Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What Tier 10 elemental shaman set bonus should look like

imo the set bonus for elemental shaman tier 10 should be something like:

2 pc : Your Lava Burst extends the duration of your Flame shock on its target by 6 sec.
    4 pc : Everytime you cast Thunderstorm your spells deal 10 % increased damage for about 7/10 sec.

blizzard idea of 4 pc bonus should replace the current 2 pc and i like the idea given to other classes like mages to give a flat damage boost after using a cooldown, in this case (shaman) its a smaller boost for a shorter duration to compesate for the lower cooldown on thunderstorm compared to mirror image,

Re: What Tier 10 elemental shaman set bonus should look like

I agree with the 2set, but the 4set would not be that big of a deal, theres really no point to using thunderstorm in any raid situation unless your either aoeing, or running low on mana (which you should not be)

thats exactly the point, giving us a reason to use our 51 point talent in pve :<

Quote Originally Posted by Rehea
    thats exactly the point, giving us a reason to use our 51 point talent in pve :<
    no. Stopping our rotation(i.e: running around, adding another flame shock) already fucks our rotation. Don't wanna gimp it more.

Unless the 7-10 sec would be extended or thunderstorms CD lowered, there would be almost no point to that, the damage boost would be very little, and not to mention you would lose 1 sec of the dmg because of the GCD thunderstorm sets off.

was just an idea, without even doing maths about it, but i guess it could get worked around to a flat 3 % dmg boost for 45 sec after using thunderstorm or something like that, and then it would be something similar do dks 4 pc

10+ Year Old Account

My idea would be to have the 2pc bonus be "Elemental Mastery now increases damage done by 12% during its duration" basically a copy of the enhance set but one that makes sense too.
    The 4 piece could then be what it originally was, and wouldn't interfere with the 2pc.

It would be less than that though, probably only around 1.5-2% because stopping our rotation every 45 sec is a big dps loss, the 10% dmg would not make up for that in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by whowherewhat?
    My idea would be to have the 2pc bonus be "Elemental Mastery now increases damage done by 12% during its duration" basically a copy of the enhance set but one that makes sense too.
    The 4 piece could then be what it originally was, and wouldn't interfere with the 2pc.
    thats a great idea aswell but a bit op for pvp

at the same time it wouldnt be though, if you wore the 2set into an arena, you would likely get taken out first in a 5s match, and then theres no point to even having it on in the first place

10+ Year Old Account

I always thought thunderstorm would have been better if they made it castable on the current target causing damage to all enemys around the target with a like 10 sec CD

Doesnt screw our rotation and would give a decent AOE.

As for the 4p: Lava burst, chain lightning and lightning bolts now have a chance on crit/hit to increase spellpower/intellect by x amount

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz
    I always thought thunderstorm would have been better if they made it castable on the current target causing damage to all enemys around the target with a like 10 sec CD

Doesnt screw our rotation and would give a decent AOE.

As for the 4p: Lava burst, chain lightning and lightning bolts now have a chance on crit/hit to increase spellpower/intellect by x amount
    I agree with that 4set, maby just haste instead of int but yeah, that would be much better. And if thunderstorm was like that, then it would be pretty much useless for pvp, which i dont think was the intent

10+ Year Old Account

Not to sound harsh but that make the enhancement 2pc OP in arenas?

Quote Originally Posted by whowherewhat?
    Not to sound harsh but that make the enhancement 2pc OP in arenas?
    Yes, its going to be, but enh can make up for the squishyness with the shammy rage talent, either way, theres gonna be a ton of qq once beast cleave teams get even better

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Worldcarver
    I agree with that 4set, maby just haste instead of int but yeah, that would be much better. And if thunderstorm was like that, then it would be pretty much useless for pvp, which i dont think was the intent
    Very good call. Im not a pvper so i never really put pvp into my thought process lol

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Yeah... it can be a big lifesaver in arena, especially in 5s haha

Ya when to use it is gonna be the big question if it becomes a normal pvp setup, cause your gonna have to think to yourself should i use it for damage or damage negation which is in fact huge for a enh pvper. Now of course you could always have the situation that your burning someone while there all trying to kill you

4 piece - Your totem of wrath effect is applied to any fire totem in addition to the totem's normal effect

or preferably

your fire elemental is no longer bound to a totem and is rather a permanent pet!

ok, ok, neither of those is ever going to happen, so how about;

The periodic damage of your flameshock has a chance to make your next lightening bolt instant cast (warlock nightfall in different packaging) (would have to be LB as if it was LB we'd undoubtedly get a 'nerf cuz PvP' thing)

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

I think the increases damage to EM would be a very good dps increases and would make sense. Its kinda pathetic reading back to some of ghostcrawlers comments saying that pve will no longer be balanced around pvp, must have some real good job security to still be around.

And as far as increasing flame shock on target, we need a actual dps increase not these 100 dp increases for 120-190 frost badges. Mages t10 2pc is a 500 dps increase why our 2pc and 4pc is a whopping 160 dps. Maybe the developers for shamans arent real good on math but that should be obvious.

Deleted

2: Increases the duration of Flame Shock by 11 sec. Also targets affected by Flame Shock will take 5% more damage from the shaman who casted it.
    4: Your Elemental Mastery has it's cooldown reduced by 30 sec. Also increases spell power by 10% while Elemental Mastery is active.