10+ Year Old Account

Putricide 10m and abomination tips

Yesterday I was in a group that wiped several times on putricide. We got better each attempt, but I noticed the abomination controller was having trouble keeping up with eating the slime. Any protips from those who have defeated him as to how to streamline the ooze-eating process?

Re: Putricide 10m and abomination tips

Don't do a phase transition with slime puddles up because they will keep growing while everyone is stunned.

Start eating them as soon as they spawn because the bigger they get the longer it takes.

Don't dispel the abomination debuff.

Edit: To add to this, don't transition to phase three until you can do it with no adds and no slime puddles up. You're only making the soft enrage harder to beat if you do, and you may risk running into the hard enrage if you didn't optimze phase one and two well enough.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Don't dispel the abomination debuff.
    Our Resto Shammy dispelled it once and we wiped ofc. An epic failure ^^

Start eating them as soon as they spawn because the bigger they get the longer it takes.
    Agreed. But I haven't controlled the abom so I don't know the exact mechanics of it.

Taken from other thread http://i46.tinypic.com/14sd16p.gif

Have the Abomination eat the slimes as early as possible. The longer they are up the longer it takes to remove them. So, if you fall behind with eating these, at a certain point it's impossible to catch up.

Our Abomination controller had enough time to eat and do a decent amount of damage when he concentrated on eating the slimes early. Don't forget, that the slow is a ranged attack, so you can slow the walking puddings from far away. (If you want, you can even pull the Prof. near the slimes on the floor, the abomination can simultanously do damage and eat slime.)

15+ Year Old Account

We haven't actually killed him but I am the Abom controller in our team. 3% once everyone got on the same page.

Make sure the controller is doing it in the proper priority. Slowing the slime > Eating pools > Debuffing slimes with melee attack

Once slimes are slowed you continue eating pools and you should be immediately eating the pools and don't bother attacking Putricide himself. If you
    have time (which you should if you're paying attention) you will be able to camp the spot where the slimes spawn. Then you can slow them, apply a couple
    of the debuffs via melee and then run to the next slime pools that spawn.

Your abomination will rarely if ever have a chance to apply the debuff to Putricide himself and if you have a warrior it doesn't stack with sunder so it's useless.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222