problem is people on my team then like to spend time performing some type of mating dance with them instead of playing the match.
    Born under the Discipline tree.

Try focusing on playing the game instead of appointing yourself nanny. You're hardly any better than somebody AFKing if you spend your time scouring the battlefield for AFK players instead of doing your job, whatever that may be.

...at least AFK players tend not to whine during the match. :

(and now, for some halfwit spouting "HURRRR DURRR DURRRR JEDDITE MUST B AFKING HURRRRRRFFFFFFF I WEAR SPECIAL CLOTHES WITH NO SHARP CORNERS FLORRRFFFF)

Also, AFK players get issued bench warrants and are arrested and jailed. True story.

I > U

Botting can get you banned, although i think you get a few warnings and temps before its a full on ban. The AFK is just temporary to eject you from the game.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jeddite
    Try focusing on playing the game instead of appointing yourself nanny. You're hardly any better than somebody AFKing if you spend your time scouring the battlefield for AFK players instead of doing your job, whatever that may be.

...at least AFK players tend not to whine during the match. :

(and now, for some halfwit spouting "HURRRR DURRR DURRRR JEDDITE MUST B AFKING HURRRRRRFFFFFFF I WEAR SPECIAL CLOTHES WITH NO SHARP CORNERS FLORRRFFFF)

Also, AFK players get issued bench warrants and are arrested and jailed. True story.

These are the words of someone who afk's or bots.................

They die. Like everyone else.

Blizzard bans them, they pay their sub, and BAM they are back.

That's really what happens. If blizzard perma-banned all the botters, they'd lose too much money. They do it just enough to appear as though they are doing something about it.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

No warnings are given to botters. Blizz just nukes them.

Mark my words..IF Blizzard can find a way to market a premium subscription that allows players to bot certain things they will

Or an IRL $$penalty$$ to reactivate the accounts

Botters usually receive a temp ban before they get hammered down on.
    AFK'ers on the other hand just get kicked out of the BG, back in BC I had a GM contact me because I would spacebar afk AV. He just told me to get into the fight and RP'ed about how I should be killing alliance, after that I've never afk'd a BG, I like my acc too much to risk losing it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrama
    No warnings are given to botters. Blizz just nukes them.

Mark my words..IF Blizzard can find a way to market a premium subscription that allows players to bot certain things they will
    I'd pay an extra £5 a month to not have to sit in shitty BGs to grind ridiculous amounts of honour :P
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

If there is a temporary ban for botters then my friends and I got screwed in BC. 6 of us lost our original accounts on the same day without warnings.

I hate the damn BG campers and bots, they ruin the whole group. You can't have 10 people fighting and 3 of them are bots. You lose. People who put the time and effort into making bots should be doing it themselves. I've lost a lot of BGs because of crap like that.

"report afk player" is useless, it just gives players the "no honor" debuff, which isn't much of a punishment for a botter.

If you really want a botter gone you have to manually write a GM ticket for him.

I normally will Shift - Spacebar to bring up the bg scoreboard and from there just sort by damage and if a person has close to the honor of the rest of the group but 0 Dmg 0 Healing then I will right click report them... then I normally hit edit on my GM ticket and add time / Name / Server to the ticket. Sure they might just ignore it they might do something about it but what else do I have to do while waiting 30 seconds for that GY bot to rez me.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Unless it happens repeatedly for a long period of time, botters will usually get a 72 hour ban first. Blizzard has shown exception to this rule before, it all comes down to how many reports you get and for how long back, at least that's what I've noticed. A bunch of friends of mine bot, and some get 72 hour bans first, while I believe two actually got banned permanently for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelbot
    CLEARLY this is blizzard ONCE AGAIN catering to casuals. Us hardcore have no problem with taking an extra 8 seconds to cast a basic camp fire. That's how it's been for years. This game just gets easier and easier, Blizzard may as well just hand out free camp fires all over the major cities at this point!

The bots now are VERRY HUMAN LIKE it's hard to tell when people even bot in a bg
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nazjatar&cn=S%C3%B3l

Bots are human. They are people with a program that keeps them flowing in honor while not getting the afk debuff and not getting a real afk tag(like running and jumping) and getting removed. Most of them are like 2 feet away stuffing their face so when you tell the bg to report them afk(the 0 honor report afk requires like 40% of the bg to report them so in like IoC you need 16 people or something to tag them with the little pig debuff) they will go "NO I'M NOT AFK" "Then why do you have 0 damage and 0 healing there?" "I'm eating dinner!". Something really does need to be done to prevent that. I guess I must be one of the only sadists in this game that actually takes pleasure in killing the other faction.

I think you voting them AFK should get them kicked from the BG because if that many people think your AFK, you have no reason to be there.

As for abuses, if you managed to make that many people think you should go away, you have no reason to be there.