What now? I'm lost.

Friends, i'm kinda lost. What should i do to improve my gear? Here is my armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...song&n=Rotkopf

I'm about 4700gs, and it's freaking hard to enter on any raid, cause there is always some noob complaining, even when that noob has 4750gs...
    Anyway. What can i farm to improve my gear, without having to spend like 10k gold crafting an icc piece of gear?

Any help about gems/enchants would help too, but my big focus is to get 5k gs so ppl cant complain on raids...

Re: What now? I'm lost.

Oh you're a tank. That being said, people are always going to bitch about your gear. They want some 45k hp unbuffed one so they can get their free boost while facerolling to free epics, then /flex their gearscore at other people. Upon looking at your gear, you pretty much got the best item on all slots out of farming heroics. The only real nice upgrade I can think of, in your case, would be upgrading to Ick's something. It's the dodge rating trinket from pos heroic, drops from Ick obviously (poison dude). Getting that one up to epic would boost gearscore quite nicely.

Although I think your gear is definately good enough for atleast some togc 10 or so, yeah I reckon some people are gonna bitch about gearscore. Just hang in there, really. Some raids are gonna get you in. Remember that tanks are very hard to come by so there will always be some raid out there that desperately needs a tank.

As far as bumping your GS I can't help you. I don't follow that shit nor do I care what people think about it. I get the best gear I can that suits me for what I need it for regardless of its Ilvl (the black heart?).

For gems, I'm going to tell you the same thing I tell every single person I see with low quality gems. If I was leading a raid and you showed up as ANY spec for a spot (especially freaking TANK) with low quality gems I would replace you. There is multiple ways to get epic gems now (honor, gold, badges, and Stone keeper shards into honor) and not having epic gems in ever spot tells SOME people you don't really care.

Another thing that raid leaders see, regardless of GS checking or not, is the fact you have bad or missing enchants. This is another sign to a raid leader that you don't care enough to do your gear right and fully. Get an enchant on your chest that is for a warrior tank (275hp or 22def), one on your bracers (40 stam) and one on your cape (armor). Change the one on your gloves to armsman or exp or hit or an armor kit idc but make it something for tanking. You have enchanting (I cant see what level-armory is fucked) and your rings are not enchanted.

You are also trying real hard to match socket colors, which (and some people dont actually know this) you don't have to. You have a fuck ton of def (580+ not including future enchants) which isn't BAD but you can consider just gemming stam in certain places if the socket bonus is mathematically not better than the gem itself.

As for upgrades, the poster above me pretty much got it all out. The shield he is talking about is HoR normal (splintered citadel door I think).

There is so much you can do without even setting foot in a raid.

iLvL 219 shield from HoR normal
    iLvL 226 conquest badge belt
    iLvL 219 ring from ToC Hrc
    iLvL 200 Trinket from ToC normal

Next sort out your gems and enchants. Still using blue gems this late in the expansion, well there isn't any excuse for it.

As someone else said don't worry about matching gems to the socket unless it's a really good socket bonus or you need it for the meta and when you do:

Blue - 30 Stam
    Red - 10 Exp/15 Stam or 10 Dodge/15 stam
    Yellow 10 Hit/15 stam or a nightmare tear

You really need another 100 hit though. 163 isn't nearly enough.

Finally sort out your enchants. Level your enchanting to do the rings. Put 225 armor on the cloak, 275hp on chest, 40 stam on wrists, threat/parry or stam on gloves (why do you have crit?!) and stam or titanium plating on shield.

Do all that and then start worrying about raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack
    There is so much you can do without even setting foot in a raid.

iLvL 219 shield from HoR normal
    iLvL 226 conquest badge belt
    iLvL 219 ring from ToC Hrc
    iLvL 200 Trinket from ToC normal

Next sort out your gems and enchants. Still using blue gems this late in the expansion, well there isn't any excuse for it.

As someone else said don't worry about matching gems to the socket unless it's a really good socket bonus or you need it for the meta and when you do:

Blue - 30 Stam
    Red - 10 Exp/15 Stam or 10 Dodge/15 stam
    Yellow 10 Hit/15 stam or a nightmare tear

You really need another 100 hit though. 163 isn't nearly enough.

Finally sort out your enchants. Level your enchanting to do the rings. Put 225 armor on the cloak, 275hp on chest, 40 stam on wrists, threat/parry or stam on gloves (why do you have crit?!) and stam or titanium plating on shield.

Do all that and then start worrying about raiding.
    As long as you're cruising near 26 expertise 163 hit rating is just fine.

Which isn't to say that being hit capped isn't better, but right now you're probably never missing an enemy or getting dodges/parries.

Do however pick up the Black Heart. The stamina is great and the proc will give you about 5% or more physical damage reduction when it procs - which is pretty significant.

Thanks all for the great answers and help.
    I already got the bracer from BS (ty god i have a miner char :P).

About the belt, i'll get a lot of status but lose block. Is block a good stat nowadays? I've seen a lot of discussions, but got no conclusion. Besides, what i see is that tank gear is focused at parry and dodge, instead of block.

I'm farming the Black Heart, but that crap doesnt seem to drop, and ToC is boring as hell... but i'll keep trying.

About enchant, I use moongoose at my axe, but i also have the sword with the same stats (dont remember the name, but it's from PoS Heroic). I'm thinking about enchanting the sword with blood drinking, since a lot of ppl say that is a good enchant too. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonymad
    Thanks all for the great answers and help.
    I already got the bracer from BS (ty god i have a miner char :P).

About the belt, i'll get a lot of status but lose block. Is block a good stat nowadays? I've seen a lot of discussions, but got no conclusion. Besides, what i see is that tank gear is focused at parry and dodge, instead of block.

I'm farming the Black Heart, but that crap doesnt seem to drop, and ToC is boring as hell... but i'll keep trying.

About enchant, I use moongoose at my axe, but i also have the sword with the same stats (dont remember the name, but it's from PoS Heroic). I'm thinking about enchanting the sword with blood drinking, since a lot of ppl say that is a good enchant too. What do you think?
    Don't worry about losing block and as far as enchants go, I dislike both BW and BR. Stick with the goose, it is still the shit or pick up accuracy if you're not hit capped.

Lazy enchants... cheap gems.. lots of easily accessible upgrades available... Try harder.

Although if people won't let you tank stuff like ToC 10, they probably aren't worth running with. I tanked it with much less gear on my alt. As long as you know the fights, it's a joke.