Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    Remember to put in one MP5/CRIT piece because having too much haste will likely make you go oom.
    Trust me if you go all mp5 or crit haste, you'll go Oom quicker.
    Have to balance throughput and regen.
    b) Don't realise theres a 30% buff so fights are alot quicker which means you don't need much regen at all.
    When you flip back and forth with such contradictory views it really means one of two things. Either you're trolling and just trying to stir up the pot while offering no real contribution to the thread... Or you're just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulldancer View Post
    People act as if crit/mp5 gear is TOTALLY sinful. If crit gives you a certain amount of regen and through put on the action of a heal and mp5 is constant regen why WOULDNT a pally use ONE crit/mp5 piece?

I have 950ish haste with the rotface 10 man boots and dropped then for the 277 heroic dream boots BECAUSE of the total aspec of regen and higher sp,mp5, and int so it was a no brainer. I am still at around 900ish haste. Now 50 or so haste wont change a DAM thing because all you did was decrease it by like .07 sec or LESS in trade for BETTER regen and THROUGHPUT than before. I might change up my gearing scheme and go haste/crit > crit/MP5 > haste/Mp5 to FULLY maximize healing. Just get mp5 from crit gear

Its MANY times where a CLUTCH crit heal saved the raids ass..... IJS
    I can guarantee you that It's not "Many times". In fact, I promise you that your added Crit has never once saved your raid from a wipe. The mathematics behind a situation like this are just absurd. You have better chances of winning the lottery.

I really thought you would have learned by now and stopped posting such drivel.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    When you flip back and forth with such contradictory views it really means one of two things. Either you're trolling and just trying to stir up the pot while offering no real contribution to the thread... Or you're just plain stupid.

I can guarantee you that It's not "Many times". In fact, I promise you that your added Crit has never once saved your raid from a wipe. The mathematics behind a situation like this are just absurd. You have better chances of winning the lottery.

I really thought you would have learned by now and stopped posting such drivel.
    It can and I bet it has. If healing itself is a mechanic that is life support to the raid why not have surges to that life support? So a string of crits of Holy Light wont buff the damage a tank get during fester 25 heroic or better yet a series of blows during sarfang heroic 25 when he's sub 30% hp?

The mp5 aspec is still king I'm gonna formulate gear to get my mp5 from crit/mp5 gear and my haste from crit/haste gear.

Thats like Ret pallies gemming complete Str and not Str/Crit in yellow slots.... Ret need to have a hight crit to inflict more damage per sec. Healing is essentially anti damage per sec, HEALS per sec therefore WHY not have a decent lvl of crit? Drivel? Its on our gear for a reason! Pally's wear plate 1st as the game designed us to. the only haste/mp5 plate belt is the heroic 10 BQL belt. other than that its haste/crit and crit mp5.

And they wonder why they made armor grade penalties in cata.

Healing is essentially anti damage per sec, HEALS per sec therefore WHY not have a decent lvl of crit? Drivel? Its on our gear for a reason!
    Which is exactly why you do not need to get crit/mp5 pieces, you get plenty of crit already from every other item through it's intellect, and the pieces that are itemized with haste/crit. Have you ever looked at your own logs? I'm betting that without using a single piece of crit/mp5, you'd already be close to 50% crit on every heal cast. Will you see any noticeable change bumping that to say 55% (which would be an immense increase from 1 item, or even 2)? No! You gear for haste first and foremost because the more often your heals are landing, the less likely the tank will die between casts. The faster you can pump them out, the less time the tanks spend at sub 100% health.

Looking at your post again, you've gotta be a troll... why did I bother.

I wanted to read up on why 4p t10 is bad but it seems your links aren't working. Wouldn't mind if you fixed that or pointed me in the right direction of the threads. Or I might just be retarded and be failing at clicking links...
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Statement back at you.
    Everytime someone suggests a motion against you, you flame them to death without providing them adequate proof.

No! You gear for haste first and foremost because the more often your heals are landing, the less likely the tank will die between casts. The faster you can pump them out, the less time the tanks spend at sub 100% health.

More haste requires more regen as you cast spells faster. People seem to ignore this fact.

Hope you aren't still talking about HC LK, because if you are, you definatly have never tried him, because mana is an issue on him, it really is.
    ^
    I've never oomed on Phase 1. You shouldn't be ooming on Phase 1 in 25 man, maybe 10 man but not 25.

---------- Post added 2010-08-07 at 08:54 AM ----------

Skulldance - It is because Healing has a limit to how much HPS you can do unless you're a disc priest.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

It can and I bet it has. If healing itself is a mechanic that is life support to the raid why not have surges to that life support? So a string of crits of Holy Light wont buff the damage a tank get during fester 25 heroic or better yet a series of blows during sarfang heroic 25 when he's sub 30% hp?

The mp5 aspec is still king I'm gonna formulate gear to get my mp5 from crit/mp5 gear and my haste from crit/haste gear.

Thats like Ret pallies gemming complete Str and not Str/Crit in yellow slots.... Ret need to have a hight crit to inflict more damage per sec. Healing is essentially anti damage per sec, HEALS per sec therefore WHY not have a decent lvl of crit? Drivel? Its on our gear for a reason! Pally's wear plate 1st as the game designed us to. the only haste/mp5 plate belt is the heroic 10 BQL belt. other than that its haste/crit and crit mp5.

And they wonder why they made armor grade penalties in cata.
    This is like the dumbest reasoning for the dumbest conclusion I've ever heard.

We are not anti-dps. DPS can always go bigger and harder. HPS is limited by incoming damage. There is a cap to how much healing you can do in any given fight, in any given minute, in any given second. You want to be there when the damage happens, not in between casts.

Ret does not gem Crit because it needs it. They gem Crit to meet Str socket bonuses that net them more stats overall.

Just because a stat comes on gear does not make it good. Armor Pen comes on DPS Plate. Doesn't mean I want my Ret running around in it. Spirit comes on Cloth. Doesn't mean I want my S.Priest stacking it. Armor Pen comes on Leather. Doesn't mean my Bear wants it. See the trend here?

Blizzard is implementing armor grade bonuses in the next expansion for the same reason they're cutting back on the different stats that exist. Because the half-wits they are looking to cater to are too stupid to look at a piece of gear and decide if it's an upgrade. You demonstrate this need nearly every time you post.

---------- Post added 2010-08-07 at 09:05 AM ----------

Statement back at you.
    Everytime someone suggests a motion against you, you flame them to death without providing them adequate proof.
    Really. Me. Never supplying information, math and logic to back up my assertions. Are you sure you want to stick with this story? You must be new here.

More haste requires more regen as you cast spells faster. People seem to ignore this fact.
    No one is "ignoring this fact". They're telling you that taking less Haste or using Crit as a mana source is a crappy way of compensating for high mana useage.

---------- Post added 2010-08-07 at 09:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I wanted to read up on why 4p t10 is bad but it seems your links aren't working. Wouldn't mind if you fixed that or pointed me in the right direction of the threads. Or I might just be retarded and be failing at clicking links...
    It's not you. It's the links. All old links broke with the boards upgrade. And right now, the search feature is not letting you search by user. It will take some time for me to locate the source of those links. I may do this at a later date. Sorry.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2010-08-07 at 03:16 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

No one is ignoring that at all, hence the reason we all go for haste/mp5... it includes both!